Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #51
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Baaaaaa....

Sorry, love you guys, just couldnt resist!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #52
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Lon I have to say, you've been stirring up the pot ever since the GRSR days.

This what I have found. Strong opinions are met with great resistance if they do not fall in line with the opinion of many posters here. It's communism at it's best. No one here is allowed to have their own opinion and if you do, personal attacks towards you are soon in your future. Aside from an outspoken original TWF member or 2, this all started with the influx of CF folks. It's their way or or a big fuck you. It's funny how people talk about people being sheep, but as soon as you disagree with them, they are the first to send ridicule your way. It hypocritical at best, douchebaggery in the least.
Right, because it's ONLY the CF people who disagree and ridicule.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #53
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Right, because it's ONLY the CF people who ridicule.
Fixed

Nothing wrong with disagreeing.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #54
Archren
Sham WOW

Quote:
Fixed
Well, I've been ridiculed by many TWF'ers, whether I deserved it or not (and will be the first to tell you I probably deserved it more often than not). Hell, you guys dish it out as much as anyone.. y'all aren't pristine little forum goers that are always tactful and polite.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #55
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Not before big Bertha nurse debrides it with a wire brush.. and then you may still need skin grafts.
I dont appreciate the bertha comment, I may be big and a few pounds overweight but I can do without the bertha comment

Plus we use nylon brushes now, and if you dont piss me off too much I use an anesthetic first LOL

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #56
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Well, I've been ridiculed by many TWF'ers, whether I deserved it or not (and will be the first to tell you I probably deserved it more often than not). Hell, you guys dish it out as much as anyone.. y'all aren't pristine little forum goers that are always tactful and polite.
Now that is a statement I can support. We do fuck around with each other and we don't take this place so serious. This is our fun little home on the net, and some people want to bring in serious topics and issues that most of us don't give 2 flying fucks about. So we make snide comments and thread hijack. It's what we do. We're here to have fun, not to get an education on current events. If that's what I wanted I'd spend my day on CNN and form my own opinions because quite frankly I don't give a fuck what ANYONE else has to say. I have a brain, I form my own opinions. I don't need a forum full of keyboard jockeys trying to form my own opinion. I'd like to see this forum get back on track and talk more about motorcycles, riding motorcycle, and maintaining motorcycles. There are plenty of political forums out there. We don't need that stuff here. This subject for example of a good topic. We can harass and talk shit without anyone taking it personally. [/rant]
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #57
Archren
Sham WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I dont appreciate the bertha comment, I may be big and a few pounds overweight but I can do without the bertha comment

Plus we use nylon brushes now, and if you dont piss me off too much I use an anesthetic first LOL

Tom

Ok... point taken.... Bertha.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #58
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post

Tom
Well I must have pissed someone off!

Beatha....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #59
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Lon I have to say, you've been stirring up the pot ever since the GRSR days.

This what I have found. Strong opinions are met with great resistance if they do not fall in line with the opinion of many posters here. It's communism at it's best. No one here is allowed to have their own opinion and if you do, personal attacks towards you are soon in your future. Aside from an outspoken original TWF member or 2, this all started with the influx of CF folks. It's their way or or a big fuck you. It's funny how people talk about people being sheep, but as soon as you disagree with them, they are the first to send ridicule your way. It hypocritical at best, douchebaggery in the least.
Oh sure blame it on us I see how it is here

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #60
Archren
Sham WOW

Quote:
Now that is a statement I can support. We do fuck around with each other and we don't take this place so serious. This is our fun little home on the net, and some people want to bring in serious topics and issues that most of us don't give 2 flying fucks about. So we make snide comments and thread hijack. It's what we do. We're here to have fun, not to get an education on current events. If that's what I wanted I'd spend my day on CNN and form my own opinions because quite frankly I don't give a fuck what ANYONE else has to say. I have a brain, I form my own opinions. I don't need a forum full of keyboard jockeys trying to form my own opinion. I'd like to see this forum get back on track and talk more about motorcycles, riding motorcycle, and maintaining motorcycles. There are plenty of political forums out there. We don't need that stuff here. This subject for example of a good topic. We can harass and talk shit without anyone taking it personally. [/rant]
Yeah, I don't really care much for the political crap either.. you can totally blame Pauldun for that.

As for the more motorcycle-oriented topics.. well shit, everyone, IMO, is equally as guilty about posting more off-topic junk than anything pertinent to riding. It is what it is... sooner or later, you're going to run out of things to talk about that are motorcycle related. I enjoy just being involved in a community of generally like-minded individuals, whether we're talking about motorcycling or not.

But I see where you're coming from. I'm not big on someone trying to brow beat me into accepting their opinion, and I try not to do it to others, but if I'm antagonized enough, that whole rationality thing kinda goes out the window.

-Dr. Seuss