Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #61
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

my thoughts, I do not smoke have never smoked and have no interest in it...however I definitely think it should be legalized.

I used to do a lot of designated driver...soon got asked to drive a few friends who wanted to go smoke. a sober view point of both drinkers and smokers? I would much rather drive smokers. they are mellow, happy and harmless. drunks well we've all seen them in action.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #62
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

I'd rather not be around smokers. They stink, literally, and just like cigarette smokers they are oblivious to it.

The point about 'designated drivers' reminded me that maybe 3-4 times a week I end up behind a car, from which that skunk-like smell emanates. We have laws against having open containers in cars and laws about the amount of alcohol you can have in your system, but testing for THC is problematic. Laws similar to those covering open containers, in vehicles, would have to be instituted. In other words NO weed or hash in the driver's compartment.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #63
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I'd rather not be around smokers. They stink, literally, and just like cigarette smokers they are oblivious to it.

The point about 'designated drivers' reminded me that maybe 3-4 times a week I end up behind a car, from which that skunk-like smell emanates. We have laws against having open containers in cars and laws about the amount of alcohol you can have in your system, but testing for THC is problematic. Laws similar to those covering open containers, in vehicles, would have to be instituted. In other words NO weed or hash in the driver's compartment.
I can get down with that. A bigger issue is lack of creativity with our politicians... well, I should say, the lack of creativity with anything that doesn't involve winning an election. There's evidence that pot smokers aren't even close to being as dangerous on the road as drunk drivers. Drinking causes you to lose inhibitions and take more risks. Smoking is generally quite the opposite... causing people to become more cautious and less willing to take risks. However, that's just too complicated for gubment, so they try to always use the alchohol parallel. It needs to be handled differently because, well, its different.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #64
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
A woman in my gym owns a medical marijuana store and can sell marijuana to any adult in January. She asked if I would be coming in. I told her I quit smoking cigarettes almost 40 years ago, and would feel strange inhaling smoke.

She said (with a twinkle in her eye) "No worries, we have lots of (THC) candy and wonderful brownies." So you can have your cake and eat it.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #65
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
A woman in my gym owns a medical marijuana store and can sell marijuana to any adult in January. She asked if I would be coming in. I told her I quit smoking cigarettes almost 40 years ago, and would feel strange inhaling smoke.

She said (with a twinkle in her eye) "No worries, we have lots of (THC) candy and wonderful brownies." So you can have your cake and eat it.
Edibles will FUCK you up.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #66
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Edibles will FUCK you up.
Body buzz is weird.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #67
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Body buzz is weird.
And it's easy to go way too deep...
Old 09-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #68
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
And it's easy to go way too deep...
I once had someone slip maybe a gram of hash into my food, at work. I lost an hour. No idea where I was or what I did. When I straightened out, I threw him over a car.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #69
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Here's a billboard about marijuana,outside the Bronco's Stadium, that probably won't be shown during the televised game tonight: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...3709--nfl.html Several players and team management have received DUI's recently.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #70
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

How's this for ironic: Longtime Denver-area marijuana activist Jennifer Friede, was killed by a drunk driver: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...denverpost.com