Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #51
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Coulda woulda.. The day you're faced with that situation, and actually do something ill believe it. Until then, its just chest pounding and bravado...

True,but I've actually been in similar situations as a bouncer and as just a guy. Heck,I've actually been stabbed about 4 or 5 times... Man I can't wait to get to the rally so I can prove some of the shit I say! Hoodrat ftw? Hmmm...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #52
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
And one other thing...

If you want me to believe you'd face off against a psychotic man with a knife, while he has the advantage of taking you on one at a time because of the design of the bus, and all the guys behind you would do is slow you down as you're getting stabbed 15-20 times, then you're almost as crazy as he is.

It's nice that you'd have wanted to do something. I'd have wanted to do something too.. But, my e-penis isn't so big that I don't realize it would have taken chuck norris to have ended that situation without a gun.

Yeah,yeah,yeah. You know this reminds me of the 911 airline situation and how two planeloads of people allowed a few guys with box cutters terrify them and one plane load fought back... I'm not trying to say I'm Chuck Norris but I'm also not some engineer or IT guy either. I've faced off against knives before,in fact I was in Jr High School the first time I was stabbed and have the scar to prove it. I'm not afraid of knives.I've had some training in hand to hand and a lot of real world experience. Whatever, I worked as a bouncer for 6 years in some of the biggest dives in Grand Rapids. I spent almost a decade in the Army and I spent most of my life in the hood. I am not afraid of a guy with a knife...period. Besides,it's very rare that I don't have a knife on me so at least we'd be on level ground.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #53
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

And in this situation it wouldn't have saved the guy's life...period.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
And in this situation it wouldn't have saved the guy's life...period.

Sorry,I didn't comment on your post but I agree,in fact I posed the "sudden attack" point myself. This could have been a busload of Sheriffs on their way to a convention and that kid would still probably be dead. I was just defending my um,"e-penis"...as I've said I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #55
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Before anyone had a clue what was going on, he was dead.
We don't know this for sure. And honestly, I doubt anyone actually took the time to decide "Hmm, he looks dead already, so I don't need to help"..........Instead, sheer shock took over and they ran. Which is both pathetic, and understandable, given today's cushy society.

IMO he could possibly have been saved if 2-3 people on that bus had been big enough, experienced enough, and constantly aware of their surroundings......... But unfortunately those types of people are a needle in a haystack. For most people it would have taken 5-6 seconds of seeing what was happening before it even registered that someone was getting killed, and by that time the dude had already been stabbed 9-10 times.

Last edited by Homeslice; 03-06-2009 at 05:05 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #56
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
We don't know this for sure. And honestly, I doubt anyone actually took the time to decide "Hmm, he looks dead already, so I don't need to help"..........Instead, sheer shock took over and they ran. Which is both pathetic, and understandable, given today's cushy society.

IMO he could possibly have been saved if 2-3 people on that bus had been big enough, experienced enough, and constantly aware of their surroundings......... But unfortunately those types of people are a needle in a haystack. For most people it would have taken 5-6 seconds of seeing what was happening before it even registered that someone was getting killed.
Let me explain it better..

They were on a bus. An aisle is one person wide. A crazy motherfucker just cut somebody's throat and now he's hacking his head off with a big ass knife. You have no weapons. All the bravery in the world doesn't change the law of physics, only one of you can face him in that aisle.

Are you going to attack him hand to hand? Do you really think you'd Jet Li his ass and that would be it? In all likelihood, you'd be getting your head cut off by a crazy motherfucker with a big ass knife.

I'm no pansy. And I'm a fairly big dude with a pretty big e-penis. If somebody steps up to me, they'd only have to ask once and I'd gladly throw fists..

But, I'll say this again.. You'd be facing a crazy motherfucker who has a knife who just cut somebody's throat. You do understand the risks right? If you screw up, if any of the other heroes standing behind you block your way when you turn to run after he gut stabs you, you don't get to go home to your loved ones.

I'd like to think people who say they'd do something actually would. But... We all know the likelihood of that being true is about the same as the likelihood of me winning the lottery tonight.. ( and I didn't buy any tickets...)
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #57
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:

They were on a bus. An aisle is one person wide. A crazy motherfucker just cut somebody's throat and now he's hacking his head off with a big ass knife. You have no weapons. All the bravery in the world doesn't change the law of physics, only one of you can face him in that aisle.

Are you going to attack him hand to hand? Do you really think you'd Jet Li his ass and that would be it? In all likelihood, you'd be getting your head cut off by a crazy motherfucker with a big ass knife.

I'm no pansy. And I'm a fairly big dude with a pretty big e-penis. If somebody steps up to me, they'd only have to ask once and I'd gladly throw fists..

But, I'll say this again.. You'd be facing a crazy motherfucker who has a knife who just cut somebody's throat. You do understand the risks right? If you screw up, if any of the other heroes standing behind you block your way when you turn to run after he gut stabs you, you don't get to go home to your loved ones.

I'd like to think people who say they'd do something actually would. But... We all know the likelihood of that being true is about the same as the likelihood of me winning the lottery tonight.. ( and I didn't buy any tickets...)

I'd just be getting people off the bus to safety. No being a hero there for me. I know my limitations. Least amount of casualties as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post

I'd just be getting people off the bus to safety. No being a hero there for me. I know my limitations. Least amount of casualties as possible.
HAHAH.....

I had no idea that happened... "plus one" get's a little pink dude holding a sign. I'm leaving that there just 'cuz. That made me laugh...
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #58
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Okay you win...but people step up almost every day and face these kind of situations. I have in the past,I hope that I have the strength and the courage to do it again if necessary. In fact,some people put themselves at risk 24/7 just for us and you say that people don't have the courage to do something. Whatever. You're wrong-period. There are people out there who are willing to put themselves at risk to save you.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #59
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Okay you win...but people step up almost every day and face these kind of situations. I have in the past,I hope that I have the strength and the courage to do it again if necessary. In fact,some people put themselves at risk 24/7 just for us and you say that people don't have the courage to do something. Whatever. You're wrong-period. There are people out there who are willing to put themselves at risk to save you.
I'm in the military and I live with a police officer. I know that people risk their lives for others every day. But, committing suicide to say you did something is idiotic at best.

There's a big difference between a police officer/ soldier doing their job and getting knifed to death by trying to be a hero.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #60
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

I bet you he's happy he tried to stop this fight..

http://uk.truveo.com/American-sailor.../id/3974820853

At least he would, if he wasn't dead.

Btw, military trained... Still managed to get himself killed. And he didn't have insurmountable odds against him like the bus passengers.