Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #51
BICH
kiss my bich behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Nice. What's the appeal though? I hear they are very accurate but aside from that, what is the advantage?
Just that you have one shot and its hard to shoot!!! it go's off like a musket!!I use it for trap!, its pretty fun.

Leon -Red--------------------------Harold -Blue

www.indulgencecaterers.com

Last edited by BICH; 12-16-2008 at 10:57 AM..
BICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #52
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I could only shoot a coyote if one were attacking my wife or dogs. Which I am almost certain would never happen.

Coyotes are all over down here. You hear them yipping and howling every night, and sometimes you can tell they are very close. I'll see their eyes shimmering in the moonlight around the edges of my fence every now and then. I find turkey carasses in the woods they've left behind, but I don't mind, they were here before I was. I can go to the grocery store and buy my own turkey if I have to, they can't. A lot of hunters down here think it's a sport to shoot coyotes and stray dogs.
If I see a coyote and I have a gun, it dies. We've lost too many calves over the years from them for me to let them live.

as for the shotgun, I shoot a Beretta Extremea. Love it. but no where close to $500 new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #53
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Why the limit for deer, then?

The limit is to impede poaching, and stupid hunting I suppose. Even deer, I've heard people fire off 4-5 shots in as many seconds because they either miss the first or think they did. It also gets dangerous, they longer they shoot, the more wild shots will be flying everywhere. That's my thinking anyway. And deer travel together too, bucks not so much after the rut starts but does do. Anyway, that's the laws.

And as far as the coyotes... you better be concerned. They have carried off and killed children on numerous occasions. They frequently kill pets and livestock too so if they're numerous in your area you might want to discourage them.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #54
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
My thoughts are this: if it isn't posing a direct threat to you, your family, or your pets, don't shoot it. Try scaring it off, clean up your property so it isn't encouraged to return (no garbage, clean your outdoor grills, take care of any rodent populations, etc), but don't punish the animal for a problem you created for it. They were there hunting mice and hares way before you, your house, and your Jack Russell showed up.
I don't have garbage on my property and we live in a populated neighborhood. I undertand they were here before we moved in but we're here now, and there's no reason for them to be up near my fence, other than looking for food. I'm not taking the chance. I see one, it dies.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #55
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
What kind of dogs do you have?
Small ones.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #56
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Get a big one.

Another dog to love and no murdering required!
Big dogs are too annoying.

Give it up, hillbilly.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #57
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

hahahahahahaha Hillbilly

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #58
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Why the limit on deer? I have no idea, I don't hunt deer with a shotgun. I dont make the laws, I just follow them.

These are my rules for hunting:

Use rifle for elk, moose, deer, coyote, squirrel....and people.

Use shotgun on upland birds, waterfowl, turkey, and people.

Use pistols for target practice and people. Although I have heard people on occasion take a deer with a .44 magnum.

I don't bow hunt either.
Quote:
You eat coyote..?
Quote:
No. They are a nuisance predator. It's probably the only animal I will kill just to kill. Bear and cougar would be for self defense only. Everything else is "eat what you kill"

So...you will eat a person if you kill it? Sorry, Ed, just couldn't resist it.

Quote:
I could only shoot a coyote if one were attacking my wife or dogs. Which I am almost certain would never happen.

Coyotes are all over down here. You hear them yipping and howling every night, and sometimes you can tell they are very close. I'll see their eyes shimmering in the moonlight around the edges of my fence every now and then. I find turkey carasses in the woods they've left behind, but I don't mind, they were here before I was. I can go to the grocery store and buy my own turkey if I have to, they can't. A lot of hunters down here think it's a sport to shoot coyotes and stray dogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Think again. The coyotes here will run up and attack your dogs, cats, etc. They seem to go through periods of hunger or something, because we'll start hearing about attacks in waves. If I even see one on my property below my house I'm going to shoot it. I don't want to take a chance with our dogs.
In some areas, coyotes are overpopulated and have no natural predators. The farm I hunt on, I've been asked to kill them if I see them, as they have taken livestock. I don't think of it as a sport to kill them. I have not done so yet because they've been too far away when I've seen them. However, the pelts can be sold, so there is at least some general use to them. Maybe they aren't overpopulated or a nuisance in your area, which is fine. But they are really bad in others.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #59
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Big dogs are too annoying.
No..little ankle biters are...and they're for chicks
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #60
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
So...you will eat a person if you kill it? Sorry, Ed, just couldn't resist it.

In some areas, coyotes are overpopulated and have no natural predators. The farm I hunt on, I've been asked to kill them if I see them, as they have taken livestock. I don't think of it as a sport to kill them. I have not done so yet because they've been too far away when I've seen them. However, the pelts can be sold, so there is at least some general use to them. Maybe they aren't overpopulated or a nuisance in your area, which is fine. But they are really bad in others.

Coyotes are a nuisance here and I have been asked by the land owner to shoot them if I encounter them.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote