Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #41
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I read the book on the McQueen/Mongols infiltration, I actually have it here. And saw the show you talked about. Great stuff. Theres a whole series on different gangs.

and, Maurice 'Mom' Boucher, one of the most violent, ambitious, and evil men ever to walk Canadian soil.
Thats the guy,those were some good shows on the biker gangs. I guess some of its because its TV. Its like how my fiancee wont watch Er, House or any other hosptial shows becasue I pick them apart and find all the inaacuracies

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #42
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
One crazy dude right there.
That DEA agent that became a full patch Mongol member is fucking insane! Good story though.

Before I met my wife I was with the same girl for like 4 years, raised her son, lived together, all that stuff. Well her ex-husband hated me and happened to be the son of the local chapter president of the Bandidos.

I carried a gun with me everywhere I went for obvious reasons. I got some threats, but nothing ever happened.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #43
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
I find it entertaining. but yeah these guys are a little too smart, and a little to good looking. Hell give Jax a shave and a haircut and he could be at a country club tomorrow.

Besides if it were more 'true to life' who the hell would want to watch it? there would be no entertainment because most of what they do would make the average person sick to their stomach
Yup! When I pointed out how unrealistic it is - it was pointed out to me that BG and Lost aren't terribly realistic either! Besides I'm not sure any actor can dumb themselves down that far for it to be realistic.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #44
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
That DEA agent that became a full patch Mongol member is fucking insane! Good story though.

Before I met my wife I was with the same girl for like 4 years, raised her son, lived together, all that stuff. Well her ex-husband hated me and happened to be the son of the local chapter president of the Bandidos.

I carried a gun with me everywhere I went for obvious reasons. I got some threats, but nothing ever happened.
The show made it look like he was almost going to become one of them full time he so bought into the lifestyle. Problem is it destroys their personal life because of the time commitments involved. I think his wife left him and took the kids and I think similar things happened with the guy who was donnie brasco.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #45
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

I watch it for Jax. Call me shallow.

He's hawt!

Don't care about the realism or whatever, it's pure entertainment.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #46
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Besides I'm not sure any actor can dumb themselves down that far for it to be realistic.

None of the actors on primetime today anyway. But that says nothing of their intelligence, just their acting skills.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #47
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
I watch it for Jax. Call me shallow.

He's hawt!

Don't care about the realism or whatever, it's pure entertainment.
Shallow is OK dear.. The only good Jean Claude Van Damme movies are the ones where he takes his shirt off!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #48
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
The show made it look like he was almost going to become one of them full time he so bought into the lifestyle. Problem is it destroys their personal life because of the time commitments involved. I think his wife left him and took the kids and I think similar things happened with the guy who was donnie brasco.

Tom

Ya, I read that his family life went to shit, and his kids still arent too thrilled about what he put them through, and he doesnt have a relationship with. But as deep in as he got, he never actually did anything totally illegal. He was a good cop in a bad situation.

Joe Pistone on the other hand, did a lot of fucked up shit that he shouldn't have, that was never portrayed in the movie. The guys personal life didnt go to shit because of his job, but because of things he shouldnt have done while doing his job.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #49
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

He would have to be I would imagine !!

The guys I met through my sister were all higher ranking guys for this part of the country fortunately so none of the other guys gave me any crap...don't get me wrong though...I didn't give them reason to. I used to go into one of the bars they owned and they would have prospects mixing me drinks and having me grade them and if it wasn't right they'd give them chit. That was all in fun but it was a trip to say the least.

I rode with a small group of them to Myrtle Beach one year...never again though. They were NOT wearing their colors on this ride.

When I had a bad accident they offered to do a benefit run for me but I politely declined...since I work in a white collar world and didn't want the connection made.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #50
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post

this is charlie (jax) in hooligan with the shave
doesnt look like the country club type to me
You're right... He looks like he should be off playing soccer.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote