Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #51
vickibocc
Meh

Moto: the backseat of an '06 600rr

I'll tell Jarvis' for him and hopefully I don't get in trouble...

We had just moved into our current place, stoked to finally have a garage. The garage was filled with mostly empty boxes (some not) from unpacking. Phil went to move the bike outside for whatever reason, I don't remember. He kept the kickstand down and just walked it (standing on the side without the kickstand). However, as he was pushing through piles of boxes, one of them must have hooked the kickstand and put it up, which neither of us realized obviously. So once he had the bike where he wanted it, he set it down and it just fell over, bumping into my Blazer on the way down. His anger and andrenaline gave him the ability to pick it up quite easily.

I was standing in the doorway from the garage to the house the entire time. At this point, he turned around and began screaming at me that it was somehow my fault that I didn't warn him that the kickstand wasn't down. Like I would hide that information from him.
vickibocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #52
04cbr1000rr
sofla refugee

I went swiming on a sunday ride

The bike was only inches away from joining me

Kinda looked like this

Last edited by 04cbr1000rr; 12-11-2008 at 08:05 PM..
04cbr1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #53
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I had my girl on the back and we stopped at red Lobster for a bite. She got off the bike, I put the stand down and got off. I didn't realize until I got off that the stand was only half way down. So the bike started to fall over and I caught right at the point where it was too much to finish picking it up myself. It caught me off-guard and I wasn't positioned right to pick it up. So I'm sitting there with the bike leaning on me and my girl's just looking at me. So I throw out an innocent "help".

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #54
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

oh I forgot one...

I was loading my bike in the back of my truck... and decided to ride up the ramp out of my garage... well the ramp slid back and fell on the ground... but I kept the bike up... so I tried again... only this time I backed my truck closer to the garage and used the lip of the garage floor to stop the ramp from sliding back...

only I didn't figure that going up the ramp sitting on the bike I'd be too tall... so as I'm riding I figure this out... go to lean over and put my foot through one of the holes in the ramp (ladder style atv ramp) and so here's me... leg through the ramp... bike on top of me... hang'n off the side of the ramp... had to slide the bike over (scratch'n the fairings) so I could squeeze my leg out... then stand the bike back up... and try again...

I'm retarded
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #55
was92v
Nowhere Man

There are so many I wouldn't know where to start...but my post over in the "How many times have you crashed" thread is one of them for sure.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #56
was92v
Nowhere Man

There was one time that feeling lucky may be stronger than embarrassed. One evening when I was young and very dumb, I was riding through town after consuming a few to many beers (drunk as a fish is what I was) and made a right turn in front of the police station. It must have been shift change or something, but there were about 15 or 20 cops standing in front of the building and next to the street. I wheeled around the corner and crashed the fuck out of myself, right there in front of all those Cops. I got up and looked over at them expecting to get hauled in. Most, if not all of them were laughing their asses off, like doubled over laughing. I just shrugged, like WTF, and any that weren't laughing before, were then.
I picked the bike up, kicked it over, and rode away shaking my head.
I decided that embarrassment still beat the shit out of a night in the poke.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #57
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I had my girl on the back and we stopped at red Lobster for a bite. She got off the bike, I put the stand down and got off. I didn't realize until I got off that the stand was only half way down. So the bike started to fall over and I caught right at the point where it was too much to finish picking it up myself. It caught me off-guard and I wasn't positioned right to pick it up. So I'm sitting there with the bike leaning on me and my girl's just looking at me. So I throw out an innocent "help".

that reminded me of the movie the fly- "help me" lol
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #58
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
hahahafuckyouahhahaha
lol

the one that first comes to mind is when i first got my kawi, riding around, its running funny-like shit lol

i pull over, take off my helmet, bike still running, im looking under it, around it, somethings smoking-i try and get a closer look and burn my forehead on the left engine case, and when i jerked my head back i damn near pushed the bike over.

the covers are finned, so i had "grill" marks on my forehead for awhile lol

turns out it was just bad gas, and the smoke was from the clutch cable touchin the exhaust. why i didnt see that to begin with,
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #59
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

I stopped by a clients house to pick up the final check for a remodeling job I did.

Propped my '74 750 GT Ducati up on it's centerstand in his driveway, got the check, said good bye and fired up the bike. Revved it up a bit and dropped it down off the centerstand.

I then proceeded directly into his garage door, punching out two of the wooden panels, and knocking the guide track completely out of the wall on one side.

It was in gear...

JC
Old 12-12-2008, 12:25 AM   #60
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Both of my drops can be counted in this category.

1. I was rolling up to an intersection, went to put my foot down and it just slid out from under me. Then since I was retarded and had people waiting behind me, I wasnt thinking and just tried to pick it up with one leg on either side, which Im no where near strong enough to do, so by the time I went to the side some other guy had pulled over ad helped me out. Luckily no damage at all, I was able to slow it on the way down.

2. Went riding with a female friend of mine for about an hour or so after she got out of work, and as we were turning into her gravel driveway (me leading), I still had my fingers on the front brake and managed to wash the front end out. I basically walked off the side and never hit the ground but the bike was too far gone and hit the ground. Put some nice scratches on the side and a few dents in the can.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote