Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #61
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Yea. Fuck consoles with a big veiny dildo.

I have nothing against consoles. I own a PS3 and a 360. But one of my video cards alone (HD 6990 w/ 4GB VRAM) has more RAM and processing power than the 360 and PS3 combined. And I have two of them running in crossfire, with 16GB of system RAM on top of that.

Both the PS3 and 360 have 512mb of ram TOTAL. So no, I dont say 'Fuck consoles', but I do believe its way past time for a new generation of consoles to hit the market, because the current gen is holding back gaming as a whole.

Unfortunately, aside from the WiiU (which is about as powerful as a high end PC from 07-08), it doesnt look like we'll see the PS4 or NextBox before mid to late 2013.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #62
AquaPython
put it THIS way

yea i am overall enjoying it a lot, those were just somethings that i ran into. I still once in a while get a little lag or framerate issue, but its probably because of this weak ass UVerse.
I still dont know how to deploy parachutes, or use extras within vehicles...
I would love to play it on PC, but dont have the $ for a new rig now.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #63
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

For anyone curious how it'll run on there PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #64
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I have nothing against consoles. I own a PS3 and a 360. But one of my video cards alone (HD 6990 w/ 4GB VRAM) has more RAM and processing power than the 360 and PS3 combined. And I have two of them running in crossfire, with 16GB of system RAM on top of that.

Both the PS3 and 360 have 512mb of ram TOTAL. So no, I dont say 'Fuck consoles', but I do believe its way past time for a new generation of consoles to hit the market, because the current gen is holding back gaming as a whole.

Unfortunately, aside from the WiiU (which is about as powerful as a high end PC from 07-08), it doesnt look like we'll see the PS4 or NextBox before mid to late 2013.
PC's play them better than console's...Graphics wise for sure...and your 100% right there is more ability to upgrade a PC than there EVER will be for a Console.

I dont know specifically what complaints your hearing from console land...Myself personally notice a few glitches in the game...When I fly a jet and click over to Third person it will skip frames when im trying to turn and evade and it gets annoying...And there have been a few map glitches i've seen.

and my BIGGEST Complaint is that Dice FUCKED up the squad system with the launch and I cant play with my friends right off the bat...I'm sure it will be fixed but it's frustrating to say the least.

With that being said...It's a GREAT Game...and being my first Battlefield game, I'm hooked.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #65
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
yea i am overall enjoying it a lot, those were just somethings that i ran into. I still once in a while get a little lag or framerate issue, but its probably because of this weak ass UVerse.
I still dont know how to deploy parachutes, or use extras within vehicles...
I would love to play it on PC, but dont have the $ for a new rig now.
If your playing on an Xbox, the left and right bumpers deploy the vehicle extra's I.E. Flares...ATGM....ETC ETC

and if your in the air falling from a basejump or ejecting from a vehicle...A deploys your chute.

Im sure its the similar buttons on a PS3 as well
Old 10-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #66
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
PC's play them better than console's...Graphics wise for sure...and your 100% right there is more ability to upgrade a PC than there EVER will be for a Console.

I dont know specifically what complaints your hearing from console land...Myself personally notice a few glitches in the game...When I fly a jet and click over to Third person it will skip frames when im trying to turn and evade and it gets annoying...And there have been a few map glitches i've seen.

d.
I heard there were a lot of server problems.

And the console is max 24 or 32 players per server? I think BF3 is much better played with 64 players. Makes the maps feel alive, considering they are so big (and they are bigger on PC).

Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #67
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

I do not like cod at all but even if i did i would still say bf3
Digifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #68
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I heard there were a lot of server problems.

And the console is max 24 or 32 players per server? I think BF3 is much better played with 64 players. Makes the maps feel alive, considering they are so big (and they are bigger on PC).

I've heard about server issues on PC Xbox and PS3...And yes there are LOTS of issues with them on my xbox...It'll get sorted out though...Always does.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #69
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I've heard about server issues on PC Xbox and PS3...And yes there are LOTS of issues with them on my xbox...It'll get sorted out though...Always does.
I can honestlyu say, I have had next to no server issues. A little lag here and there. Down for an hour 2 or 3 times. But thats to be expected.

Either way, it is one of the best games I have ever played.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #70
AquaPython
put it THIS way

this game kicks much ass!

my issues are only :
1) splash damage is weak sauce
2) the Immobile AA, starts with no missiles... ok... but the guns are basically useless unless they fly over you (really close). basically making it impossible to get xp.. sorta like
#3) the jets make you start with nothing but guns, but you can basically only use it for air to air...