NO none of my cars fit in the garage 10 25.00%
all my cars fit in the garage 17 42.50%
1 of my cars fit in the garage 7 17.50%
WTF is a garage 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #41
Destitute
Canyon Carver

If you need more garage space, there's a place for sale down the street with a 12-stall garage.

My car and bike fit with plenty of extra space in a deep 2-car garage.
Destitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #42
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I don't fault him for the way he feels.....he's EXACTLY like my best friend who is JUST as passionate about not conforming to an HOA. As a matter of fact the WHOLE time he was helping me move he was ranting about how he would walk up to any member of the HOA and piss on their front yard in protest to such stupid rules He kept telling me he would never live in a neighborhood with so many "rules"

Thats why he chose to buy a house out in the county away from everyone.

He pee's off his back porch while shooting crows in his boxers just what he prefers....and frankly, as much as I love the bastard I wouldn't want him living next to me....it's be like Clark Griswold living next to Cousin Eddie
That would totally be me, if I didn't have my wife. I would probably buy a huge lot, put a trailer on it and then build a garage bigger that the trailer for working on all my bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
My last neighborhood had strict HOA's rules and everyone was always in everyone else's business. Had a pool, tennis courts, etc etc and the people there acted like complete jerks to each other. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Now I live in a neighborhood with no more than 15 houses and no lot smaller than an acre. We have loose 'rules' and no HOA association. Everyone keeps their yards nice and we've had very few issues.

In BOTH neighborhood's the owners of the biggest houses were the most 'ghetto' or 'white trash' of the entire neighborhood. Money doesn't buy class.

Why do houses have driveways? For their cars of course!
Yeah, I feel your pain. Where my parents live now is a lot like that first neighborhood. We don't live in a poor neighborhood by any means, but we found a nice one without that many rules. There is one crazy lady that works for the developer that doesn't like me. I was terrorizing the neighbors with my fiddy and jumping curbs and shit and she started chasing me in her BMW. When I let her catch me, she saw I was an adult and left without talking to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 04-27-2009 at 10:36 AM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #43
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That would totally be me, if I didn't have my wife. I would probably buy a huge lot, put a trailer on it and then build a garage bigger that the trailer for working on all my bikes.

That would be David!! Except he would build an 8 car garage with a small loft over it 20 miles off the nearest road
Old 04-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #44
MILK
The cows want you dead.

I've told this story a bazillion times.. In the HOA neighborhood I was walking my dog. I always carried baggies with me (a 'rule') even though I never allowed her in anyone's yard - and I still don't. I don't let my dogs even pee in other people's yards.

Anyway, I'm walking my dog ON THE SIDEWALK and this woman I've never laid eyes on yells out to me, "I hope you clean up after your doggie!" I yelled back, " I hope you mind your own BLEEPING business lady!!"
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #45
shmike
Follower

Quote:
My last neighborhood had strict HOA's rules and everyone was always in everyone else's business. Had a pool, tennis courts, etc etc and the people there acted like complete jerks to each other. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Now I live in a neighborhood with no more than 15 houses and no lot smaller than an acre. We have loose 'rules' and no HOA association. Everyone keeps their yards nice and we've had very few issues.
I grew up in a neighborhood like the one you live in now.

I have been trying to find something like that where I live now with little luck.

I have found two such places but unfortunately for me, the owners know that what they have is precious and hard to find.

You'll pay almost double to buy in these neighborhoods than the hoity-toity (sp?) gated places down the street.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #46
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

People worried about cars in the driveway, lol.........I'd be more worried about having a house that looks the same as every other house in the development......ugh

Last edited by Homeslice; 04-27-2009 at 10:48 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #47
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I grew up in a neighborhood like the one you live in now.

I have been trying to find something like that where I live now with little luck.

I have found two such places but unfortunately for me, the owners know that what they have is precious and hard to find.

You'll pay almost double to buy in these neighborhoods than the hoity-toity (sp?) gated places down the street.
There's one for sale in my neighboorhood right now! 3,000 square foot house with a pool. Come on in! It will go fast - not many folks here have sold but when they have they've been gone in less than 6 months.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #48
shmike
Follower

Quote:
There's one for sale in my neighboorhood right now! 3,000 square foot house with a pool. Come on in! It will go fast - not many folks here have sold but when they have they've been gone in less than 6 months.
Sounds perfect.

The commute would be a bit rough though.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #49
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That doesn't sound like that small of the house, over 2500 sq ft?
cant remember the number. Its on the member map so you can check it out via google streets if youd like
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #50
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

we bought our house with a 2 car garage. We finished it out - sheetrock, insulation, etc and now it's a 17 bike garage and the cars stay outside. we would have cars outside regardless, we have 4 cars that get driven on a regular basis. But we also have 2 driveways (we live on a corner and our detached garage faces one street while our house with the old driveway (converted garage) faces the other street). So no street parking.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote