Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #31
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Probably the worst pain was when my broken clavicle wasn't healing and the broken bone ends would jam together. I'd call that an 8 or 9, and it was 5-7 otherwise.
When I had rotator cuff surgery, in post op I think I got 4 2.5mg shots of morphines before they told me I couldn't have anymore. They did make me eat a percocet before I could leave, as well as graham crackers and coke which made me sick later.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #32
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Childbirth with the first one is probably the most pain I've ever been in. It was not only intense but lasted for HOURS! (36 hours of labor).

Next was probably when I sprain my foot in two places at the same time...both where severe. The ER doc told me it probably wouldn't have hurt so much if I had broken my foot. They gave me something immediately because I was crying so hard and after that I was fine.

I've fractured my arm and never knew it.

When I cut my foot and leg open, I didn't feel much, although the ER gave me a loratab 7.5 for it. I think they did it in attempt to chill me out so I'd stop poking at the meat that was hanging out.

Most times I ignore pain. If I ignore it....it goes away.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #33
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

I've done some pretty good accidents in my day and it's always the pain after the initial pain that gets me.

The best two that I can remember are when I ripped all the ligaments in my knee. I wish I'd just have broken it 'cuz the pain would wake me at night and it was horrible. I think a break would've been less painful. I was in a cast for 6 months on that leg while it healed. The day that cast came off, I took like 5 steps in the doctors office, we heard a snap and this pain shot through my other leg. I had snapped my Achilles tendon in my other leg. Guess it was worn out. So I got a cast on that leg before I left the office. One whole year on crutches.

The other pain I can remember real well was a couple years ago when I ripped my shin open with a weed wacker. The weed wacker had those plastic rods in it (weed thrasher rods), not the regular weed wacker wire. Well, the initial injury was horrendous looking (It looked as if someone had taken a tennis ball and shoved it under my skin), bloody and gorey. But it was the pain that would come after that that actually made me cry (and I don't really cry when I hurt myself). If I sat for a little while, when I went to stand up, all the blood would rush down to the wound and it felt as if someone were jamming hundreds of ice picks into my leg. That pain was unbearable. I used to stand there crying for 3-4 minutes before I could walk on that leg. And that happened every time I went to stand. it was bad.

Sadly, I'm allergic to all the good pain meds too. Sucks.

Now, how do I judge pain? Not like I used to. With the pain my husband has every day since his accident and he NEVER complains, I've learned to really tone it down a notch. The 3rd degree burn I have on my leg right now... I'd say that was a leve 4 pain. But to others it may be higher on the pain scale.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #34
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Having bone marrow sucked out of my hip, was probably the highest on the scale, followed by sticking my finger into a running car fan, and falling hands down onto a hot grill (liver and onions).

Having my right thigh crushed by a swingarm was also bad, but I HATE liver and onions.

JC
"How would you like your Jesus?"

"Medium. Hold the liver."

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #35
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
and falling hands down onto a hot grill (liver and onions).

I broke my fall once by goin' hands first onto the lid of a hot bar-b-que. Burnt the palms of my hands and for months they smelled like bar-b-que.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #36
Rider
Moto GP Star

I've always wanted to burn the palms of my hands. I'd go straight to sperm donor clinic with my hands all taped up and ask for a little nursing assistance.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #37
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Yeh the pain scale don't work for me. I can break a bone and have it poking through the skin and it really doesn't hurt, but give me a paper cut and I'm laying on the floor crying like a baby
Old 06-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #38
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

I've broken a lot of bones and had some dislocations of different things. I've roadrashed and burned myself pretty nicely a couple times too. All that hurt pretty bad but probably not what I would consider higher than a 5 or 6 on the scale. The worst ever was my appendix right before it was yanked out. Docs said another half hour and it would have blown up. That felt like a red hot poker being twisted in my gut and even then it was nowhere near what I would consider a 10...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #39
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Probably the best explanation ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as4U1AlUhso
Old 06-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #40
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
hands first onto the lid of a hot bar-b-que.
Sorry, totally lost concentration there for a second.

So there you were, bent over the bar-b-que, then what happened?

JC