Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #51
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It wasn't a baseball field,
I was just trying to keep the thread on topic.

But since nobody gives a shiny rats ass if some "unauthorized" kids play baseball at "Happy Fucking Acres" or wherever it is that Ed lives...

Quote:
it was some woods that some land baron lawyer in knoxville owned that was adjacent to their property. They didn't like me riding my 50 with it's loud ass pipe riding around on it. I didn't do it during their services, mostly saturdays, so they put up a wire about 4 foot off the ground that had a clear rubber coating on it that was very hard to see at 10 feet. When I came barreling through on my 50, I got clotheslined to the ground. Luckily, I was wearing my helmet that day and just ended up with a few stitches from the rash and a minor concussion. Needless to say after that, the times I chose to ride my fiddy were more scheduled and the noise I made was far greater than needed. I thought about pursuing it legally but figure fighting a church or lawyer would be hard with no proof of who put up the wire. a few weeks later a big concrete blocking device with a huge no trespassing sign went up.
Screw the lawyer, I'd try to find out who put that wire up, and beat the HOLY fuck out of him. Shit like that calls for some sort of destructive and childish revenge.

JC
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #52
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Did they have pictures of dead guys stuck on crosses?

That always creeps me out.

JC
This just totally cracks me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i would disagree, they can't come in our pool, what makes the fields any diff.

the one across the street sold to a co-worker...........

cool cat

only 1 left down the street, 4700sq ft 4/3/2, +media + gameroom + study.......dropped to $175k, thats a freakin STEAL! was like $270k 3 yrs ago. people trying to dump it now.
I think I need to move to Texas...

Quote:
lolzers, I typed in the name of the church and cult and found a blog defending the church, apparently it's one of those women better know your role type cults and decide who their kids will marry from what I have gathered from other comments.
Ok, that was just weird!!

Racer X, depending on the laws in your area, and what governs private and public property, unless you have the owner call or you ARE the owner, typically LE cant do anything. It requires owner action and some type of announcement or sign stating no trespassing before LE can do anything.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #53
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
This just totally cracks me up!
Oh sure, laugh it up.

It's all fun and games until the stigmatas start.

JC
Old 02-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #54
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Oh sure, laugh it up.

It's all fun and games until the stigmatas start.

JC

And with my luck, being a non believer, I'd be the first one afflicted!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #55
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I was the vice president of my HOA for a year. I got out of it because it was ridiculous. I had no idea adults could act in such a childish manner.

Ed, as an HOA guy *and* someone who designs subdivisions, let me offer this.

Any lots or common areas not purchased by a builder or homeowner, until such time that the occupancy requirement in the bylaws of the HOA are met, belongs to the developer. Period. He still owns that land and pays taxes on it.

Once the occupancy requirement is met, typically 75%, then the common areas and the HOA transfer to the property owners.

We had a similar problem with kids coming into the neighborhood to play on a playground we built. We didn't have a problem with it until they started leaving trash and vandalizing the equipment. Common courtesy woulda went a long way.

We called the police. I knew that wouldn't help, but the other members insisted. Their reply was that the park was public property because the community wasn't gated, and we couldn't keep the troublemakers off of the property unless we witnessed the vandalism. At that point, we could call the police, file charges, etc.

One kid had scratched her name into the equipment. Just so turns out she had a rather unique name, and someone on the board knew her parents. She was called out on it, had to come repair the equipment (her parents did actually), and she was told that she was not allowed at the park again.

Basically, unless you witness them causing damage and can call the police in a timely fashion, or put a gate up, it's one of many headaches you will deal with in being a part of a Homeowner's Association.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #56
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

thanks trace!

and we had our first HOA meeting last week, i can understand where your coming from w/ the childish behavior attitude.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.

Last edited by RACER X; 02-04-2009 at 05:16 PM..
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #57
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

tracey, if there was a "XXX owners use only" signs, wouldn't people who don't live in the neighborhood be trespassing?

or does it have to be gated?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #58
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
tracey, if there was a "XXX owners use only" signs, wouldn't people who don't live in the neighborhood be trespassing?

or does it have to be gated?
Yes, they would be trespassing, but you know what the charge is for trespassing? It's a misdemeanor with a small fine, at least here.

If it's gated, then it's a private community, and you have many more rights as far as what is and is not allowed, but that brings problems of it's own. The biggest one being road maintenance. The minute you put up a gate, the city can legally absolve itself of any responsibility to maintain your roads.

Not sure how many lane feet of roads you have, but in 20 years, repairs on that can add up in a hurry.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #59
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Oh I am SO glad to be rid of HOA's and all the quasi ownership, inflated sense of self it seems to give people!!! I've never in my life seen people whine and bitch and complain so much. "Oh someone left a dirty diaper in the trash can at the pool!" "Hey you going to pick up after your doggie?" NOT WHEN SHE HASN'T EVEN TAKEN A SHIT YET LADY!!! Good grief it's sickening. Never again!!! NOPE.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #60
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Fuck spanking. I've now turned a corner. I think all children should have shock collars on them so you can zap them if they are in inappropriate places...

Who's with me??

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote