Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #41
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
Thats why as a general rule, I use an average or the smaller number. I will try to get some links, they stopped working for me too.

Here is a dyno run by sport rider that I believe was way high, but then it would also show that a bump up to 150 HP is not as far fetched as some would believe.
Okay! I can't figure you out! Do you think it's possible or not? I posted numbers that claim 121 hp at the rear wheel which makes 135 hp VERY possible and 150 hp "attainable". I think you are looking at TLS numbers or something when you post "88-92 hp numbers. TLRs routinely made "around" 120 hp out of the box.

Oh and to answer someone's question as to why they would "neuter" a bike.... PLS-"post litigation syndrome", Suzuki got raped after a couple guys lost it on that bike in Europe, so they "cut off one of it's balls" before exporting it here. They also added a steering stabilizer. They did something similar to the GSXR1100.

Manufacturers throw away horse power all the time, for safety reasons, drivability, to make a MPG number, to make emission tests, to save money on more expensive parts/manufacturing processes, etc. The bottom line is that with the original numbers you were using, I would say no fucking way could you get those results with "bolt-ons" but now that I have more "accurate" starting numbers, I don't see why a guy couldn't see those kinds of peak hp numbers taking into account dyno variations, etc.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #42
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

I didnt think I was being vague, just stating that 150 is very possible. I also think that people are unaware of the amount of and scope of the mods to this engine that can be done without cracking the block. I used a smaller number because the sheets I have seen tend to be in the 88-92 range, and I do believe there were a few TLS in there. Believe me, I was stunned myself when guys started posting and showing such gains with the mods that can be done, but I have seen them and if I dynod my bike, I would be surprised if it was not in the 130ish range.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #43
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I was thinking they were making about that at the crank. Not the wheel. That's why I couldn't wrap my head around it.
The crank numbers were usually around 135hp stock.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote