Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-01-2008, 07:57 AM   #41
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKat View Post
Around here we have several fairly big riding clubs geared mostly toward SB riders...they all ride Gixxers, Ninja's, Busa's, R1's etc...and it's funny, not a one of them ever does anything besides go to the track and work on the 1/4 mile times. You can always tell the riding club guys because they have a nice big flat spot in the middle of their rear tire from all the burnouts and they all have atleast 3 inches of chicken strips on their tires. The kids around here look up to these guys and they ( the clubs) are the ones speeding, doing wheelies in the streets, weaving in and out of traffic and what not. ugh, what a way to send the wrong message to new riders...
Street Kings?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #42
zerioustt
i like titties

This thread is gay....

Everyone in here was a noob at one point. Not everyone is pro riders out of the womb like most of you guys..lol. Get off your high horses
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #43
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
This thread is gay....

Everyone in here was a noob at one point. Not everyone is pro riders out of the womb like most of you guys..lol. Get off your high horses
Who the fuck are you?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #44
zerioustt
i like titties

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Who the fuck are you?
Under my name it says squid....yeup that's me.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #45
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
This thread is gay....

true... but what we're talking about is the volume of new riders... how it's going to effect us as established riders... not putting down every new rider for being a noob...

I for one think it'll be nice to have a larger collective voice... but worry that the majority of the "noobies" are going to do nothing but hurt... or further tarnish the image of motorcyclists... mainly sportbikers by riding under dressed and under trained.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #46
zerioustt
i like titties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
true... but what we're talking about is the volume of new riders... how it's going to effect us as established riders... not putting down every new rider for being a noob...

I for one think it'll be nice to have a larger collective voice... but worry that the majority of the "noobies" are going to do nothing but hurt... or further tarnish the image of motorcyclists... mainly sportbikers by riding under dressed and under trained.
the image is as tarnished as its going to get imo, it sucks but it is what it is. its the same with everything in this world..the newer generation of kids keep getting worse and worse as a whole. its not just bikers, its cars, sports, and just general morals. im glad i grew up when i did and my parents kicked my ass enough to put some fear in me as a kid.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #47
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I dissagree... the image can be tarnished further... there are still some people who don't give me that side ways look when I say I ride...

I fear that a mass influx of ignorant riders will just bring down harsher legislation and make it harder for me to ride legaly when the ignorant riders who CAUSED the harsher legislation did so by not obeying the laws as is.... ya know?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #48
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
I dissagree... the image can be tarnished further... there are still some people who don't give me that side ways look when I say I ride...

I fear that a mass influx of ignorant riders will just bring down harsher legislation and make it harder for me to ride legaly when the ignorant riders who CAUSED the harsher legislation did so by not obeying the laws as is.... ya know?
Very good point....but such is the case with most legislation. All it does is hurt the ones who obey laws. Like gun control.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #49
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

some guy started shit with my roomate the other day in the middle of rt 70 just cause we were on bikes. nearly ended up being a fistfight. cant get much worse than that IMO
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #50
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
This thread is gay....

Thats not what the guys here are saying..... First of all, us riders who take this seriously are sick of your posers asses out there doing stupid ass things on the street giving us who ride with common sense a bad name. Flip flops, A &f shorts and shirt and any other preppy, daddy's money spoiled piece of shit stuck up loser stuff you may have. We a jacket with proper boots, and a helmet to hold in what little brains you have when you crash from trying to impress that chick with the bottle blonde hair that probably has less clothes and brains then you.... Yeah, really impressive......
I think I speak for alot of people on here when I say..... I really don't think your that cool if that's how you wanna ride.
I honestly think that state laws should be changed to having to present your motorcycle endorsement with any purchase of a motorcycle.... Even private sales... Yes, I understand that alot of people would just go around it but to legally posses the title of a private sale or to buy one in a stealership, I understand that some people might want to just go in and take the test at the DMV or wherever your state does it, but if you haven't done that, you have to provide proof that you took the MSF.... IMO, something has to be done to better educate those out there riding.

Last edited by comonboys; 08-02-2008 at 11:06 AM..
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote