Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

View Poll Results: Which bike should I buy?
Honda CBR600RR 6 31.58%
Suzuki GSX-R 600 7 36.84%
Yamaha R6 5 26.32%
Kawasaki ZX-6R 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #41
serp16
Sausage King of Chicago

Moto: 08 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
He knows cause he cosigned for my original SV because I had never had any credit, I always lived debt free before the SV. Used it to build up my credit.
...that's because you were still living with yo Momma.

...oh wait, that was me.

...I'm also talking to nobody cause he's at the rally.

LaLaLaLaLaLa
serp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:49 AM   #42
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

meh, i liked kawi till i bought a honda...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:50 AM   #43
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I thought you still liked your kawi
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:04 AM   #44
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i would love another kawi 636 or zx10, but the honda is a higher quality bike, perfer a track kawi & street daily driver honda

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #45
t-homo
WSB Champion

One of my good friends got an 02 zx6r on saturday. Loves it as a first impression.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #46
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
One of my good friends got an 02 zx6r on saturday. Loves it as a first impression.
tell him to get the 4* ignition advance... it'll help the throttle responce. but either way under 25 the throttle is gonna act like an on/off switch.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #47
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Ya really cannot go wrong with any of the abovementioned bikes. All of them are good, solid (brilliant, really) performers.

After 30 some-odd years of riding I4's I experienced both a brilliant triple (Triumph) and a great Vtwin (Ducati). On my own personal bikes (I still traffic in any type of bike) I won't consider the I4s anymore. But then, I'm old,and you young folks are impressed by horsepower, and the 600 I4's make it in buckets. I like flexible and relaxed, and the I4's aren't.

I am sure that any of you young types could whup me arse on comparable bikes on the track. But I don't ride the track anymore. I ride the streets and highways where I seldom see the far side of the tach. I want bottom end and mid-range grunt.... all that top end rush gets for me is more points.

Don't get me wrong; push come to shove, if the only thing to ride is a Jap 4, by God I'll ride it. They are strong, fast and almost indestructable.

But just like the mid-eighties UJM's, they have become so alike that the differences are nearly meaningless. Some photoshop artist should take four side photos of this year's sportbike offerings from the big four and fill the fairings in in black and set them all side by side and you won't see a gnats difference among them. I was on a ride recently where we hopped from bike to bike (yes, it's considered bad form to drop someone else's bike) and I got to sample several of the latest and greatest from the big four, and to be honest with you, they pretty much all felt the same. Not one stood out. At least not to my old bones........

As someone else here said (quite insightfully, I might add) buy what gives you a stiffy. But just don't rule out the rest till you've had a chance to try them.

I once found a Triumph triple for a friend, and I had constantly made fun of his prediliction for things British,(kinda like Marko and his damn Buell) but after riding it to him a couple hundred miles over the back roads of West Virginny, I DID NOT want to give that bike up; and I SELDOM get emotional over most of the bikes I deal with.

My first exposure to Ducati was with a nearly giveaway ST2 Duc the owner got frustrated with because it ran poorly (water in the gas tank). My plan was to fix it and get rid of it, 'till I made the mistake of taking it on a blast up through the mountains, and I got hooked on the solid yet relaxed feel and absolutely left a group of riders on faster bikes in my dust. I kept that bike for three years and rode the wheels off of it, hard bags and all. Ya just never know what really will flip your trigger...........

Have fun in your search.

Last edited by OTB; 06-08-2008 at 09:16 PM..
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #48
t-homo
WSB Champion

Listen to this man. He knows all.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #49
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Ya really cannot go wrong with any of the abovementioned bikes. All of them are good, solid (brilliant, really) performers.

After 30 some-odd years of riding I4's I experienced both a brilliant triple (Triumph) and a great Vtwin (Ducati). On my own personal bikes (I still traffic in any type of bike) I won't consider the I4s anymore. But then, I'm old,and you young folks are impressed by horsepower, and the 600 I4's make it in buckets. I like flexible and relaxed, and the I4's aren't.

I am sure that any of you young types could whup me arse on comparable bikes on the track. But I don't ride the track anymore. I ride the streets and highways where I seldom see the far side of the tach. I want bottom end and mid-range grunt.... all that top end rush gets for me is more points.

Don't get me wrong; push come to shove, if the only thing to ride is a Jap 4, by God I'll ride it. They are strong, fast and almost indestructable.

But just like the mid-eighties UJM's, they have become so alike that the differences are nearly meaningless. Some photoshop artist should take four side photos of this year's sportbike offerings from the big four and fill the fairings in in black and set them all side by side and you won't see a gnats difference among them. I was on a ride recently where we hopped from bike to bike (yes, it's considered bad form to drop someone else's bike) and I got to sample several of the latest and greatest from the big four, and to be honest with you, they pretty much all felt the same. Not one stood out. At least not to my old bones........

As someone else here said (quite insightfully, I might add) buy what gives you a stiffy. But just don't rule out the rest till you've had a chance to try them.

I once found a Triumph triple for a friend, and I had constantly made fun of his prediliction for things British,(kinda like Marko and his damn Buell) but after riding it to him a couple hundred miles over the back roads of West Virginny, I DID NOT want to give that bike up; and I SELDOM get emotional over most of the bikes I deal with.

My first exposure to Ducati was with a nearly giveaway ST2 Duc the owner got frustrated with because it ran poorly (water in the gas tank). My plan was to fix it and get rid of it, 'till I made the mistake of taking it on a blast up through the mountains, and I got hooked on the solid yet relaxed feel and absolutely left a group of riders on faster bikes in my dust. I kept that bike for three years and rode the wheels off of it, hard bags and all. Ya just never know what really will flip your trigger...........

Have fun in your search.
The Buell is yours to ride when we meet up here soon. You'll love it too.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #50
serp16
Sausage King of Chicago

Moto: 08 600RR
Default Yay!

I bought a new bike....(see original message)

LaLaLaLaLaLa
serp16 is offline   Reply With Quote