Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #61
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
And one other thing...

If you want me to believe you'd face off against a psychotic man with a knife, while he has the advantage of taking you on one at a time because of the design of the bus, and all the guys behind you would do is slow you down as you're getting stabbed 15-20 times, then you're almost as crazy as he is.

It's nice that you'd have wanted to do something. I'd have wanted to do something too.. But, my e-penis isn't so big that I don't realize it would have taken chuck norris to have ended that situation without a gun.
Your right about the design of the bus. But after 911 are you really going to wait to see what he is going to do? If everyone does exactly what you say then there is a chance that he could try to kill everyone, one by one.

The best thing would be to get everyone away from him as fast as possible. The people willing and able to try to do something need to be between him and the people that can't defend themselves.

Its a fucked up case. Anyone that would straight up kill someone (without it being self defense) is mental. So we might as well drop the whole murder charges.

This is bullshit that he is getting off.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #62
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Everyone who said they don't know how they would react is right. You don't know till it happens. It also depends on where you were sitting in that bus. If you were in the seat behind you would react one way and you might act completely different sitting in the front row by the door.

Me I don't like see people get hurt for no reason. I was driving down town one night and three guys walked out into the street in front of cars and two guys were beating on one guy. I was with my wife (then girl friend). I stopped the car and got out to help him. I to get between them while telling him to go. As I went to do it he stumbled away to a good spot. At this point he could have just left and would have been fine unless they chased him down. The dumb fuck turns back to fight the two guys. All three of them are loaded.

I said fuck that. I'm not getting my ass kicked for some dumb fuck that won't even help himself. Fuck for all I know his dumb ass could have attacked me when I was helping him. So I just got back in my car and drove off. There are always police on that street and I found one a block down. I stopped him and told him three drunks were fighting in the street and he went to take care of it.

One night I heard some noise outside. I looked out the window and some guys from across the street were arguing outside. The guy across the street had a bunch of people over. I went and laid back down. Then I heard a bottle smash. I looked out again to make sure people were not messing around with my truck.

When I looked out I noticed a guy mace another guy and then at least 4 people attacked him. He jumped in his car and was dragged back out. They started kicking him on the ground. I told Lisa to call 911 and tell them that a guy was being attacked by 4 or more guys. Then I ran to get dressed (being naked cost me a lot of time when shit like this goes down) I ran outside.

The guy got away at that point and was hiding somewhere. I stayed outside till the cops got there. I was told that the guy could be hiding in my back yard so I went out back to check. I didn't want the guy to get jumped but I don't know who he is so I don't want him hiding behind my place. But he wasn't there.

So my crazy ass went out to help out this guy that I didn't know. He got away just before I got out. But by me being out there they stopped looking for him.

My neighbor looked out and said he wasn't getting involved and went back to bed. His wife looked out to watch and said James is out there. He said no he isn't he wouldn't be out there. Wrong. My stupid ass was out there real quick. I just didn't like the fact that anyone of these guys could have beat this guy alone but they all jumped him.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #63
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Everyone who said they don't know how they would react is right. You don't know till it happens. It also depends on where you were sitting in that bus. If you were in the seat behind you would react one way and you might act completely different sitting in the front row by the door.

Me I don't like see people get hurt for no reason.
I'm with you on this one. There's no way I could just sit there and not do something. Whether it would have helped or not...who knows?

Right after I got out of the Navy, I landed a crappy job as a night clerk at a motel in Eureka. One saturday night, I'm sitting in the back room of the office, smoking a joint with the owner's kid, when we hear some yelling coming from the parking lot. I figured it was just some drunk kids screwing around, but then the yelling turned to screaming, so I looked out the back window to see what was going on.

At first I didn't see anything. Then, up from between two parked cars, I saw a hand come up into the air. In the hand, was the biggest goddamn folding knife I've ever seen. The blade was about eight inches long, and there was blood pouring off of it. Then it went back down again. Fuck me, this can't be good.

I told the owner's kid to call the cops, and I grabbed the first thing that was handy, one of those POS folding metal mops that have the little squeegee action thing on the bottom. I ran to where the hand with knife was spotted, and came upon a HUGE baldheaded lumberjack looking motherfucker, stabbing the living shit out of my barber, who had a shop just down the street. Shit pissed me off. Not only was the dude stabbing my barber, but he totally fucked up a good buzz, so I commenced to whacking the shit out of him, with my limp-dick mop handle.

He hardly even noticed, (which pissed me off to no end) until I poked him in the eye with it. Then he finally stepped over the barber and came at me instead, which was kind of the idea I had in mind, but I hadn't really developed a plan as to what I was going to do after that. So, I jumped back about 20 feet in one fell swoop, my pot buzz having been replaced by more adrenaline than I thought was possible. Fucker wouldn't chase me though. He went back to stabbing the barber, and I went back to smacking him in the head with the mop handle untill he stood up again. This happened two more times. I ran, he went back to stabbing, the barber is bleeding out in the goddamn parking lot, and the fucking cops are nowhere to be seen, despite the fact that the cop shop is on the same block as the motel.

Out of nowhere, this dude come ripping into the parking lot, jumps out of his car and yells "FREEZE" while pointing his finger at the bald dude. Not pointing a gun mind you, just his finger. I look at the guy. The bald dude looks at the guy. The bald dude looks back at me like WTF? I don't have an answer, so I hit the bald dude with the mop again, even though I was tempted to hit finger boy instead.

Finally the cops show up, (with actual guns) and the bald dude surrenders on the spot.

Epilogue: There's blood everywhere, which I have to clean up. This sucks, because now I don't have a mop that works properly. I say "fuck this shit" and head directly to the bar at the bowling alley and drink 20 shots of Jack. The barber lived, after having been stabbed 41 times. I testify against giant lumberjack bald dude in court, and he hangs himself (dead) a few days later. When the barber recovers, he offers me free haircuts for life. These come in handy, because I have to look good for finding a new job, after the shithead motel owner fires me for drinking on the job the night the barber got stabbed.

JC
Old 03-07-2009, 01:50 AM   #64
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
We don't know this for sure. And honestly, I doubt anyone actually took the time to decide "Hmm, he looks dead already, so I don't need to help"..........Instead, sheer shock took over and they ran. Which is both pathetic, and understandable, given today's cushy society.

IMO he could possibly have been saved if 2-3 people on that bus had been big enough, experienced enough, and constantly aware of their surroundings......... But unfortunately those types of people are a needle in a haystack. For most people it would have taken 5-6 seconds of seeing what was happening before it even registered that someone was getting killed, and by that time the dude had already been stabbed 9-10 times.
Actually we do. The attacker reportedly drew the knife and immediately stabbed the victim in the head, chest, and neck while pinning him in place. In less than a minute he had been stabbed maybe a dozen times. He likely wouldn't have lived if the attack had taken place in an emergency room.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:04 AM   #65
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Okay you win...but people step up almost every day and face these kind of situations. I have in the past,I hope that I have the strength and the courage to do it again if necessary. In fact,some people put themselves at risk 24/7 just for us and you say that people don't have the courage to do something. Whatever. You're wrong-period. There are people out there who are willing to put themselves at risk to save you.
There are people willing do to that. Some live, some don't. My first few shifts orientating in the ER, we got a stabbing on New Years Eve. This older African Canadian man stopped to intervene one behalf of this drunk white chickie and her drugged up boyfriend. All he saw was some guy beating up on his girlfriend. Not only does druggie insult the good guy, he stabs him 5 times.

This man was lucky, he's one of very few that survives a direct blow to the heart and has an open thoracotomy in the ER. The surgeon opened him up like a gutted fish and stuck his finger in his heart to basically block the whole from allowing blood to leak any further. First time I ever saw someone cut open and their lungs and heart displayed for the world to see. I'll never forget the smell.

Anyway, he lived. Got out 2 weeks later. I dunno if he'll ever stop again to help someone like he did.

I'd run out to help a child. I'll try to save someone in an accident. But I'm not going to risk my life all the time simply b/c I can. I learned that in life guarding. I learned that every time in CPR. I learned that every day I go to work. I learn that when I come home to my family. If you're not equiped to take some maniac on properly, you are adding to the problem. You're no hero. Your dead.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #66
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
This older African Canadian man stopped to intervene one behalf of this drunk white chickie and her drugged up boyfriend.
Hahahaha. Never heard that one before. You guys have a Jesse Jackson too?

As for the dude acting heroic. I've determined that women love to be beat and abused. So why ruin her fun? I'm sure after he knifed that "African-Canadian" she went home to give him crazy sex for standing up for her.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #67
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

As for the dude acting heroic. I've determined that women love to be beat and abused. So why ruin her fun? I'm sure after he knifed that "African-Canadian" she went home to give him crazy sex for standing up for her.
I dont know which part of your reply is more idiotic....
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #68
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
There are people willing do to that. Some live, some don't. My first few shifts orientating in the ER, we got a stabbing on New Years Eve. This older African Canadian man stopped to intervene one behalf of this drunk white chickie and her drugged up boyfriend. All he saw was some guy beating up on his girlfriend. Not only does druggie insult the good guy, he stabs him 5 times.

This man was lucky, he's one of very few that survives a direct blow to the heart and has an open thoracotomy in the ER. The surgeon opened him up like a gutted fish and stuck his finger in his heart to basically block the whole from allowing blood to leak any further. First time I ever saw someone cut open and their lungs and heart displayed for the world to see. I'll never forget the smell.

Anyway, he lived. Got out 2 weeks later. I dunno if he'll ever stop again to help someone like he did.

I'd run out to help a child. I'll try to save someone in an accident. But I'm not going to risk my life all the time simply b/c I can. I learned that in life guarding. I learned that every time in CPR. I learned that every day I go to work. I learn that when I come home to my family. If you're not equiped to take some maniac on properly, you are adding to the problem. You're no hero. Your dead.
So you are a lifeguard that would pick and choose who you save? Look,I understand what you are saying. The AC (I'm with Smittie that is funny to me as an AA) would have been better off if he had let that guy kill his GF,okay. I wonder if you'd feel that way if you were being raped or mugged? If you would think that all the people that walked by and did nothing were being "smart" by minding their own business.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #69
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

The funniest thing about her use of "African Canadian" is an almost innate bigotry involved as it was unnecessary for anyone to know the race of the "hero". Why couldn't he just be a "guy"?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #70
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
I dont know which part of your reply is more idiotic....
I have yet to be proved wrong. Yesterday I got a phone call at 4am from a girl who's boyfriend hit her. She told me it was okay. I also work with cops a good bit and they share the same beliefs.

And why not just say it was a "Black" guy. Why the extra typing? Is he from Africa and now a Canadian citizen? If I moved to Canada would you refer to me in the story as an American-Canadian? What if I was born in Canada? Would I still be an "American-Canadian". Hyphen names are the dumbest crap I have ever heard. And I have only known two true African-Americans. Both were white.