Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #31
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

I cotinued riding up until the 4th month. I wasn't showing at all, and wasn't uncomfortable. I didn't ride all that much, but i still rode a bit.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #32
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
So I'm gonna sprog sometime in July. I've canceled the insurance on the bike but left it on the scooter.

I've driven neither.

I have no intentions of driving the scooter until well after the babe's born. I don't know if I'd want to or have the time, hormones and all....

Just wondering what y'all think about pregger chicks and riding motorcycles/scooters?

What's the cut off date? If you were a momma and riding, when did you start stop? Baby's daddies, what's your opinion.

This "could" be a loaded topic.

Just curious....

Oh, and Dads.... Did you decrease your riding time/style when kids came into the picture? How did it affect you?

My identity is changing. I am cool with some things but struggling with others....

Kirsty

When Lisa was pregnant I didn't take her on the bike at all. I didn't want to risk it. Plus at some point her stomach was going to get in the way. Riding yourself you won't have that problem.

If you were riding a bike that you had problems touching the ground I would worry about the high risk of falling. Other than that I would use your own judgment.

As far as my riding, I didn't change my style but I didn't go crazy for the most part. I rode to the shop every day. The only thing that really changed is I didn't go on as many rides so I could be home with the kids.

I still want another bike and when I get it I will just set a time where I can go off and ride. I'll spend the rest of the time having fun with the kids. They grow up so fast I don't want to miss anything.

BTW when Lisa was in the hospital (with Jayden) he still wasn't out and we had a while to wait so I went home and took a shower, then pulled the bike out of the garage and went for a ride to relax me before going back to the hospital.

James
James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #33
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
strong immunity is good but you still carry. Luckily you should pass a lot of those on

Actually...

I don't. I practice universal precautions at work and wash my hand until they bleed.

I wear gloves, masks, gowns routinely and use hand cleaner in between everything.

What are you suggesting I've brought home to my hubby?

To be a carrier, I'd have to transmit the "stuff" home. Which doesn't happen as evidenced by the lack of sickness of transmittable diseases/colds in my home. My clothes come off when I hit the door And he doesn't touch me in them. They get washed on their own. And, I've received more immunizations than most average people b/c of the environment I work in.

So... normal people are more likely to bring the plague into my house - as is my husband, because they are not as religious as I am about not spreading infection/contamination.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #34
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
so at a driving test, are they learning how to drive or already know? how many people crash on driving test, my guess far fewer then MSF class. but thats only a guess.
Ya, gotta agree with Ed on this one. Someone always goes down in an MSF course. I think the likelihood is greater for a fall/crash with a bike vs a car. And considering the mechanism of injury and lack of "cage" around a first time biker, they would have a greater chance of trauma to their abd vs someone in a car. A handle bar to the abd in a low speed dump could lead to a miscarriage/bleeding during pregnancy. The risk is even greater for those "not showing" until 12 weeks. If you're gonna loose the baby, it's more likely to happen in the 1st trimester.

A car is still safer than a bike no matter how you wanna try and spin it. Stats aren't really applicable in this area if people want to start comparing car crashes vs motorcycle crashes with preggers b/c there are a greater amount of preggers in cars vs. on bike.

It's a risk some people are willing to take and I imagine other's aren't.

I've just seen too many miscarriages due to less... I too wouldn't feel comfortable teaching a 5 month preg women to ride a bike.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #35
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I only refer to Ed as arrogant because it wasn't her safety he was worried about. It was his own ideals he was upholding, not those of the class or company he works for.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #36
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I only refer to Ed as arrogant because it wasn't her safety he was worried about. It was his own ideals he was upholding, not those of the class or company he works for.

I think that's just a given with that cat.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #37
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
hmm if i wasn't worried for her safety, wouldn't i have taught her?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #38
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Wow, ya'll must have some ROUGH msf classes. In the time I've been riding and out of the many riders I know, not a soul has ever crashed in an MSF course. Down here, you crash you fail, so no one crashes!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Wow, ya'll must have some ROUGH msf classes. In the time I've been riding and out of the many riders I know, not a soul has ever crashed in an MSF course. Down here, you crash you fail, so no one crashes!
That surprises me. I saw two people go down in mine. One girl went down multiple times and failed. From talking to the instructors, they usually average one drop per weekend. These are mostly just drops from doing something stupid like not putting down your feet when you come to a stop. Not crashing in motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #40
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
OK, then that makes you an arrogant prick. Would almost make me want to take your class looking like I'm pregnant just so I could sue you for discrimination.

Not smart Ed. You don't own the business, it's not your decision to make.
Yup. It was cleared by the state.

I was pregnant when I took the MSF course IN THE SUMMER.

Guess what? I am a grown up and allowed to make decisions about my safety! The instructor did ask me if it I wanted to skip the bike pushing part but I declined. Pregnant does not equal weak or cripple. I took that with the same grain of salt as all the men that told me not to pick stuff up.

To answer the question though. I did not ride much at all when I was pregnant. I took the MSF before I had a bike and I didn't get one until later. I didn't see the point buying one while I was pregnant and then not riding it. I also stopped riding with my husband b/c I wasn't in control and didn't feel safe - not that he is a poor rider - I just didn't like it.

Last edited by MILK; 04-16-2009 at 03:19 PM..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote