Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #61
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
3. Your test levels may be lower than normal. Also, when you ejaculate, your body test levels drop. So if your fucking that wife (who may be cheating on you, just sayin) 2 times a day, don't expect to be all pumped and cut up. You'll end up getting a tad fatter unless you supplement your test or limit sex to every 3 days. Contrary to popular belief, sex has it's downfalls with test and cortozone levels.

This I don't buy.

I dont think test levels don't drop drastically enough for this to have an effect. Plus it's not DURING the workout you need test, it's after for the recovery.

Plus I've worked out MANY times after climax, and those have been some of the best workouts ever. The euphoria and chemicals and hormones the brain release afterward have more of a positive effect, I believe, than slightly lower test.

As a natural testosterone levels vary only so much anyway, but if you're absolutely anal about timing it all right, then I suppose if you believe it works than do it. Of course it's easy to say otherwise when "supplementing"
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #62
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
This I don't buy.

I dont think test levels don't drop drastically enough for this to have an effect. Plus it's not DURING the workout you need test, it's after for the recovery.
You need it during both - testosterone being directly linked to energy levels in males.

No testosterone during a workout equates to sub-optimal performance which results in not providing as much stimuli to need to recover from.

It's a cascading effect. Any athlete that applies Dual Factor Theory would be significantly impacted, Single Factor (less efficient, but the most common method used in volume training bodybuilders, but no other athletes) not as much.

Quote:
Plus I've worked out MANY times after climax, and those have been some of the best workouts ever. The euphoria and chemicals and hormones the brain release afterward have more of a positive effect, I believe, than slightly lower test.
Adrenal fatigue, cortisol, and temporarily lower testosterone is not going to be counterbalanced by endorphins. Sorry.

Take a bunch of naturals, have them do ME work for a week with no masturbation.

Have them repeat that same ME work next week immediately after masturbating, and even with the short-term neural gains performance will be hindered.

ME = Maximal Effort, any work exceeding 90% of the 1RM, usually in accordance with Prilipin's Table.

With non-ME work it doesn't matter because a person can walk away thinking they had a good workout just because they got a nice pump, a pump not being an indicator of improvement in performance.

Quote:
As a natural testosterone levels vary only so much anyway, but if you're absolutely anal about timing it all right, then I suppose if you believe it works than do it. Of course it's easy to say otherwise when "supplementing"
Zinc deficiency by itself can drop a natural's testosterone production level by 10%. Omega 3 deficiency by another 10%.

When you're on you won't notice shit because it's a drop in the bucket given that you've introduced an external factor capable of giving you the testosterone levels of mutliple men.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-16-2009 at 09:56 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #63
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Lettuce as protein? I guess if you want to fill your stomach and feel full, and have to spend 15 minutes eating a whole head of lettuce just to get a puny 15-20 grams of protein, then yeah......But even if it is true that it contains alot of protein (doubt it), not all protein is the same. Some is more easily used for muscle than others. Chicken, turkey, and whey are some of the best, but every protein has different absorption rates, amino acid profile, etc. and should be used according to the time of day and whether it is post workout or not.

BTW eating fish is good, but not simply because you want to avoid some chemical that may or may not be in chicken (I doubt it's a big deal). Fish has its own problems. Most of it is not raised in a controlled environment and therefore has a lot of toxins. Many people have gotten mercury poisoning because they ate fish every day or did not alternate between varieties of fish.

Quote:

Zinc by itself can drop a natural's testosterone production level by 10%. Omega 3 by another 10%.
Don't you mean increase?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #64
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Don't you mean increase?
Edited it while you were making your post to state deficiency.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #65
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
You need it during both - testosterone being directly linked to energy levels in males.

No testosterone during a workout equates to sub-optimal performance which results in not providing as much stimuli to need to recover from.

It's a cascading effect. Any athlete that applies Dual Factor Theory would be significantly impacted, Single Factor (less efficient, but the most common method used in volume training bodybuilders, but no other athletes) not as much.

Adrenal fatigue, cortisol, and temporarily lower testosterone is not going to be counterbalanced by endorphins. Sorry.

Take a bunch of naturals, have them do ME work for a week with no masturbation.

Have them repeat that same ME work next week immediately after masturbating, and even with the short-term neural gains performance will be hindered.

ME = Maximal Effort, any work exceeding 90% of the 1RM, usually in accordance with Prilipin's Table.

With non-ME work it doesn't matter because a person can walk away thinking they had a good workout just because they got a nice pump, a pump not being an indicator of improvement in performance.

Zinc deficiency by itself can drop a natural's testosterone production level by 10%. Omega 3 deficiency by another 10%.

When you're on you won't notice shit because it's a drop in the bucket given that you've introduced an external factor capable of giving you the testosterone levels of mutliple men.

Well don't that just beat all...

Sex > Natural pro dreams

Haha, building muscle is important but it's not THAT important.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #66
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Everyone has given you good advice but you just have to try and see what combination works for you.

Most importantly, keep it healthy, whatever you do. If anything, you will be come healthier even if you don't drop as much weight as you would like.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #67
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

From weightloss to beating off.

Thanks TWF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #68
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Well don't that just beat all...

Sex > Natural pro dreams

Haha, building muscle is important but it's not THAT important.
Just don't fuck or jack off an hour before and a few hours afterwards and you'll be fine.LOL But....since ur on...it does not matter.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #69
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Just don't fuck or jack off an hour before and a few hours afterwards and you'll be fine.
Does that apply to females?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:53 AM   #70
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Like I was saying..

If you over do it, it stops being fun and starts being work.. Seems like the last 3 pages are proof.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote