Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #41
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

im sure all the sofla members remember this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambo2888 View Post
hense "accident", i understand that. and i can say, that god forbid i go, its not going to be due to rider error, it WILL be someone else's fault. there is a difference between speeding/leaning, and being wreckless.

needlessto say, there are exceptions to every situation and opinion. i think its foolish to say "everyone will go down".
Quote:
thanks, that means a lot. i cant believe someone would actually say that.

needlesstosay, i have had many EXTREMELY close calls and it was my quick assessment of escape routes and the quick processing of each moves' consequences that saved me each and every time. most riders would aimlessly swerve or yank his or her bike down, which you cant blame them, it's second nature. im not going to jinx myself and say "I'm not going down", but I am RARELY caught off guard in any situation. i have faith in my driving/riding. its not overconfidence, but its the surety that i know i can handle the stresses and potential dangers of riding.

and before im attacked, again, i know every situation has its exceptions and there WILL and ARE circumstances that would catch the best of the best off guard. so save it. however, i ride hard on a daily basis, not wreckless, just hard and smart.
Quote:
thats sits better. crashing CAN happen to anyone at anytime, but i dont think its definite that "if youre on a bike, you will go down sometime"

theres a huge diff. between defensive driving and intimidated driving. i just figure that anticipating a future wreck falls under intimidating.

and its not like this is the only place i have been the out-cast for feeling this way, so im used to it. just about every single rider i have asked in person outside this forum feels the same way as you guys, so maybe (hopefully not) one day i will learn the true meaning of the theory, but until then, i'll stick to what has been working for me.
for those of u who dont know this is my asshole roommate talking shit about the comment "there are 2 types of rides those who have gone down and those that will go down" and since this convo about 4 months ago he has gone down twice both due to rider error

not really relavant to the thread but it reminded me of it

oh and buzz if u want to bump it
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthrea...841#post123841

Last edited by JARVIS518; 12-11-2008 at 01:36 AM..
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:06 AM   #42
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Never...and I ride hard canyon riding and track plus commuted for 2.5 years 75 miles a day in LA traffic splitting lanes.

I have seen many crashes occur right in front of me though..including one death. Wasn't pretty since the gaurdrail put a big ass slice in the dude.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #43
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

*knocking on my desk*

I've never crashed yet. I've had some close calls that I've had to negotiate my way out of.

*knocking on desk some more*
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #44
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Crashed once after 4 days of riding a street bike. I was following too close and the truck/traffic in front had to lock it down...so did I and went down.
Road rash due to wearing a t-shirt and cosmetic damage to the bike.

Crashed once going too hot in a curve at dusk...hit some gravel...straightend up and went of the road into a ditch. Minor cosmetic damage and I was fine.

Got hit by a car while riding a cruiser...BAM...compound fracture of the femur...heel crushed...ankle crushed with foot turned around backwards and blowing in the wind...yep this one hurt a little. Bike was totalled.

First two doctors said to amputate at he knee because they didn't think they could save my foot. Third doctor said he thought he may be able to save it but not at that hospital so they loaded me up and took me to a 2nd hospital and I ended up going through 4 surgeries and had 2 skin graphs. Fun stuff right there !!

I remember while lying on the side of the road making a phone call to a friend to get up there and he said "well you can't be hurt that bad...you're talking to me and you're so calm". When he arrived on the scene and so me he about freaked !!

I still have my foot and leg thankyou very much.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #45
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
I remember that.

Did someone change your link or are you just techTarded?
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote