Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #51
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Injector. It works better and isn't as frustrating.

Of course, I'm lazy.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:13 AM   #52
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

i learned how to roll by hand by watching how my first rolling machine worked
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #53
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
i learned how to roll by hand by watching how my first rolling machine worked
I can honestly say I've never rolled a cigarette. But if the price goes up any more, I'll have to remember how to roll them other things I use to smoke.

At least I won't have to pass these rolled items around with a roach clip.
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #54
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs derf View Post
Injector. It works better and isn't as frustrating.

Of course, I'm lazy.
that's what I was talking about.

years ago I tried rolling my own, I got kicked out of a bar once. they were pitiful.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #55
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
I can honestly say I've never rolled a cigarette. But if the price goes up any more, I'll have to remember how to roll them other things I use to smoke.

At least I won't have to pass these rolled items around with a roach clip.
Rolling your own won't work either. The tax on bulk cut tobacco was raised 2,200% at the same time as the tax was raised on processed cigs, so the net result is that it is as expensive to roll your own as it is to buy a pack.
The owner of a Tobacco shop here was complaining to the media that he has a couple of hundred pounds that he will never be able to sell now...
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #56
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
Rolling your own won't work either. The tax on bulk cut tobacco was raised 2,200% at the same time as the tax was raised on processed cigs, so the net result is that it is as expensive to roll your own as it is to buy a pack.
The owner of a Tobacco shop here was complaining to the media that he has a couple of hundred pounds that he will never be able to sell now...
that is fucking unreal.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #57
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
that is fucking unreal.
Why? Amid all the talk about American jobs, American workers, the American middle class, and hard working Americans the truth appears to be that the government only cares about these things when they are in furtherance of a social agenda. Hard working Americans are great when they are building solar panels and wind turbines. If they grow, process, or sell tobacco though, fuck em. They should be better using their time by building hybrid cars or catalytic converters for cows asses.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #58
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
What grade of tobacco are you comparing with what brand of smoke?

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #59
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Why? Amid all the talk about American jobs, American workers, the American middle class, and hard working Americans the truth appears to be that the government only cares about these things when they are in furtherance of a social agenda. Hard working Americans are great when they are building solar panels and wind turbines. If they grow, process, or sell tobacco though, fuck em. They should be better using their time by building hybrid cars or catalytic converters for cows asses.
so why do they subsidize the tobacco industry? we not only get to pay the most taxes when we buy the product, we get to pay taxes for the gov. to subsidize.

with the taxes they are putting on them they are pricing themselves out of an income off the damn things. I know my use has dropped by the minimum of 50% so the increase hasn't gotten/won't get them any more money.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #60
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostz28 View Post
VERY VERY true! smokers have already been banned in most states from bars and all other "public" areas. So in my opinion at this point being around smokers is a choice. If your friend smokes and you don't like it, don't hang out with them. The problem with the nonsmokers as you said applauding these actions doesn't end with the smoking taxes and bans, the bigger problem is it sets a precedent for the government saying its ok to overtax what ever they want, and in my opinion violate the rights of bar owners by telling them what can and can't be allowed in THEIR bars. Establishments that they worked hard for and staked their well being on its success, and now the government can just walk in and say "you can't allow smoking, it remains legal you just can't allow people to do it in your establishment even though a large portion of your patrons smoke". All because "nonsmokers" pushed and applauded the government because they didn't like smoking, but the have failed to see the big picture and don't realize the power they just put in the governments hands. Then next time they might be on the other side of the issue but if the government can do it once they can and will do it again.
I'm sorry, but you might want to say that smokING is banned, not smokERS. Smokers can go everywhere a non-smoker can....ya just can't smoke while you are in there

And I won't go to bars that permit smoking indoors. I don't like smelling disgusting.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote