Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #51
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I am so lucky that my local shop kicks ass. They have never fucked anything up on my bike, and if they do they fix it, no questions asked. I've been a loyal customer since '05 because they've earned my loyalty. Sorry you have sucka a bad shop Tigger, I don't know how you stayed calm.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #52
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Glad to hear the issue is finally resolved Tig.

This thread scares me and makes me vow to learn more about my bike. I am useless when it comes to mechanical stuff and haven't really had the benefit of someone helping me out to learn this stuff. I'm thinking about enlisting a friend to even just watch him work on bikes. I wouldn't know if shit was wrong.
Thats screwed up service Tig.

As far as doing your own work Kell, I took a engine rebuilding course years ago and the first thing he told us was that everything goes on the way it came off. One thing that can help is to take pictures as you take things off so you can see how it goes on. Having a repair manual helps a lot.

If you do have someone that does work on their own bike it would be a great idea to give them a hand. Its a great way to learn (if they know what they are doing)O
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #53
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Not unheard of unfortunately, sorry they screwed ya over, but it is best this way, at least you wont be tempted to go back!

For those who think theres "gotta be more to the story", here's one for ya...

Paid a contractor to make some repairs on one of my commercial properties. They came out, did a job they swore was up to par. A week later a truck drives over it, and its supposed to be rated to withstand regular traffic. THEN I get a call from the local inspector. Not only did they do a shitty job, they didnt pull permits. When contacted they were certain they were up to par and would take care of everything. Several weeks later, after many calls because they hadnt resolved it, I got a letter in the mail telling me they were refunding my cost and I needed to look elsewhere to remove the shit job they had done and get it done to code.

No fault on my part other than using a shitty contractor that was highly recommended, so its not always a "more to it".

Karma is a bitch however, and the county and local govt will make sure they dont get any business, and after a quick call to the BBB...Im sure they regret not doing the job right in the first place!

Tig I would highly recommend calling them in to corporate and the BBB, if only for the satisfaction of knowing you did it.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #54
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
....Here's the really fun part. Bill explains to me that it has been decided that Ron Ayers will no longer do business with me in any capacity. Period. So basically, because they fucked up and potentially risked my life with inept service, they will no longer have me as a customer. Now that is the very definition of adding insult to injury...
Dude next time just go in there with a hat on and when they say First Name..u say "Tig" and then when they say Last Name...u say "Ger". Then after your bike is fixed you can go back to the owner and say HA Mutherfucker ur still fixin my shit.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote