Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #31
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
When the fuck is Verizon going to actually update the OS?

I haven't felt like upgrading since I figured BB wouldn't dick me around this long.
It's tough to believe that Verizon keeps selling them with .75 as the default OS....well, actually, it's NOT all that hard to believe given the level of corporate greed in America....but the Storm is a piece of shit out of the box.

It's a great device if/when it's functioning as intended...but they've got some SERIOUS fucking work to do in order to make the OS stable and reliable.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #32
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I think they're still gunshy about putting out an official OS after being torn apart about the shit quality of the release OS. They need to do something. .75 is better than the crap that it started with, but the rest of the world are officially on .122. They could also be holding off until after WES in order to roll out 5.0, or waiting for all the BES/BIS upgrades to be done and functioning with minimal problems, or some combo of the two. All just wild guesses of course.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #33
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

I wiped the device last night....and re-installed .141. I'm using the default theme with no apps for now....to stress test it.

If it is more stable in this "base" configuration, I can then begin to add themes and apps. I'll add new components one at a time and see which, if any, cause stability issues.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #34
Corey
AMA Supersport

I think I'm going back to an earlier beta. The push email randomly stops delivering about once to twice a day and takes a battery pull to get going again, and now my signal strength blows.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #35
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Nice. The corporate environment tends to shy away from the Storm, sticking with the older models. Depending on their carrier and what security they're trying to keep, it'd probably be an 83xx or an 88xx.
I dont think it's a storm...maybe the curve. Who cares...the generous taxpayers of Pennsylvania will be footing the bill.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #36
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I dont think it's a storm...maybe the curve. Who cares...the generous taxpayers of Pennsylvania will be footing the bill.
There's not a thing wrong with the Curve. It's an excellent phone, especially if it's free. It's a fucking tank that takes a beating and has kick ass battery life as well. If it's a Verizon or Sprint phone, it's got the added bonus of solid 3G service as well.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #37
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
There's not a thing wrong with the Curve. It's an excellent phone, especially if it's free. It's a fucking tank that takes a beating and has kick ass battery life as well. If it's a Verizon or Sprint phone, it's got the added bonus of solid 3G service as well.
Now that I've looked at the website...it's either the Bold or Curve. I'm cool with either one.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
bs theres limited memory and associated issues
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #39
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

A complete wipe, re-installation of .141 and the Nu_Blue_Zen as a theme has proven to be stable.

The only app I currently have installed is Windows Messenger...it seems to be a resource hog and crashes after about an hour of use. Other than that, it's stable and working well.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #40
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
A complete wipe, re-installation of .141 and the Nu_Blue_Zen as a theme has proven to be stable.

The only app I currently have installed is Windows Messenger...it seems to be a resource hog and crashes after about an hour of use. Other than that, it's stable and working well.
Thats good news since Im still planning on a storm next month when Im eligible for an upgrade.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote