Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-27-2008, 01:26 AM   #51
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
You're missing the point a bit, methinks.

Or touch down some bare leather like I did before my pucks were positioned correctly... MAN that shit grabbed.
i have touched down leather.. was having too much fun grinding my pucks and ground a little too much off so my leather started dragging.. i didn't realize it until after the session.. the edge of the velcro that holds the puck is still all fucked up..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:05 AM   #52
r!der
snowboarder

Moto: 05 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Or touch down some bare leather like I did before my pucks were positioned correctly... MAN that shit grabbed.
That's some scary stuff right there. I had a pretty mean pucker moment when that happened. I guess it forced some input on the bars and the bike started to get a little headshake while I was leaned. Left a pretty good mark on my brand new suit too.

Good thing I always keep a roll of black gorilla tape in the toolbox.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #53
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
i have touched down leather.. was having too much fun grinding my pucks and ground a little too much off so my leather started dragging.. i didn't realize it until after the session.. the edge of the velcro that holds the puck is still all fucked up..
Mine just weren't positioned right for my height, bike, rearset height, body position, etc. They needed to be up further and slid a bit towards the front of my body. Now they're gravy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r!der View Post
That's some scary stuff right there. I had a pretty mean pucker moment when that happened. I guess it forced some input on the bars and the bike started to get a little headshake while I was leaned. Left a pretty good mark on my brand new suit too.
I must have been loose on the bars at the time otherwise I would have crashed for sure. It yanked the whole left side of my body backwards. Yikes!

You can see the mark on the leathers here, on the left knee. It also broke a couple of the stitches that hold the velcro onto the pants, but it's not a big deal:

Edit: This was all at about 80mph. Scary shit.

Last edited by ceo012384; 05-02-2008 at 03:31 PM..
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote