Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Make it GM
and when it breaks down.... make it Toyota

Quote:
He's moving to Portland...pay attention. LOL

Method congrads...I don't know wtf people see in NYC, but Portland is 10 times better IMO.
ehh I don't think you can compare NYC and Portland. that's like compairing lake Michigan to the Pacific. too different animals.

I love Portland though... big enough to have just about anything you wanna do... (cept maybe concerts.... but they're getting better) but small enough that the people are still genuinely friendly and you're not (or I wasn't) worried about being down town after dark (there are a couple places I'd avoid)
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #32
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
He's moving to Portland...pay attention. LOL

Method congrads...I don't know wtf people see in NYC, but Portland is 10 times better IMO.
Thanks man - both cities have their individual draws to them - I love the food, theatre and culture of NYC, and love the personality and outdoorsy stuff of Ptl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
and when it breaks down.... make it Toyota

ehh I don't think you can compare NYC and Portland. that's like compairing lake Michigan to the Pacific. too different animals.

I love Portland though... big enough to have just about anything you wanna do... (cept maybe concerts.... but they're getting better) but small enough that the people are still genuinely friendly and you're not (or I wasn't) worried about being down town after dark (there are a couple places I'd avoid)

I always liken portland to what Seattle was 15-20 years ago before it got huge and irritating. It has all the best of each of the worlds - great food, good music, good art, easy access to the mountains.

I missed the NW and am glad to be coming home.

Oh and 101 - hell no I'm not buying GM. lol Sorry bud.

ETA: Sorry for hijacking your thread Tom! I'm still not gonna help you move

Last edited by Method; 05-14-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #33
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

alright I'm in, I'll bring my truck, well as long as you pick up the gas tab that is..

Oh and I aint moving any snakes. LOL

seriously would love to help but there is that whole I live in BFE kind of thing going.

BTW sounds like you win the award for having the biggest jackass landlord ever. any chance you could get a hold of a straight jacket. Just call him over while you're holding it and I've been meaning to talk to you.

Maybe you need to park a few dozen bikes in the driveway. Funny how that seems to make people very nervous.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #34
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
After meeting you, I really cant picture you hurting anyone, youre so nice and sweet, like a big teddy bear...
Try hiding his beer sometime. Or his bike. The other Tommy comes out REAL fast! We learned the hard way at another rally a few years ago. His eyes glaze over and he turns a slight shade of green.

Sorry Tommy, can't help ya move either. Just have Karen do all the heavy lifting!

Are you going to leave the LL a little present in your appartment before you lock the door one last time?
Old 05-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #35
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

heck if you really need help and fly me in I would love to help.
I can't lift heavy, but i can push stuff around and carry small stuff.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #36
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

I'd help but I'm too far away and you have a snake. YUCK!
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #37
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Heres his latest game, he shut the heat off and blames me for breaking it by playing with the thermostat. Funny thing is this all occured while I was away at the rally. hes made no attempt at fixing this alleged problem. Hes usualy very paranoid about the oil burner since it was on its last leg many years ago. So now we will call the county to complain about it. Its still dropping into the 40's at night so it does get a bit chilly. He also wants his cable box back so he will get that after we get the heat back on.

Looking like it will be a real fun month here. I need a few more ideas just to make his life hell. Our parting shots will be reporting him to the county for his illegal set up.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:01 AM   #38
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Heres his latest game, he shut the heat off and blames me for breaking it by playing with the thermostat.
Well then you'll just have to build a fire.

In the living room.

JC