Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #41
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Eat/drink less, exercise more. Ever seen a picture of a fat prisoner at Auschwitz?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #42
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Also: the 18-19 year old kids who spend their time in the gym standing around talking with their buddies, working out maybe 15 minutes of the hour they're there, yet still sport six-pack abs, as I sweat my ass off and want to barf, really piss me off.
Yeah, when ur a buck fifty and skinny you ABS show. Who woulda guessed...

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #43
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I've lost 32 pounds since July 24 of this year.

I did it simply by eating right, but not at all by eating less. As a matter of fact I eat more now than ever.

I didn't set OUT to lose weight, it was a secondary benefit to getting healthier.

At 36 I didn't want to die like so many in my family.....diabetes, heart attacks, cancer...etc and after years of KNOWING that I was eating poorly a friend finally pushed me over the edge. At 32 he tried to get life insurance for his family but was denied due to weight (350 pounds at 6’-4”) and he found a healthy solution to his weight and eating......

For 6 weeks I ate VEGAN (something I never EVER saw me EVER doing) but it worked wonders for me.....
Good that you lost all that weight and good you have changed your diet around instead of just "eating less". You should exercise though to keep the cardiovascular system strong.

Vegan bb's are a rare breed. Also, I've read some studies on certain effects of targeting your diet around soy based proteins. The studies didn't favor that approach all too much.

Remember, there is nothing wrong with meat. Clogged arteries are the result of triglycerides from carbs mixed with chloestrol from animal fats. You can eat fats all day long and have squeaky clean arteries.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #44
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
I don't want to build muscle; at least, not in the sense that I want bigger muscles. I want to cut fat and increase definition.

My wife consumes more calories than I do, loves fried and processed foods, and weighs 95 pounds. Fairly toned, too, especially in the midsection. She doesn't exercise. The only justice to be found here is that although she looks like she works out, she can't climb a flight of stairs without getting winded or lift anything weighing much more than 30 pounds.
Write down everything she eats for 1 week. I'd love to see what the actual caloric intake numbers come in as. Alot of people toute these claims, but when all said and done they really aren't eating squat.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #45
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Is lack of sex the reason you're in such great shape?

Also: I don't understand most of what you just said.
If lack of sex and slimfast makes you skinny and in great shape then why isn't my husband?
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #46
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Write down everything she eats for 1 week. I'd love to see what the actual caloric intake numbers come in as. Alot of people toute these claims, but when all said and done they really aren't eating squat.
Agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #47
CasterTroy

Quote:
You should exercise though to keep the cardiovascular system strong.
I JUST started 2 weeks ago...but with all this going on with Brian's accident..it derailed it for a bit.

Picking back up from the beginning on the P90X tonight

Quote:
Remember, there is nothing wrong with meat.
Several cardiologists would argue that statement....but I'm not a cardiologist, nor a vegan. I ate that way for 7 weeks....and it wasn't bad.

I will partake in red meat, and plenty of fish…but doubtful I’ll ever eat chicken again after educating myself on the growth process of most commercial chicken farms. Kinda like finding out what goes into hot-dogs….you’re FINE until you hear about WTF are IN THEM and what’s ALLOWED in them (DOH) and I certainly won’t ever be eating cheese again. Even though it was my absolute favorite.

These are MY choices, and I’m not about to tell anyone ELSE how to eat based on what I FEEL. This is my opinion and if you want reasoning I can give it to you…but I’m certainly not qualified to debate the whys and hard facts about different food groups or types.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #48
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I JUST started 2 weeks ago...but with all this going on with Brian's accident..it derailed it for a bit.

Picking back up from the beginning on the P90X tonight

Several cardiologists would argue that statement....but I'm not a cardiologist, nor a vegan. I ate that way for 7 weeks....and it wasn't bad.

I will partake in red meat, and plenty of fish…but doubtful I’ll ever eat chicken again after educating myself on the growth process of most commercial chicken farms. Kinda like finding out what goes into hot-dogs….you’re FINE until you hear about WTF are IN THEM and what’s ALLOWED in them (DOH) and I certainly won’t ever be eating cheese again. Even though it was my absolute favorite.

These are MY choices, and I’m not about to tell anyone ELSE how to eat based on what I FEEL. This is my opinion and if you want reasoning I can give it to you…but I’m certainly not qualified to debate the whys and hard facts about different food groups or types.
As I said previously, meat alone is not the problem...the actual problem is carbohydrates. They fuck with insulin levels and contain triglycerides. Without triglycerides, plaque cannot stick to the sides of the arteries. You see this in Eskimos who take in large amounts of animal fats, but have clean as a whistle arteries.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #49
zippychickie636
Street Stunter

Moto: 2005 zx6r (636)

slim fast is not really a good meal replacement shake..you should try supplementing your meals with low calorie high protein shakes...they taste like fucking garbage but usually you only have to drink like 3 oz. of hell and then it really helps control appetite and it gives you added protein for your workouts so you can reap more muscular benefits lol but no really...its tru
zippychickie636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #50
CasterTroy

Quote:
You see this in Eskimos who take in large amounts of animal fats, but have clean as a whistle arteries.
Is that why they have a life expectancy of less than 35 yrs?

I know I know....conditions, accidents, and enviroment