Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #41
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I just checked and PA accepts my permit too!!
Nice.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #42
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Thats probably good practice whether you are carrying or not. Police have a dangerous job. Doing this when you get pulled over will only help the situation.
I work with cops a good bit and they told me they hate that shit and wish people wouldn't do it. Mainly because they pull someone over for speeding and when they announce they have a gun they have to call another car in and check crap when all he had to do was write a ticket.

He said the way he looks at it is a person who would put a gun on the dash or announce it wouldn't do anything to me anyways. While a person with 5 bricks in the back who would shoot me is going to keep it concealed becuase they want a back up plan for later.

Basically he said don't announce it unless they ask.

Though you should have seen a cops face when my buddies and I had roughly 20 or so guns (belonged to my friend's dad) in the back of a bronco because we were going to a hunting club to shoot them. AR15s, Big fucking revolvers, sniper looking rifles, and multiple bananas. But he was a country cop and thought they were cool.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #43
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I work with cops a good bit and they told me they hate that shit and wish people wouldn't do it. Mainly because they pull someone over for speeding and when they announce they have a gun they have to call another car in and check crap when all he had to do was write a ticket.

He said the way he looks at it is a person who would put a gun on the dash or announce it wouldn't do anything to me anyways. While a person with 5 bricks in the back who would shoot me is going to keep it concealed becuase they want a back up plan for later.

Though you should have seen a cops face when my buddies and I had roughly 20 or so guns (belonged to my friend's dad) in the back of a bronco because we were going to a hunting club to shoot them. AR15s, Big fucking revolvers, sniper looking rifles, and multiple bananas. But he was a country cop and thought they were cool.
My state requires that you declare a concealed weapon at every stop.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #44
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
My state requires that you declare a concealed weapon at every stop.
It might be that way in Georgia but I think the cops just don't want to deal with it. Though I think in Georgia our vehicles are considered an extension of our home. Which in my hood, if the cops asked you if there was a gun in your home and you said "no" they'd probably really get nervous.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #45
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

Thats an interesting perspective. I'd think as a cop you would want to know...but I'm not a cop.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #46
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I would never condone handling a firearm once you have been stopped. When a cop lights you up, that is not the time to be fiddling with a weapon. If he sees you doing that, you're in a world of shit.

Drink or carry, don't do both.
The LEO isn't going to see me do anything. I've been carrying for well over 20years and carry one everyday for a living. I just lay the weapon on the dash way before he/she ever approaches the car...roll the window down...place hands at 10 and 2 and sit still...very still and inform the officer as soon as I open my mouth.

You can't ride around with the handgun laying on the dash.

90 to 95 % of the time I don't drink if I'm carrying but as mentioned...I carry most all of the time...so if I just happen to have a beer and have it on me it can't be concealed so I do what I need to do.

You do it your way and I'll do it mine.

I work with LEO's...former LEO's...retired FBI...Secret Service...and military and guess what...every now and then they may have a drink and they all do the same exact thing as I do because...it works.

No I don't suggest it for everybody if you don't have your chit together but again...works for me.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #47
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
The LEO isn't going to see me do anything. I've been carrying for well over 20years and carry one everyday for a living. I just lay the weapon on the dash way before he/she ever approaches the car...roll the window down...place hands at 10 and 2 and sit still...very still and inform the officer as soon as I open my mouth.

You can't ride around with the handgun laying on the dash.

90 to 95 % of the time I don't drink if I'm carrying but as mentioned...I carry most all of the time...so if I just happen to have a beer and have it on me it can't be concealed so I do what I need to do.

You do it your way and I'll do it mine.

I work with LEO's...former LEO's...retired FBI...Secret Service...and military and guess what...every now and then they may have a drink and they all do the same exact thing as I do because...it works.

No I don't suggest it for everybody if you don't have your chit together but again...works for me.
I can see the logic on both sides of that coin.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #48
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
See I would never do it this way.

I have yet to be pulled over at all in years let alone with my CCW.

But my bud has always just left the gun where ever it is. Roll windows down if tinted. Hands at 10/2 and simply tell the officer right off as soon as he gets there. "Officer I have a CWP and I am or not carring and the gun is here or there (if carring)." But its important to tell them even if you aren't carrying because in Michigan if they run your plate, it automatically pops up the owner has a CWP/CCW. So best to act the same to put officer at ease.

Of corse with me the wife "owns" the cars and I own the bikes. But I still would do the same regardless.
It's against the law in NC to pocess a concealed weapon with any alcohol in your system...do that here and you may get a free ride to the crossbar hotel.

Again...my way works for me.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #49
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I can see the logic on both sides of that coin.
Me too because if you get scared or fumble around or whatever it isn't for you.

Mine is in an unzipped pouch within reach and it's pretty easy to pull it out and lay it on the dash quickly.

I'm only talking IF I have any alcohol which is rare if I'm carrying but it has happened and I'm sure will happen again.

If I'm not drinking like most of the time it's no issue...it stays concealed and I tell the officer about it.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #50
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

I don't feel the need to complicate things with alcohol.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote