Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #51
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Fuck that. In a fight between Miguel Torres vs. Kimbo Slice, my money is on Torres massacring Slice every time, even with the near 1 foot height advantage and 100 pound weight advantage for Slice, because Torres is an animal and Kimbo is a fraud. Kimbo doesn't even stack up against the typical scrub welterweight they throw at GSP for laughs, let alone anyone in heavyweight.
I concur.

So what do you make of the Lesnar/Couture fight?

Personally, I'm just excited to see my buddy Amir Samadallawhateverthefuckhisnameis fight again...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:00 PM   #52
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I concur.

So what do you make of the Lesnar/Couture fight?

Personally, I'm just excited to see my buddy Amir Samadallawhateverthefuckhisnameis fight again...
Couture in the third round by submission. Lesnar may be a rookie, but he's fast, strong, and has some canned hams at the end of his arms. He's got the same NCAA wrestling background as Couture, perhaps even better, but he's still green. He'll fuck up trying to end the fight and end up in some submission he could have easily avoided or gotten out of with more experience.

That said, it would not surprise me to see Lesnar win the fight. If he connects with a good combo, he can potentially knock Couture on his ass and ground and pound him into a knock out. That or he can use his size to smother Couture and go five rounds of completely fucking dull smothering.

Amir has the skills. Hopefully he puts on some entertaining fights or he'll end up buried in the undercards of future fights.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:00 PM   #53
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Na-ha-in-ni... Na-ha-in-ni-na... Na-gonna-work-here-no-mo
Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #54
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Couture in the third round by submission. Lesnar may be a rookie, but he's fast, strong, and has some canned hams at the end of his arms. He's got the same NCAA wrestling background as Couture, perhaps even better, but he's still green. He'll fuck up trying to end the fight and end up in some submission he could have easily avoided or gotten out of with more experience.

That said, it would not surprise me to see Lesnar win the fight. If he connects with a good combo, he can potentially knock Couture on his ass and ground and pound him into a knock out. That or he can use his size to smother Couture and go five rounds of completely fucking dull smothering.

Amir has the skills. Hopefully he puts on some entertaining fights or he'll end up buried in the undercards of future fights.
I dunno, I have a little more faith that Lesnar will come out on top... I agree though, he's VERY green... The thing is, the man's a fucking abomination... I don't know if there's anyone in MMA with the kind of speed AND strength that Lesnar has... His real weakness is in submission defense, but Couture is hardly a submission artist. They are both ground and pounders... with the speed/strength advantage going to Lesnar... a toss up between their technical ability... and the ring rust factor... I think Lesnar could dominate the fight. Either way, I'm excited to watch.

Amir is like a little Rocky. You beat on him, beat on him, beat on him... and then he armbar's your ass (twice Mr. Dollaway)... He's the kind of guy you just want to like. I think it's less about Amir putting on a show and more of Amir perpetuating his underdog with a ton of heart persona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Na-ha-in-ni... Na-ha-in-ni-na... Na-gonna-work-here-no-mo
That quote is uttered from someone's lips about every 7 seconds at my job.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #55
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

[QUOTE=OneSickPsycho;87697]I dunno, I have a little more faith that Lesnar will come out on top... I agree though, he's VERY green... The thing is, the man's a fucking abomination... I don't know if there's anyone in MMA with the kind of speed AND strength that Lesnar has... His real weakness is in submission defense, but Couture is hardly a submission artist. They are both ground and pounders... with the speed/strength advantage going to Lesnar... a toss up between their technical ability... and the ring rust factor... I think Lesnar could dominate the fight. Either way, I'm excited to watch.

Amir is like a little Rocky. You beat on him, beat on him, beat on him... and then he armbar's your ass (twice Mr. Dollaway)... He's the kind of guy you just want to like. I think it's less about Amir putting on a show and more of Amir perpetuating his underdog with a ton of heart persona.

Speed and strength hmm Houston Alexander or we talking just heavys. Amir is solid no arguement here hes just gotta fine tune his standup and he will be money.
________
Honda Z history
________
Coach handbags

Last edited by Antwanny; 04-07-2011 at 07:35 PM..
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #56
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

[QUOTE=Antwanny;87701]
Quote:
I dunno, I have a little more faith that Lesnar will come out on top... I agree though, he's VERY green... The thing is, the man's a fucking abomination... I don't know if there's anyone in MMA with the kind of speed AND strength that Lesnar has... His real weakness is in submission defense, but Couture is hardly a submission artist. They are both ground and pounders... with the speed/strength advantage going to Lesnar... a toss up between their technical ability... and the ring rust factor... I think Lesnar could dominate the fight. Either way, I'm excited to watch.

Speed and strength hmm Houston Alexander or we talking just heavys. Amir is solid no arguement here hes just gotta fine tune his standup and he will be money.
Lesnar would break HA in half. He's got the speed and is very strong for 205, but again... Lesnar = Manimal.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #57
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Holy influx of newbs Batman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 PM   #58
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:

The thing that I think will be key for this fight is how well Couture can adapt. He doesn't have to have submission skills, just enough sense to slap on a knee bar when Lesnar leaves himself exposed. If Lesnar plays it smart like the Herring fight, it'll go 5 rounds and he'll have an excellent chance of winning. If he comes out sloppy like in the Mir fight, it'll end the same as the Mir fight. Couture does have the slight advantage of fighting Tim "the Luddite" Sylvia, and if you buy into his little press releases, he's been training with guys with similar size to Lesnar. But you're damn right, I doubt any of them have the speed of Lesnar. Still, I think that Brock will lose and it will be from a rookie mistake. Either way, I'm looking forward to the fight.

And if Lesnar wins, he'll get his ass handed to him by the winner of Nog/Mir, though I'm betting that Dana and the Fertitta brothers are hoping in their secret hearts for a Mir/Lesnar rematch at the end of this whole thing.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #59
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Get out of the mutherfuckin' Intro section....

I was just about to post the same thing in the intro forum.

I spent half the day introducing myself to people I already know.

JC
askmrjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #60
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I was just about to post the same thing in the intro forum.

I spent half the day introducing myself to people I already know.

JC
i know you not... but what up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote