Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #31
SoFlaSV
Guinness Bitches...

Moto: '00 SV650

I got hit too. The bastard got me 6 different times before I blocked his e-mail address.

SoFlaSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #32
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
^____ be careful when going in and mucking with your system directories and the registry....
That's why my first post in this thread indicated that most people don't have the 'tools' to deal with this virus

What I wrote, above, should only be attempted by someone who has a high level of Windows knowledge.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #33
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
What I wrote, above, should only be attempted by someone who has a high level of Windows knowledge.
Yeah I definately agree w/ that statement.....

Ya know, last time I got a virus/malware was aboutttttt..... 4 years ago? I let my mother use my computer...... Yeah, never did that again. lol
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:45 PM   #34
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Yeah I definately agree w/ that statement.....

Ya know, last time I got a virus/malware was aboutttttt..... 4 years ago? I let my mother use my computer...... Yeah, never did that again. lol
Ha, most of my experience with viruses came from my sister. I had my fair share of fuck ups too, but I only caused one blue screen compared to her two or three times. I eventually lowered her account status to limited since she kept on downloading kazaa and shit like that.

I had a lot of good times on the phone with the Dell reps. I think I only had one guy that was cool throughout everything, he went above and beyond trying to help me along with some Dos shit.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #35
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
Ha, most of my experience with viruses came from my sister. I had my fair share of fuck ups too, but I only caused one blue screen compared to her two or three times. I eventually lowered her account status to limited since she kept on downloading kazaa and shit like that.

I had a lot of good times on the phone with the Dell reps. I think I only had one guy that was cool throughout everything, he went above and beyond trying to help me along with some Dos shit.
Not bad, not bad.

Yeah, I think I've only gotten Vista to blue screen like one or two times since I've had this thing (about a year and a half, almost two years). Either Vista Business or Ultimate or don't go w/ vista at all...
Old 02-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #36
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angee View Post
Keep a copy of MalWareBytes on you computer. I've had that virus (more like Trojan) and you have to remove it MULTIPLE times in safe mode, the again in regular mode, then safe mode agin. AVG CAN NOT CATCH THIS ONE, NOR CAN ADAWARE! We have all kinds of "tech tools" here and none of them worked except the MWB. Bitch is, it keeps replicating itself, which is why you have to do it in safe mode and on every profile on your computer. AVG is the best I've found for antivirus, but it's not infallible. MWB Rocks!

Oh, and don't try to remove a virus while you're drunk...that popup is how it blew up on me...I was in Nashville and it was 4am and we were drunk...
Just installed malwarebytes to go with avg and spybot.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #37
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Just installed malwarebytes to go with avg and spybot.
Good good.

btw for the record i have a purchased license for AVG+Firewall.

For those of you out ther ethinking of actually paying to support AVG, don't bother splurging for the firewall... Doesn't buy you much more IMHO.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #38
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

I had one a week or so ago. kept redirecting links I clicked on after the google search to random pages that wanted to look up what I had already googled. couldn't get rid of it with spybot/adaware/AVG. finally did a restore.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #39
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Good good.

btw for the record i have a purchased license for AVG+Firewall.

For those of you out ther ethinking of actually paying to support AVG, don't bother splurging for the firewall... Doesn't buy you much more IMHO.
Good to know. Looks like Ill stick with the free one the.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #40
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Good to know. Looks like Ill stick with the free one the.
*nod nod* I'll be honest I occasionally go out and "get free stuff" to test things out. If i like it, I buy it, if not, I delete.... I just won't waste good money supporting bullshit stuff that's crap.

Granted, I do this w/ some stuff, but of course w/ my licenses I can't do it for Microsoft crap... but then again they tend ot have betas, release versions and other trials typically.