Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #51
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
No its not. Obama as smart Cutty says just says what you want to hear. He's a puppet to the dem party. He says he's going to fix everything. Vs McCain tells us what our problems are and reasons why we should and can fix it. He makes no empty promises that he, himself, will fix everything. The other day on Leno McCain talked about how we need to stop sending 700 billion to countries that don't really like us, and whether we like it or not, some of our oil money goes to fund terrorism. These are the things we need to stop, by doing off shore drilling, and exploring other natural resources like wind, solar, ect. He doesn't say HE WILL FIX IT, just that America can prevail.

The point I'm trying to drive home is that Obama is nothing but a talker. He will convince everybody he will fix everything, he's a convincing guy and charasmatic so you will believe him. That's what makes him a good puppet.
not the same thing, my mistake. same result. i read that like this= obamas bike shop-your bikes got a bunch of problems, bring it to me, ill fix it. next day, you're riding.

mccains bike shop-your bikes got a bunch of problems, bring it over, we'll take a look at it. this is messed up, that needs to be replaced, gotta change this. hand me a 5mm and the speed handle, ill take this side u take that side and we'll tear this sucker apart and get u back rolling. next day, you're riding.

same result.

if obama fixes everything, america prevails. if he doesnt, then obama fails. mccain doesnt have to do anything but make an attempt, and hes done what he said he would, and therefore successful.

if obama is elected, and turns out to be all talk, or mostly talk, or even if theres only progress being made, no real change-no chance of reelection, cuz he promised so much. if mccain gets it, and doesnt die, he'll probably get reelected, based on progress, which is exactly what he promises.

mccain seems to want to get us back on the road leading to the united states of fucking badass america, while obama wants to take the plane and arrive at the same destination way quicker. both are noble efforts, but 4yrs isnt that long, one seems more feasible than the other.

thats my opinion anyway
Old 08-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #52
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

so what exactly is mccain promising us? because "i'll try" isn't gonna do it for me. i want results, and i don't give A's for effort. it is either succeed or fail. there is no in between.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #53
JK
noodles... dont noodles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
not the same thing, my mistake. same result. i read that like this= obamas bike shop-your bikes got a bunch of problems, bring it to me, ill fix it. next day, you're riding.

mccains bike shop-your bikes got a bunch of problems, bring it over, we'll take a look at it. this is messed up, that needs to be replaced, gotta change this. hand me a 5mm and the speed handle, ill take this side u take that side and we'll tear this sucker apart and get u back rolling. next day, you're riding.

same result.

if obama fixes everything, america prevails. if he doesnt, then obama fails. mccain doesnt have to do anything but make an attempt, and hes done what he said he would, and therefore successful.

if obama is elected, and turns out to be all talk, or mostly talk, or even if theres only progress being made, no real change-no chance of reelection, cuz he promised so much. if mccain gets it, and doesnt die, he'll probably get reelected, based on progress, which is exactly what he promises.

mccain seems to want to get us back on the road leading to the united states of fucking badass america, while obama wants to take the plane and arrive at the same destination way quicker. both are noble efforts, but 4yrs isnt that long, one seems more feasible than the other.

thats my opinion anyway
nice bike shop analogy. i see it like this:

Obamas bike shop: Cars are better than bikes. But since im stuck with bikes, i know of a guy with a hayabusa... (who does he think he is!) we will take parts off his and put it on your gs500.

McCains bike shop: I like bikes. We can have a look and see what exactly needs to be fixed and do some PM. Or if you want, feel free to use our tools to fix it yourself.

Last edited by JK; 08-30-2008 at 05:06 PM..
JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
so what exactly is mccain promising us? because "i'll try" isn't gonna do it for me. i want results, and i don't give A's for effort. it is either succeed or fail. there is no in between.

See that's always been the problem for me...we are all waiting for someone else to come along and "fix" things for us. Hell,it's gotten so that people don't even want to bring the bike to the shop. They want the shop manager to anticipate when their bike is gonna break down,even if it's their own stupid abuse that breaks it (mortgages),and repair it while they sleep in ignorant bliss. I'm so sick of the promises and I am especially sick of everyone expecting the gov't to fix their lives. If you want your situation to change then get off your ass and go to school,move,get a different job,etc. Stop waiting for that knight in shining armor to come save your ass. The less interference the gov't has in my life the better!!!

