Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #51
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Sounds like a great, but painful, weekend!!!

I would have trecked my ass out there - but there are a few things against me. First, I'm a spoiled bitch that has more trackbikes than I can ride at one time... yet no working streetbike. Second, I put on another trackday Yesterday that was a great success (tho a bit hot at 90+ outside).

Maybe next year we can pull together a few more riders?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #52
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I'm sure we'll have record numbers if we can get the rally at your Track!

how much would it cost per person if we got 10 people? obviously hope'n for more... but I think we could count on at least 10
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #53
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

If we are serious about doing it at her track, we need to figure out a date range we are wanting to do it to maximize the amount of people that can go and are willing to commit. This isn't like the gap, you have to pay early and if you backout, tough shit, you lose your money unless you can find someone to replace you. I think we can effectively rule out summer months. Central Texas is no place to be in a leather suit riding your heart out in the middle of summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #54
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If we are serious about doing it at her track, we need to figure out a date range we are wanting to do it to maximize the amount of people that can go and are willing to commit. This isn't like the gap, you have to pay early and if you backout, tough shit, you lose your money unless you can find someone to replace you. I think we can effectively rule out summer months. Central Texas is no place to be in a leather suit riding your heart out in the middle of summer.
good point. it'd also be a benefit to the group if we went in the off season... is there an off season then? im thinking nov-jan?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #55
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I say LATE in the year... cause otherwise I'm out!

what about like late September? if we can make it happen I'm down... and my money will be there ASAP.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #56
t-homo
WSB Champion

Next fall would work for me. With this much warning i could make it work no matter what.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #57
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

We may do another dual rally next year if yall want to do it in the fall. A lot of people like making the trip to the gap and I like going hang out in the mountains, so we might arrange another gap trip and then do the texas track day in the fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #58
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I'm gonna make it if it's at the track in TX, definately not in the summer months, September would probably be perfect.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #59
t-homo
WSB Champion

How cold does it get in texas? Because it would be fuckin awesome if we could do one in December without it being too cold.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #60
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Well, the definition of *cold* is subjective. December might be perfect, though I need to check on a few logistics with the track. Most tracks here are closed December and January. Even February is unpredictable weather-wise. Even April can throw a loop - last year it SNOWED on my wedding day (after renting the track in Dallas for the day, it was unprecedented).

It was about 100 degrees yesterday at my event. It's been that way for at least a month. See, the difference with the weather... everywhere else record highs and record lows are displayed. HERE, it's the record number of days over 100 in a row. Sounds like hell, huh? It's just something we get used to maybe??

Best way to do this is probably a point person here to work with me on logistics. I mean, I love the forum and all... but I don't care for conducting business in this way

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote