Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #31
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I understand but it is different now than it was then. If Janis Joplin started singing now, do you thinks she'd have a hit? Hell no, she'd be lucky to make it into a hole in the wall and probably told she can't perform until everyone is hammered drunk. Many of our rock stars of yesterday probably wouldn't have made it big if people saw them more than they heard their music. Rolling Stones, Dylan, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Zeppelin, etc where some ugly ass motherfuckers. But because their music had more play than their image they were able to make it big.

What are Beyounce's biggest hits? I have no clue but every single one of them became big AFTER she made a music video. And with internet and TV channels decicated to nothing but celebrity gossip. Looking good is the only way to make it today.
Yeah and who the fuck was Elvis before he made a couple movies and television appearances? In fact,almost all rock and roll stars have been on tv,including everyone you've named. Back in the day women LOVED Steven Tyler,Mick Jager,Eric Clapton,etc. Heck,half of the acts you've mentioned did put out music videos...besides before MTV,there were TONS of magazines that promoted musicians. I'm sorry buddy but you don't have any idea what you are talking about! Bing Crosby's career was boosted using movies and spots on tv/radio shows. Multi media is not a new concept,the outlets have just changed over the years.

Oh and but Janis Joplin couldn't sing for shit! I'd take Beyonce',Cristina Aguillera,Allysha Keys,etc for pure talent and vocal range over Janis Joplin any day!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 02-08-2009 at 08:09 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #32
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
People still buy CDs?

this is joke btw
Not that I know about but that is the point. I did think about buying Beyonce's cd for my daughter last week.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
To be in pop, you have to look good. Pop is devoid of anything artistic or meaningful. It's mainstream crap people put out to make a quick buck, it's not about creating music.
Just like Elvis,most country and western music,etc. It always gets me when people put down someone else's type of music like what they listen to is the soul of artistic merit.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #34
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Just like Elvis,most country and western music,etc. It always gets me when people put down someone else's type of music like what they listen to is the soul of artistic merit.
There are a lot of country stars, rock stars, punk, etc... that are fuckin ugly. It's pretty much a requirement in the realm of pop. The ones you are thinking about are the ones that sellout and go mainstream pop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #35
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
There are a lot of country stars, rock stars, punk, etc... that are fuckin ugly. It's pretty much a requirement in the realm of pop. The ones you are thinking about are the ones that sellout and go mainstream pop.
Any new ones? Anyone new in country I have seen on tv was not ugly.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #36
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Gretchen Wilson... not attractive
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Ok for the record,do you really mean to say that Chistina Aguillera,Beyonce,any "pop stars" are devoid of talent and ONLY get where they are based on their looks? I mean,I agree that entertainment is focused more on the visual medium now than it has been in the past but to say that these performers are without merit just because they are attractive is well asinine. If you are saying that a beautiful woman has a better chance than an equally talented fugly woman,I agree.

Oh and come on most Country stars were at least decent looking,Tammy Wynette,Dolly Parton,Crystal Gayle,etc. The superstars in any genre of music tend to be attractive people. I bet that it's always been like that.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post

Shit! Gretchen Wilson is better looking than the average girls I've been fucking lately! Hmmmm..... that doesn't sound that good does it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1204_gretchen_wilson_f.jpg (15.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 02-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #39
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Never heard of her before so I had to google her. She isn't that bad.

James
Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #40
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ok for the record,do you really mean to say that Chistina Aguillera,Beyonce,any "pop stars" are devoid of talent and ONLY get where they are based on their looks? I mean,I agree that entertainment is focused more on the visual medium now than it has been in the past but to say that these performers are without merit just because they are attractive is well asinine. If you are saying that a beautiful woman has a better chance than an equally talented fugly woman,I agree.

Oh and come on most Country stars were at least decent looking,Tammy Wynette,Dolly Parton,Crystal Gayle,etc. The superstars in any genre of music tend to be attractive people. I bet that it's always been like that.
I agree except heavy metal. There was some ugly ass mofos in that. :LOL:

James