Now as far as foreign policy goes...FUCK THEM!!! Let them kill each other,let them starve each other,if they don't like us then let them spend the money they use to buy American flags to burn on FOOD for awhile!!! These assholes have three children standing in front of the hut with starvation distended bellies and they're inside fucking to have a forth. We send them money to buy food and medicine and their leaders spend it on weapons,cars and mansions. FUCK THEM ALL!!! When my ancestors were starving in France,they got together and overthrew the gov't. Same in Russia. Same in many other countries. We need to just get out of their business and let nature take it's course. Homo Sapiens wiped out Neanderthals,maybe it's time some of these branches got pruned too!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #55
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
I love how McCain criticizes Obama for his lack of political experience and he picks a total rookie for his running mate.
There is a big difference. Obama is not running for Vice President he is running for President. The President has all the buck. VP has very little powers. If Obama was a VP on the ticket I don't think it would be a big deal.

I do understand if McCain becomes president and dies, resigns, or can't finish out his term making her the President. Then that could be a concern but the odds of a President being killed now I would assume is pretty low and it's hard to get a sitting president out of office.

If McCain does win this election you are looking at your 2012 President.

Now she is a hottie but again when it comes to politics I don't care how good you look or how well you speak. Because you are handsome and well spoken doesn't mean you can tell me what to do.

And even though I'm not a fan of Obama (Who I despise) or McCain. From the little I know about her and her speach. Damn I do like her.

But check out this polling from boortz.com
http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html
Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #56
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

i go to work. i pay my taxes and mortgage in a timely manner as required. i vote. i do everything that is required of me, even paying the $4 a gallon for gas. i didn't break america, and i am not gonna be the one to fix it. me going to school isn't gonna affect gas prices or the war in iraq. having a better job won't change that. and as far as moving, unless i move to france there is no one place in the US that is better off than the other right now. if you wanna be president i expect you to have a game plan. not just stand before me and say "i'll try". i can do that much myself.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #57
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
i go to work. i pay my taxes and mortgage in a timely manner as required. i vote. i do everything that is required of me, even paying the $4 a gallon for gas. i didn't break america, and i am not gonna be the one to fix it. me going to school isn't gonna affect gas prices or the war in iraq. having a better job won't change that. and as far as moving, unless i move to france there is no one place in the US that is better off than the other right now. if you wanna be president i expect you to have a game plan. not just stand before me and say "i'll try". i can do that much myself.
Good fucking point.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #58
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
we are at loggerheads today sweetie and it's probably my fault,sorry! I don't like either candidate myself. I will say that I'd rather have someone map out a "realistic" plan of attack than just spout a string of catch phrases designed to make me think he knows what he is talking about.

Oh and you did have a hand in "breaking" America,as did we all. By buying Chinese/foreign products,not being able to live without our houses being 80 degrees in the Winter and 60 degrees in the summer,by buying the biggest truck/suv we can get our hands on,by forming unions and striking if a non-high school graduate doesn't make $50,000 a year for watching parts fly down an assembly line,by demanding that our meat be on the shelf before the animal stops breathing,by allowing illegal aliens to come to this country by the millions so we don't have to pay more than 99 cents a pound for tomatoes,by expecting packages from Hong Kong to be on our doorstep the next day,by not allowing our children to walk more than 100' to school,by placing more and more demands on a governmental system that was originally set up only to represent our country to other countries and provide for the national defense,but mostly by voting for figureheads whose only real talent is being popular and making speeches. Oh we ALL had a hand in this darling,trust me...

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 08-30-2008 at 10:07 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #59
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
we're ALL responsible for the state of our nation. because we are americans and can vote... we're all responsible. no... you may not have added to the mess... but doesn't make you less responsible.

I'd rather have someone realize just how difficult it is to change things in 4 years that's been fucked up for 20... and tell me they'll TRY than promise something that can't happen in their term. to me... it sounds like Obama is trying to set himself up for re-election already... cause he can just say... well change doesn't happen over night.

I don't really have anything against either candidate... but obama seems to be promising a lot but not saying how he's going to get there... or WHEN.

As for Mccain... I can see how his VP selection could be a poor choice as given his age, if he croaks we now have a President with only 2 years as Governor and 4 years as mayor. but having met her a couple times, and having had a conversation... a REAL conversation with her, I'm for it. she'd do fine... I'd pick her over Hillary ANY FUCKING DAY OF THE WEEK. not only because she supports our military... (Hillary thinks we're all over paid)... but she's her own woman... as opposed to Hillary who claims white house experience from being the first lady... great... you know what the Lincoln bedroom looks like... so does Monica I'd imagine and she probably had more time in the oval office! doesn't mean she's got white house experience as it relates to running for president!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #60
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
not gonna be the one to fix it? as a responsible landowner guess who is gonna get hammered hardest when they try to "fix" things. i'll tell you one thing, me and my 6k worth of property taxes a year are sooooooo fucking excited about welfare projects
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote