Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #41
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
ORLY? You bust McCain's balls and you say I don't know how you voted?

BTW-I hope you enjoy being part of the Obamanation.
I bust on Obama, but my vote went to someone other than McCain.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #42
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I bust on Obama, but my vote went to someone other than McCain.
I didn't know Ron Jeremy was running.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #43
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:

gotta love ASSumptions
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #44
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I didn't know Ron Jeremy was running.
I was never a big fan... more of a Peter North fan...
Old 01-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #45
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:

I bust both their balls when it's warranted. You may be so blindly obedient to whichever party or candidate you choose that you can't see their faults, but I try to be honest with myself.

Even though you won't believe me, because you seem to have Brett's or MV's prescience for my own political inclinations, I was one of the 15,000 nationwide who stayed with Ron Paul to the bitter end. I didn't vote in the generals because he wasn't on a ballot in Louisiana and the write-in would have gone nowhere, though I supported him as best I could through the primaries. But if you are so fond of capitalism, and by inference I would guess conservatism, you might take a closer look at Congressman Paul. Maybe you can learn, by his example, what political values you're actually espousing.

It's not the pale substitute that was a McCain/Palin ticket.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #46
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
I bust both their balls when it's warranted. You may be so blindly obedient to whichever party or candidate you choose that you can't see their faults, but I try to be honest with myself.

Even though you won't believe me, because you seem to have Brett's or MV's prescience for my own political inclinations, I was one of the 15,000 nationwide who stayed with Ron Paul to the bitter end. I didn't vote in the generals because he wasn't on a ballot in Louisiana and the write-in would have gone nowhere, though I supported him as best I could through the primaries. But if you are so fond of capitalism, and by inference I would guess conservatism, you might take a closer look at Congressman Paul. Maybe you can learn, by his example, what political values you're actually espousing.

It's not the pale substitute that was a McCain/Palin ticket.
Ron Paul FTW.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #47
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Has anyone stopped to consider that Joe "the plumber", doesn't seem to do too much fucking plumbing?

How sad is that? A wannabe plumber.

Yes, let's blame "the media". Poor Joe, he just wanted to be a plumber, but he somehow got caught up in a media shitstorm, and was then forced to become a "journalist" in the middle east.

The irony of this bag of cat barf, is that Joe is likely to make enough money as a media whore, to qualify for the taxes he doesn't want to pay.

JC
Old 01-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #48
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I like how soon after people started mentioning McCain's handlers and crap, all the talks of "when Obama doesn't have his handlers he...blah blah blah"
Then you actually have a video where the guy lays out everything in plain english...whatever.

"Joe the Plumber" is a metaphor for every American that has right wing opinions and likes to pretend that they have potential to occupy the higher income brackets or run a business capable of pulling in big bucks in a sustained manner (despite having no knowledge or experience of running a real business, accounting, or tax codes )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #49
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
"Joe the Plumber" is a metaphor for every American that has right wing opinions and likes to pretend that they have potential to occupy the higher income brackets or run a business capable of pulling in big bucks in a sustained manner (despite having no knowledge or experience of running a real business, accounting, or tax codes )
Have you ever met a real business owner? Or a real Millionare? Most people who make $250,000+ run their own business like "Joe the Plumber" wants to do. Don't believe me? Go find any local redneck circle track. It'll be called __________ Speedway. There you'll find expensive race cars and high dollar trailers piloted by a bunch of backwoods rednecks who's only college experience is sneaking a bottle of Jack Daniels into a football game. But most of them run their own business and started it from the ground up. It's why for many years (Not sure if true of the past couple of years) the vehicle driven by most millionares was the Ford F-150. Which is a fucking work truck.

And how do they figure out "Accounting, Tax Codes, etc"??? Easy. While they are out digging up your septic tank or mowing your lawn, they are taking that money you hand them and paying some joker at H&R block who makes $40k a year to do it for them.

Me. I'll be in that tax bracket one day for sure (Providing Obama doesn't lower it to $15k a year). You guys can settle on never progressing but not me.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #50
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Have you ever met a real business owner? Or a real Millionare? Most people who make $250,000+ run their own business like "Joe the Plumber" wants to do. Don't believe me? Go find any local redneck circle track. It'll be called __________ Speedway. There you'll find expensive race cars and high dollar trailers piloted by a bunch of backwoods rednecks who's only college experience is sneaking a bottle of Jack Daniels into a football game. But most of them run their own business and started it from the ground up. It's why for many years (Not sure if true of the past couple of years) the vehicle driven by most millionares was the Ford F-150. Which is a fucking work truck.

And how do they figure out "Accounting, Tax Codes, etc"??? Easy. While they are out digging up your septic tank or mowing your lawn, they are taking that money you hand them and paying some joker at H&R block who makes $40k a year to do it for them.

Me. I'll be in that tax bracket one day for sure (Providing Obama doesn't lower it to $15k a year). You guys can settle on never progressing but not me.
Have I met a real business owner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote