Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
To be fair Karl, whens the last time you heard the word used to describe anything but blacks?

Pig can mean a lot of things too, but when I say it, im usually talking about cops. (For the food, I usually use the PC name, pork!)
That's what makes this so much fun for me. I love reading all of these bs reasons why it's okay for white people to call black people niggers. Hahahahaha!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I never said that either tig. I said if you can, I can.

If I'm standing by and you call your neighbour, "my nigger" prepare to be insulted because its suddenly going to slip into my vocabulary.

Another fine example, I drove one of my friends to the "black" grocery store. His term, not mine. So, I was pointing out the black coffee shops, black gas station, black stop sign when he realized I was just showing him how dumb he sounded referring to it as the "black" store because its near a black neighbourhood.

But, you did say it was ok for you to say nigger because you're black. You've said it several times in this thread. And you then said it is not ok for me because I'm white.

If you would like, ill gladly quote you when I get to my pc to show you..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I never said that either tig. I said if you can, I can.

If I'm standing by and you call your neighbour, "my nigger" prepare to be insulted because its suddenly going to slip into my vocabulary.

Another fine example, I drove one of my friends to the "black" grocery store. His term, not mine. So, I was pointing out the black coffee shops, black gas station, black stop sign when he realized I was just showing him how dumb he sounded referring to it as the "black" store because its near a black neighbourhood.

But, you did say it was ok for you to say nigger because you're black. You've said it several times in this thread. And you then said it is not ok for me because I'm white.

If you would like, ill gladly quote you when I get to my pc to show you..
Your post,

"Its not based solely off of rappers. Stop being willfully obtuse.

You just said it was ok for you and not ok for me.

Why is that? Am I a minority now? If so, I would like some preferential treatment please. "

And now you're saying it again, I never said any of that. I said that it's a matter of "context"... You seem to think that if Lil' Wayne or whomever uses the word nigger, that it's okay for you to call every black person on the planet a nigger. I also said that many black people have taken the word and embraced it. I never said that it was "okay" but I will state that even if that is true, it doesn't give you the "right" to call me a nigger. Seriously, I don't care if every other black person on the planet turns to the black person next to them and uses the word, it doesn't make it "acceptable" for you to call me one, period.

If your friends choose to allow you to play these racial word games with them, that is their prerogative. I doubt that if you were on a public bus and one black guy referred to the other as "my nigger" that you would spend the rest of the trip calling them niggers to their faces...
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

MLK day FTW!!

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
MLK day FTW!!
I know right? Hahahaha!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Slightly back on topic.
Where Tom works, even black people are racist against black people. And Koreans...and Russians....and Spanish people...and Chinese.
It a sub-culture there that just invites others to point and say "You sir do not qualify as my equal....asshole"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Slightly back on topic.
Where Tom works, even black people are racist against black people. And Koreans...and Russians....and Spanish people...and Chinese.
It a sub-culture there that just invites others to point and say "You sir do not qualify as my equal....asshole"
Sure, sure, trust me I totally understand that but am I the only one that's noticed that most if not all of his "stupid people at work" threads are about black people? Do you mean to say that no other type of "stupid people" go to the hospital where he works? I know how easy it is to get biased against a certain group if you deal primarily with their more ignorant members from day to day. Just ask any police officer in the hood how he feels about minorities...
Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Sure, sure, trust me I totally understand that but am I the only one that's noticed that most if not all of his "stupid people at work" threads are about black people? Do you mean to say that no other type of "stupid people" go to the hospital where he works? I know how easy it is to get biased against a certain group if you deal primarily with their more ignorant members from day to day. Just ask any police officer in the hood how he feels about minorities...
If its where I think it is...
His numbers work out.

don't get me wrong.

I think there are plenty of open and closet racist on this board. I just don't think there is enough evidence to lump Tom in the same category.
When you work in emergency service such a s med\fire\law enforcement in NYC, you see crap that just leads to words coming out of your mouth that could sound racist or offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer

Last edited by pauldun170; 01-18-2010 at 01:39 PM..
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
If its where I think it is...
His numbers work out.

don't get me wrong.

I think there are plenty of open and closet racist on this board. I just don't think there is enough evidence to lump Tom in the same category.
When you work in emergency service such a s med\fire\law enforcement in NYC, you see crap that just leads to words coming out of your mouth that could sound racist or offensive.
I definitely agree with this statement! I actually don't think that Tommy is actively racist but I think that he is becoming somewhat biased because of his work situation. Again, I support his right to dislike anyone that he chooses, for any reasons that he chooses. Seriously.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #10
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I definitely agree with this statement! I actually don't think that Tommy is actively racist but I think that he is becoming somewhat biased because of his work situation. Again, I support his right to dislike anyone that he chooses, for any reasons that he chooses. Seriously.
Everybody is racist to some degree weather or not they realize it.