Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #51
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
WTF is 'synthetic dope' and why do you want to nerf the world?

Did you know that marijuana has been shown to fight cancer? Did you know that it is impossible to OD on? Did you know that more people die each day from taking Tylenol than from using marijuana?

Ok, that last one was a trick... nobody has ever died from using marijuana.
While I already signed it, you information is a bit faulty. There are compounds in Cannabis that that seem to offer promise in dealing with cancer. The delivery system of Smoking it it is about 7 times more carcinogenic than equal amounts of tobacco. As far as overdosing goes , the delivery system is what limits overdose. You can't Smoke enough to overdose with out loosing consciousness. On the other hand there thousands of Psychotic Episodes each year with some deaths attached (Usually trauma related) When people eat Cannabis . Simply because when you eat it is possible to get enough into your digestive system to reach overdose before you feel it's effects. (lets be honest if after you eat the pot brownie and you start to get the munchies whats left to eat ,, "Oh wait there's more Brownies" )
All of that said It needs to be legalized because I am tired of buying jailed stoners breakfast.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #52
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
While I already signed it, you information is a bit faulty. There are compounds in Cannabis that that seem to offer promise in dealing with cancer. The delivery system of Smoking it it is about 7 times more carcinogenic than equal amounts of tobacco. As far as overdosing goes , the delivery system is what limits overdose. You can't Smoke enough to overdose with out loosing consciousness. On the other hand there thousands of Psychotic Episodes each year with some deaths attached (Usually trauma related) When people eat Cannabis . Simply because when you eat it is possible to get enough into your digestive system to reach overdose before you feel it's effects. (lets be honest if after you eat the pot brownie and you start to get the munchies whats left to eat ,, "Oh wait there's more Brownies" )
All of that said It needs to be legalized because I am tired of buying jailed stoners breakfast.
Can you provide resources/links to support your arguments?

I'm not saying they aren't accurate but I have yet to see anything from either side that shows whether or not smoking MJ is better or worse than ciggies. I hear all these different levels of carcinogens/anti-carcinogens being thrown about but have never seen any studies shown.

I've also never heard of OD via ingestion until this post.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #53
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Can you provide resources/links to support your arguments?

I'm not saying they aren't accurate but I have yet to see anything from either side that shows whether or not smoking MJ is better or worse than ciggies. I hear all these different levels of carcinogens/anti-carcinogens being thrown about but have never seen any studies shown.

I've also never heard of OD via ingestion until this post.
Both sides are amping up their support. Cannabis hasn't undergone any successful clinical trials, that I'm aware of, that show it is effective in fighting cancer. Evidence of that is largely anecdotal. Cannabis doesn't appear to noticeably increase risk of lung or throat cancers, but has been clinically shown to increase the risk of testicular cancer.

As with most things that seriously polarize debate people tend to hype what supports their side, while outright lying about the other side. If the evidence isn't clinical, or doesn't compare something meaningful, then it isn't evidence.

*EDIT* By the way a search for that patent number yields many results on Google, while an actual search of the patent office records shows nothing.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 05-21-2013 at 01:43 PM..
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #54
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Both sides are amping up their support. Cannabis hasn't undergone any successful clinical trials, that I'm aware of, that show it is effective in fighting cancer. Evidence of that is largely anecdotal. Cannabis doesn't appear to noticeably increase risk of lung or throat cancers, but has been clinically shown to increase the risk of testicular cancer.

As with most things that seriously polarize debate people tend to hype what supports their side, while outright lying about the other side. If the evidence isn't clinical, or doesn't compare something meaningful, then it isn't evidence.

*EDIT* By the way a search for that patent number yields many results on Google, while an actual search of the patent office records shows nothing.
That's what I gather.

Leaglize it movement: Weed cures everything and makes everyone rich!

Anti Movement: Weed kills you instantly and causes Mexican unicorns to rape white babies.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #55
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:

First I am in the office and cant provide the study on carcinogens NIH Has the data on on Psychotic Episode related to eating Cannabis.
Again none of the studies impact my view that it needs to be legalized as a recreational drug. When compared to Alcohol it is far less toxic.
My Pet peeve is the Medical Marijuana Argument.
Sadly because it is illegal in the US there have been No decent long term studies done. (Please don't bury with hate here I want to see it legalized) because of it's criminalization. The Science is as far as I can discern beyond its use as a anti emetic, soft, or perhaps better stated yet to be determined.
On a Side note, WA states law changed severely impacted a family member of mine. They had been running a "Medicinal Bake Shop" now that you no longer need the Medicinal route around the law business has crashed.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #56
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Quote:
In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.

The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.

Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970).
http://www.oregon.gov/pharmacy/Impor...NOTES_3-10.pdf

I don't give a fuck how stoned you are, you damn sure ain't eating 10lbs of hash or the 15,000 cookies you could make out of that... and trust me, at that dosage (0.3g/serving), one cookie would put Cheech and Chong on the moon.

Let's say you have some super-weed that's 50% (impossible), that still means you'd have to eat almost a lb of it to kill you.

It doesn't kill anyone... Associating it with other things is moot... it's like saying "bathtubs cause 2,000 deaths per year." No, being old as fuck and falling in the bathtub causes 2,000 deaths per year.

Also, I question where you came up with that anyone... I'd imagine if that were the case, the government would be all over it as the forefront of the drug war... and Google can't find shit on it.

There is a link between schizophrenia and marijuana, but then again... there's a link with schizophrenia and coffee too.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #57
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Probably because it's only an application at this point...

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...130059018.PGNR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
That's what I gather.

Leaglize it movement: Weed cures everything and makes everyone rich!

Anti Movement: Weed kills you instantly and causes Mexican unicorns to rape white babies.
Close, but the legalize movement is more along the lines of, "we can show you why it's illegal and it's politically motivated, but since nobody gives a flying fuck about invidual rights and government corruption, we have to start banging a different drum".

Quote:
First I am in the office and cant provide the study on carcinogens NIH Has the data on on Psychotic Episode related to eating Cannabis.
Again none of the studies impact my view that it needs to be legalized as a recreational drug. When compared to Alcohol it is far less toxic.
My Pet peeve is the Medical Marijuana Argument.
Sadly because it is illegal in the US there have been No decent long term studies done. (Please don't bury with hate here I want to see it legalized) because of it's criminalization. The Science is as far as I can discern beyond its use as a anti emetic, soft, or perhaps better stated yet to be determined.
On a Side note, WA states law changed severely impacted a family member of mine. They had been running a "Medicinal Bake Shop" now that you no longer need the Medicinal route around the law business has crashed.
And that's the big problem... well, one of the big problems... It's a schedule I drug for no other reason than to make research more difficult. Schedule I means there's no medicinal value and a high possiblity for abuse. Fuck, cocaine is a schedule II drug!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #58
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Cancer?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501729_pf.html

Quote:
The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #59
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIaiWiBiEnU
Old 08-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #60
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqWxys3P_nI