Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #41
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Any new ones? Anyone new in country I have seen on tv was not ugly.

James
Thats cause you probably only listen to mainstream pop country. There are plenty fuglys that are big in country that aren't apart of that crowd. Taylor Swift/Carrie Underwood are not country, they are pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ok for the record,do you really mean to say that Chistina Aguillera,Beyonce,any "pop stars" are devoid of talent and ONLY get where they are based on their looks? I mean,I agree that entertainment is focused more on the visual medium now than it has been in the past but to say that these performers are without merit just because they are attractive is well asinine. If you are saying that a beautiful woman has a better chance than an equally talented fugly woman,I agree.

Oh and come on most Country stars were at least decent looking,Tammy Wynette,Dolly Parton,Crystal Gayle,etc. The superstars in any genre of music tend to be attractive people. I bet that it's always been like that.
A beautiful woman with very little talent has 10000000000000x more of a chance in pop than a fugly woman with more talent in her toe than the beautiful woman. No one sells fat woman to the masses. Look at the shit Jessica Simpson is taking now that she is getting fatter. She has no talent and is getting cowish. She no longer has a chance in the realm of pop. Look up that last concert where she broke down because of her lack of talent. She has lost her appeal to the crowd, her good looks. Beyonce is another Simpson, plump that bitch up and she will go down faster than a playboy bunny on an old man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 02-08-2009 at 08:49 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I agree except heavy metal. There was some ugly ass mofos in that. :LOL:

James

Yeah but they are "attractive" to their constituents,besides,there are "ugly" people in any type of music. Hell,in my opinion,an attractive person has a better chance getting a job as a garbage man than an ugly person,all other things being equal.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #43
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yeah but they are "attractive" to their constituents,besides,there are "ugly" people in any type of music. Hell,in my opinion,an attractive person has a better chance getting a job as a garbage man than an ugly person,all other things being equal.
There are ugly people everywhere. And everyones opinion of what is ugly and what isn't is very different. I'm sure Howard Sterns mother thinks he is a very handsome man. See? Very different.

But I don't know why people are surprised that they hire "good looking" people for music and movies.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #44
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
But I don't know why people are surprised that they hire "good looking" people for music and movies.

James
They don't hire people for music like they do for movies, lots of fugly groups get contracts in their own genres. The people that make it mainstream and sellout to pop are most of the time "pretty." If you find mindless crap they call pop music entertaining, that's your problem.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #45
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
They don't hire people for music like they do for movies, lots of fugly groups get contracts in their own genres. The people that make it mainstream and sellout to pop are most of the time "pretty." If you find mindless crap they call pop music entertaining, that's your problem.
I don't listen to pop. I don't call Beyoncé pop. And yes I do enjoy her music. I don't like "If I were a boy" but other then that I like her music.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #46
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I don't listen to pop. I don't call Beyoncé pop. And yes I do enjoy her music. I don't like "If I were a boy" but other then that I like her music.

James
beyonce is about as pop as you can get. She is a Britney Spears.
Quote:
Old 02-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #47
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
it's scary how much we think alike...
I'm scared now!

Just kidding.

And whomever wrote something about Christina Aguilerra, she is NOT in the same category as Brit and Beyonce, etc. She actually has an amazing voice.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #48
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
beyonce is about as pop as you can get. She is a Britney Spears.
Not in my opinion.

James
Old 02-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #49
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Thats cause you probably only listen to mainstream pop country. There are plenty fuglys that are big in country that aren't apart of that crowd. Taylor Swift/Carrie Underwood are not country, they are pop.

A beautiful woman with very little talent has 10000000000000x more of a chance in pop than a fugly woman with more talent in her toe than the beautiful woman. No one sells fat woman to the masses. Look at the shit Jessica Simpson is taking now that she is getting fatter. She has no talent and is getting cowish. She no longer has a chance in the realm of pop. Look up that last concert where she broke down because of her lack of talent. She has lost her appeal to the crowd, her good looks. Beyonce is another Simpson, plump that bitch up and she will go down faster than a playboy bunny on an old man.
BTW I don't listen to country at all. And I'm not a fan of "Pop" but there are some songs in both that I can listen to with out jamming nails in my ears.

Here is a small sample of what I listen to...http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthrea...828#post161828

James
Old 02-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #50
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

That's something I've always disliked...the attitude that an entertainer has "sold out" when they finally start making some money at what they do. It's like Beyonce,Taylor Swift,Nickelback,etc would have more credibility as musicians if less people bought their music.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote