Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #51
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I don't feel the need to complicate things with alcohol.
...and you shouldn't but if it ever happens it's good to have a plan and not be the deer seeing the headlights.

It is no doubt BEST not to combine the two.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #52
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
...and you shouldn't but if it ever happens it's good to have a plan and not be the deer seeing the headlights.

It is no doubt BEST not to combine the two.
I have a quick question here. As a non CCW holder here, I wonder if most people who carry semi auto's carry an extra mag or 2, or do they just carry the 1 mag in the gun? You can plead the fifth if you don't want to divulge that info. I was just curious.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #53
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I have a quick question here. As a non CCW holder here, I wonder if most people who carry semi auto's carry an extra mag or 2, or do they just carry the 1 mag in the gun? You can plead the fifth if you don't want to divulge that info. I was just curious.
Personally I carry one in the pistol and one extra. I also have 2 more that are extra high capacity when I feel the need which is not every day.

Here is my everyday carry "stuff" with the two extra's that I don't always carry.

JUST FOR THE RECORD...I'm no expert...I just do what works for me.

I'm also NOT a Glock cheerleader and try to stay out of those arguments. My Glock was bought for me and I like it and it's accurate for such a small firearm. Some don't care for Glocks and that's fine too.

z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #54
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Fuck, I cant wait till my handgun license gets approved...

We cant CCW here, but damnit I love handguns.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #55
Rider
Moto GP Star

Glock is very good. I have a buddy who is a DEA agent in Detroit and he swears by Glock. He's run 10,000 + rounds through his 23 and has never had a jam or a misfire.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #56
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Its the benefit of loose chamber tolerances. If you keep them clean, a glock shouldn't jam. They are the most reliable guns on the market, but their accuracy suffers a LITTLE compared to closer tolerance handguns, which are more expensive usually, and jam easier if dirty.. (but why would you have a dirty handgun anyway?)
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #57
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I carry a full size 1911 .45 that takes up enough space on its own without having to carry an extra mag!

Hopefully 8 rounds is enough to get me out of a sticky situation. Hopefully I never need any of those.
________

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 08:46 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #58
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

I carry an old Ruger P-85 in the console of my truck, 2 spare mags with it (I was a boyscout, what can I say )

I never divulge possesion of a firearm if I'm pulled over. In most cases it delays you as the cop will likely call for back up and if you sneeze you might get shot If they asked to search the vehicle for some unknown reason I would then tell them where the pistol is and produce my permit at that time. I have talked to cops in our area and they all said they preferre not to know if it's a simple traffic stop, and they get nervous if it's on the dash in easy reach. I've never been pulled over for more than speeding so there's never been an issue.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #59
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
In butt fuck Nova Scotia (where I live) alcohol is usually a good excuse to play with guns... 24 beer and rifles in a gravel pit, and youve got yourself a party.

Then when your done, take out the shotgun, throw the bottles in the air, blow to smithereens and repeat...

Doesnt happen much here anymore, but it used to be a regular tthing in these parts.
Fixed it for ya!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #60
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
I carry an old Ruger P-85 in the console of my truck, 2 spare mags with it (I was a boyscout, what can I say )

I never divulge possesion of a firearm if I'm pulled over. In most cases it delays you as the cop will likely call for back up and if you sneeze you might get shot If they asked to search the vehicle for some unknown reason I would then tell them where the pistol is and produce my permit at that time. I have talked to cops in our area and they all said they preferre not to know if it's a simple traffic stop, and they get nervous if it's on the dash in easy reach. I've never been pulled over for more than speeding so there's never been an issue.
do you carry the dc model or the safety model?
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote