Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #41
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

he made a mistake, hopefully he learned from it. and won't end up like ?? ricky ? that univ. of Texas running back, who keeps getting busted w/ pot, lost his whole career over it.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #42
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I think that's ridiculouws. How many professional athletes have we known who have done the same thing and are still considered legends, heroes, and role models. Just because he was an Olympic athlete and not being paid to swim professionally he should be held to a different standard? Bullshit. It's not like he's Barry Bonds or Mark McGuire, this wasn't performance enhancing and wasn't during training. Hell, we let Lance Armstrong off the hook for suspicion of blood doping, which is a lot more serious than a picture of a bong hit. This is people wanting to pick on the kid for nothing other than a quick headline, which is all he was to the punters anyway. Let the kid go, and why pull his endorsements? Odds are most of those executives went home from the bullshit meetings deciding to fuck Micheal Phelps and fired up themselves. He should sue for breach of contract.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #43
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I remember a lot of them. And he will be talked about every time the Olympics come around. Even the winter Olympics. Not everyone will remember her name but a lot of people have not forgot what Brandi Chastain did. You see it on tv and movies. People will haul off their shirt after a goal.

Keri Strug? I remember her as well as Carl Lewis, Ben Johnson, The Dream Team, Hockey. In boxing a fighters Olympic medal is talked about for a long long time.

Mark Tewksbury is a Canadian Olympic swimmer from 1992 and he is still getting jobs from it.

He screwed up. Plain and simple.

James
That's the thing though. It's all fleeting. It'll be brought up in context of the Olympics, but that's about all. In less than a year, he'll fade. Hell, he won 8 medals in the Athens Olympics in 2004, but he wasn't even the focus on that. There was more focus on Ian Thorpe. Even among American swimmers, he was second to the female swimmers, particularly Amanda Beard, and her fame was only briefly extended due to a Maxim spread with other female Olympians and a Playboy photo shoot. Michael Johnson was Mr. American Wonderboy a few years before for breaking some sprinting world records, but he was forgotten within a year. Dave Johnson and Dan O'Brien were on a fuck ton of McDonalds commercials and other sponsorships before their Olympics, but one flamed out and one underperformed.

Olympic performers are fads. They're good for about a year of adoration and then they're gone. They don't catch touchdowns, they don't hit homeruns, they don't drive the lane for a dunk, and they aren't in the spotlight enough for us to give a shit once the Olympics are done.

And I don't care if Phelps smokes a pound of reefer a day. Good on him if that's what gets him off. But this public hard on over the story is just the typical nonsense of building up our heroes and jerking off in ecstasy when they fuck up and get caught.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #44
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
He should sue for breach of contract.
doubt it, and if he did, he'd loose.......morals contract, and getting caught smoking weed is 'bad morals" as most see it.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #45
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I think that's ridiculouws. How many professional athletes have we known who have done the same thing and are still considered legends, heroes, and role models. Just because he was an Olympic athlete and not being paid to swim professionally he should be held to a different standard? Bullshit. It's not like he's Barry Bonds or Mark McGuire, this wasn't performance enhancing and wasn't during training. Hell, we let Lance Armstrong off the hook for suspicion of blood doping, which is a lot more serious than a picture of a bong hit. This is people wanting to pick on the kid for nothing other than a quick headline, which is all he was to the punters anyway. Let the kid go, and why pull his endorsements? Odds are most of those executives went home from the bullshit meetings deciding to fuck Micheal Phelps and fired up themselves. He should sue for breach of contract.
A lot of the guys your talking about made a name for themself before they fucked up. Michael Jordan was picked on for his gambling which I thought was stupid.

Phelps is just starting out really so everything matters.

And why pull his endorsements? "Michael's most recent behavior is not consistent with the image of Kellogg," said a rep for the company in a statement. Like I said its all about image and he just damaged that.

And isn't he 23-24? He isn't a kid anymore. Time to grow up. If you want to do stupid shit then don't do it around people. And NEVER around someone with a fucking camera. And if they try to take a picture of you doing something stupid take him out back then tell everyone how he fell down the stairs and broke his jaw.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #46
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
That's the thing though. It's all fleeting. It'll be brought up in context of the Olympics, but that's about all. In less than a year, he'll fade. Hell, he won 8 medals in the Athens Olympics in 2004, but he wasn't even the focus on that. There was more focus on Ian Thorpe. Even among American swimmers, he was second to the female swimmers, particularly Amanda Beard, and her fame was only briefly extended due to a Maxim spread with other female Olympians and a Playboy photo shoot. Michael Johnson was Mr. American Wonderboy a few years before for breaking some sprinting world records, but he was forgotten within a year. Dave Johnson and Dan O'Brien were on a fuck ton of McDonalds commercials and other sponsorships before their Olympics, but one flamed out and one underperformed.

Olympic performers are fads. They're good for about a year of adoration and then they're gone. They don't catch touchdowns, they don't hit homeruns, they don't drive the lane for a dunk, and they aren't in the spotlight enough for us to give a shit once the Olympics are done.

And I don't care if Phelps smokes a pound of reefer a day. Good on him if that's what gets him off. But this public hard on over the story is just the typical nonsense of building up our heroes and jerking off in ecstasy when they fuck up and get caught.
I still remember all those names you put out there. And you proved my point. A swimmer isn't out there as much. Most don't watch regular swimming events. So it is even MORE important to keep you shit clean. If he gets the good ads and keeps himself out there. There was talk of him being worth $100 million over his life time. They said he made $5 million last year. So I hope he didn't blow it. With the right contracts right now he wouldn't have to worry about being in the lime light past 2-5 years. He would have enough money to live well. Make some change speaking and just enjoy life. He could be seen on tv sitting front row at big sporting events just living the life.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #47
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Who the fuck cares!!

If your kid is so fucked up that seeing MP pic of him hittin a bong is going to push them into drugs. Then your kid was fucked in the first place cause you are a POS.

End of fuckin story!

people in this country need to grow a fuckin brain. Can we re-introduce common sence and being accountable for what the fuck you do.

FUCK

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #48
RACER X
AMA Supersport

kellogg and a few other sponsors cared
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.