Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #41
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
We all know why this is the case... fucking lobbys and our piss poor system of gov't! It's the same with TV. When I was overseas I was AMAZED at how much better their system is. All the large corporations "convince" congress that we must protect the status quo so they can stay in business.

Fuck,the thing that pisses me off most about our cell companies is the god damn way they get the phone manufactures to "downgrade" their phones in the U.S. so a lot of the features don't work for us. Especially fucking Wifi! Almost...nah fucking ALL smart phones are developed with WiFi capability but the carriers have it removed so they can fuck us in the ass with their piss poor "3G" bullshit networks. I'll take the "Pepsi challenge" using my PSP against any phone on 3G!

Almost all phones are GPS capable and could work like a normal GPS unit WITHOUT paying any fees. The only company that actually did that,to my knowledge was Helio. I got Google maps/satellite for no extra charge with them. It just fucking sucks to see the same phone that I have,that doesn't do shit,just about suck a guy's dick in Singapore! They made a big deal out of the AM/FM radio in my new phone...big whoop they can put a radio in an earing now a days. Shit,they've had "video calling" for YEARS overseas and we are just now getting a taste of it here. Shit,I drop calls if I get 5 miles out of town in some places! Oh and BTW it fucking blows that almost ALL channels are broadcast in HD in Japan and we are just now going digital tv! WTF!!

As happens on very rare occasion...you and I are on the same fucking page, buddy.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #42
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You can get a 7 day trial here, use your storm to link here:

http://getmobile.garmin.com/trial

Go to this blog on your storm and link over to garmin to get it for $80

http://blog.javadevelop.com/2008/12/...-less-than-80/
Thank you sir. I'm on the trial now. So far is pretty damn sweet. I didn't know they could tap into the Verizon GPS. I thought the Garmin application came with a puck that had to be plugged in. I have no real need for a GPS device, but this little setup seems well worth the 80 bucks, and the trial ends right after pay day. All my bills are paid for the month, so I can part with 80 bucks.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #43
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Thank you sir. I'm on the trial now. So far is pretty damn sweet. I didn't know they could tap into the Verizon GPS. I thought the Garmin application came with a puck that had to be plugged in. I have no real need for a GPS device, but this little setup seems well worth the 80 bucks, and the trial ends right after pay day. All my bills are paid for the month, so I can part with 80 bucks.
The Storm is one of the first Verizon phone that is truely unlocked for third party apps. The phone has a built in GPS, so it's using the phone's GPS, not VZW's. The app is pretty battery intensive, so it's good to have a car charger. I love how you can tap into your contacts and search google for POIs.

I love the weatherbug app for storm, it keeps track of where you are at using the GPS and pulls the weather for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #44
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
The Storm is one of the first Verizon phone that is truely unlocked for third party apps. The phone has a built in GPS, so it's using the phone's GPS, not VZW's. The app is pretty battery intensive, so it's good to have a car charger. I love how you can tap into your contacts and search google for POIs.

I love the weatherbug app for storm, it keeps track of where you are at using the GPS and pulls the weather for you.
I shoulda switched to Verizon and got the damn Storm.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #45
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:

What other apps are you running on your Storm? I've got FlyCast for music streaming, Opera Mini for an alternative browser to the Blackberry one (I use the BB one more, but options are nice), Soft Reset (a must for every blackberry), and TwitterBerry. I had a shitload more stuff on my Curve, but some of it just doesn't work so well on the Storm, and most of it was just shit that wasn't really necessary in the first place.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #46
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
What other apps are you running on your Storm? I've got FlyCast for music streaming, Opera Mini for an alternative browser to the Blackberry one (I use the BB one more, but options are nice), Soft Reset (a must for every blackberry), and TwitterBerry. I had a shitload more stuff on my Curve, but some of it just doesn't work so well on the Storm, and most of it was just shit that wasn't really necessary in the first place.
Let me know what else are must apps.

Right now I just have
Weatherbug
Garmin
Facebook
Myspace
AIM
Flickr
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #47
Trip
Hold mah beer!

due to my new found interest in my storm, I am optimizing the site to detect mobile device access and force you to a better style.
Quote:
Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #48
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
due to my new found interest in my storm, I am optimizing the site to detect mobile device access and force you to a better style.
That would be excellent...I think.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #49
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Let me know what else are must apps.

Right now I just have
Weatherbug
Garmin
Facebook
Myspace
AIM
Flickr
Looks like you've got the same stuff I'm using. The aforementioned Soft Reset is a must. Beyond that, it really depends on what you're looking for. If you do a lot of traveling, WorldMate has a free and pay service that helps keep track of flights, hotels, international time, and all that fun shit. I played with it a little bit on my Curve, but I haven't flown anywhere since May, so it's really of no use to me, but I can see it being a valuable asset to a constant traveler. If you want to stream stuff from your PC to your phone, I hear Orb works really well. The Storm version isn't quite up to par yet, but if you read a lot of RSS feeds, Viigo will eventually be a must have app. I used it on my Curve and Pearl previously, and tried to deal with the bugs of the beta for Storm but it wasn't worth it. But when it goes to a stable app, it's an excellent thing to have. If you get a lot of voice mails, the Visual Voicemail program is pretty nice to have. I haven't figured out if it's worth $3 a month extra, but so far I have no complaints. It's a nice little setup.

Quote:
Thank you thank you thank you. When I'm at work, the Storm is my only connection to this site (when I get the time) and there are some things that don't agree with the BB browser or Opera Mini.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #50
Trip
Hold mah beer!

first post from mobile TWFix
Quote: