Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #41
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Wow... even more horrible than originally thought. WOW.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #42
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

WTF?

I think I'm going to load silver bullets in my gun from now on. That way if I decide to murder someone I can claim insanity because I thought they were a warewolf. Plus I'll keep a wooden stake for Vampires too. Out of the mental institution in no time and back on with my life.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #43
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
WTF?

I think I'm going to load silver bullets in my gun from now on. That way if I decide to murder someone I can claim insanity because I thought they were a warewolf. Plus I'll keep a wooden stake for Vampires too. Out of the mental institution in no time and back on with my life.
Buy some Dungeons and Dragons books. It's a cheaper insanity defence.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:36 AM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Yeah, I'd have probably shot the guy. HEAR THAT TIGGER?! i'D HAVE SHOT THE GUY WITH MY CONCEALED WEAPON! AND MCLEAN WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE ALIVE!!! Of course, I'm just trying to be a tough guy, I don't really need to carry a gun. Bet the dead guy would have liked to have one, though.

I wondered what you were talking about...Um...there was a busload of people there,any two or three of them could have stopped this if they had any balls. I could have stopped him without a gun but I guess I'm too big of a coward. Besides,it sounds as if this was a sudden attack,this guy would have already stabbed you before you even had a chance to pull. If you weren't the victim and you shot the guy,you probably wouldn't have been able to save McLean anyway. Who knows,maybe you could have,fuck in reality,for all you know a couple of the passengers may have been packing but were too afraid to actually DO anything. Anyway,it didn't take a gun to stop that shit,all that was needed were some balls!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #45
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Coulda woulda.. The day you're faced with that situation, and actually do something ill believe it. Until then, its just chest pounding and bravado...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #46
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Anyway,it didn't take a gun to stop that shit,all that was needed were some balls!
werd.

But c'mon, Ballz in Kanada? That's almost like Florida with no old people.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #47
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I wondered what you were talking about...Um...there was a busload of people there,any two or three of them could have stopped this if they had any balls. I could have stopped him without a gun but I guess I'm too big of a coward. Besides,it sounds as if this was a sudden attack,this guy would have already stabbed you before you even had a chance to pull. If you weren't the victim and you shot the guy,you probably wouldn't have been able to save McLean anyway. Who knows,maybe you could have,fuck in reality,for all you know a couple of the passengers may have been packing but were too afraid to actually DO anything. Anyway,it didn't take a gun to stop that shit,all that was needed were some balls!
It definitely was a sudden attack. The reports that I've read say that the attacker pulled his knife and stabbed the victim repeatedly. Before anyone had a clue what was going on, he was dead. All that a gun would have done in this case is eliminate the need for a trial and stop the dismemberment. It's not the best example for concealed carry.

Legal concealed carry is very rare in Canada. It exists, but the requirements make it an impossibility for the average citizen to obtain.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:56 AM   #48
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

I don't believe a gun would have saved the kids life. Sadly. It would have ended nut-bar's though, perhaps.

I wouldn't blame the other peeps on the bus for not stopping this. I've dealt with people in psychotic rages. They are unstoppable. They are frightening. With situations like that, you don't put yourself in harms way unless in self defense. The kid was beyond repair. And, there was someone that barricaded nut-job in the bus and was prepared in case he got out. (in older reports) But who knows how many older/younger people were on that bus. Certain people ride buses.... I wouldn't expect grammie to stop the violent act. I'd get them off the bus.

My only hope it that this guy doesn't get out of long term care. He'll be in lock down in some institution. No one will want him out. If he made any effort to hurt himself, I don't know who would help him.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #49
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

And one other thing...

If you want me to believe you'd face off against a psychotic man with a knife, while he has the advantage of taking you on one at a time because of the design of the bus, and all the guys behind you would do is slow you down as you're getting stabbed 15-20 times, then you're almost as crazy as he is.

It's nice that you'd have wanted to do something. I'd have wanted to do something too.. But, my e-penis isn't so big that I don't realize it would have taken chuck norris to have ended that situation without a gun.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #50
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Coulda woulda.. The day you're faced with that situation, and actually do something ill believe it. Until then, its just chest pounding and bravado...
yeah I thought about that several times... if I was on the bus what would I have done... I firmly believe i'd have done something... I nearly got stabbed in Portland when a guy pulled a knife on my friend and tried to stab him in the back... ended up with just a little cut on my side that didn't even leave a scar... and a slice on my finger that took 4 stitches...

thing is... in that situation... for me at least... it was more just reaction... I didn't think it through... and honestly... think'n about it after... it scared the shit out of me... think'n what could have happened...

but yeah ya never know what you'd do till you do it... and would I have done the same in my situation if it wasn't my friend he was going after... honestly... probably not... just wouldn't have the same protective reaction...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote