Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
You are only saying that so she doesnt chase you down with powertools
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
She totally would too.

A girl like that can chase me down any day.
(...maybe not with powertools, unless they're wrapped up as a birthday present )
Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #63
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

The Hawk will make an excellent trainer. Perfect thing to start her on before she trades up to a 696 Monster or SV650. Could be that she falls in love with it and wants to pimp it out instead. RC bodywork, rear wheel, and a F3 front end, trick paint and some carbon fiber...Hawks are immortal!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #64
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
The Hawk will make an excellent trainer. Perfect thing to start her on before she trades up to a 696 Monster or SV650. Could be that she falls in love with it and wants to pimp it out instead. RC bodywork, rear wheel, and a F3 front end, trick paint and some carbon fiber...Hawks are immortal!
She's head over heels in love with the non bananna seat f4I. Couldn't see a monster, she's not real big on ducatis actually we were flipping through fast bikes used naked bikes comparo last night at dinner. She hated the monster s4rs but loved the tuono
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #65
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
She's head over heels in love with the non bananna seat f4I. Couldn't see a monster, she's not real big on ducatis actually we were flipping through fast bikes used naked bikes comparo last night at dinner. She hated the monster s4rs but loved the tuono
She'll like that F4i till she rides it after the hawk. Then she will pine for a twin again. My wife is all about the styling and bodywork. Naked engines and frames are ugly she says. Incluing my 1125 (which is admittedly homely).

In my quite moments tho I pine away for a Duc Sport Classic in gold and black...

Arkriders.com
Old 03-31-2011, 11:40 AM   #66
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
She'll like that F4i till she rides it after the hawk. Then she will pine for a twin again. My wife is all about the styling and bodywork. Naked engines and frames are ugly she says. Incluing my 1125 (which is admittedly homely).

In my quite moments tho I pine away for a Duc Sport Classic in gold and black...
I've noticed she's slowly becoming more interested in naked bikes over time. Probably in direct relation to me teaching her about the different components and what they do.

I'm looking forward to spending some time with a liquid cooled vtwin. My experience so far is limited to about five minutes on a superhawk (sports oriented twins anyway) and I've been considering a switch in that direction for a bit now
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:46 AM   #67
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
I've noticed she's slowly becoming more interested in naked bikes over time. Probably in direct relation to me teaching her about the different components and what they do.

I'm looking forward to spending some time with a liquid cooled vtwin. My experience so far is limited to about five minutes on a superhawk (sports oriented twins anyway) and I've been considering a switch in that direction for a bit now
My heart still runs cold when I hear a liter 4 screaming for redline. But that isnt where my bike spends its time. Twins are so much easier to live with. If I ran track only and lived for the 110% I would still have a supersport inline. But my highway miles work better and feel better on a twin.

It is a new design with my 1125 but it has a character alot like a Duc 900/1000 SS. Tractor like and lazy at most throttle settings. It does have a 2000 rpm top end that the SS doesnt have tho. A real last minute rush. But everywhere else it just pulls nice and tractable, like my Hawk and my SV before only stronger.

Arkriders.com
Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #68
torilynne
Burrito Goddess

Moto: 88 Hawk 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Dave, have I told you lately how awesome your girl is?
Why thank you Adeptus least someone appreciates me

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Except for the fact that the tank was in perfect condition and thats what she did to it!
Derf Shut it lol

As for chasing guys down with power tools I would never do such a thing....now whips is a whole other store lol

Quote:

I didn't used to like them cuz I thought they were ugly too, but like Dave said I've slowly been coming around to them over the last year or so now that I've learned more about bikes it's not all about the way it looks.

I will not spill the drinks-not even a drop, I will not drop the pizza, I will give them the money at the bridge--I am proud to be....a professional bitch rider. (RETIRED)
torilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #69
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by torilynne View Post
I didn't used to like them cuz I thought they were ugly too, but like Dave said I've slowly been coming around to them over the last year or so now that I've learned more about bikes it's not all about the way it looks.
I think a lot of us go through that initial "oooo shiny" phase... I know I did when I first got into bikes. And then my dad and I bought a Buell Blast as my first bike and broke me of that real quick. I still prefer fairing... mainly because wind buffeting at speed sucks. My neck hurts just thinking about it...

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #70
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Gettin ur chick to work on ur bike...hahahahaha

Ron Paul - 2012