Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #31
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
well at least in OR... they're like that till about 16 and 2 or 3 months... then it's the ghetto lean with the seat laid back... looking THROUGH the stearing wheel... Radio so loud you hear it 2 blocks away... cell phone in hand texting or held up by shoulder while drink'n a redbull... racing everywhere just to get there 15 seconds faster.

LOL That ALMOST sounded exactly like me. But my step father taught me to drive and while driving with him if I didn't slow down he said he would kick me in my shins. He always told me any speed was faster then walking which was what I would be doing if they took my license for speeding.

I was like Wil Smith. "2 mph so everybody sees you." LOL They didn't have texting but I was on my phone. No Redbull then and I didn't like having to much food in my car. I did at times but anyway. Stereo bumpin'. One night I was downtown cruisin and a navel ship was in so everyone was out. I was driving around with a buddy in the car and we had my system cranked. Well one of my mids couldn't handle it and blew. I was pissed but I just tried to adjust the stereo to cut sound to that speaker so I could keep going but I couldn't shut it down completely. It would crackle and drive me nuts. I drove down the street to a parking lot, hauled off my door panel and disconnected my speaker. I was back in business. Screw turning it down. LOL

I had the lean. People would laugh because I would look out my rear door (four door) in my first car to look to the left.

LL said it best.

"Headlights breakin cos your batteries drain
Armor all on your tires and a big gold chain
Parkin outside of all the hip-hop spots
Push the E-Q and play connect the dots
Leanin to the side, people everywhere
The trunk full of amps, there ain't no room for a spare
Big beats bumpin with the bass in back
All the sophisticated suckers catch a heart attack
Cos they don't understand why I act this way
Pumpin up the funky beat until the break of day
It's because I want attention when i'm ridin by
And the girls be on my jock cos my system's fly"

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #32
t-homo
WSB Champion

haha at LL. When I drive drunk, I am the same as ebbs. Super cautious. No more of that for me though.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #33
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Glad you just got off with a warning!

Now the issue i have with people driving drunk, is not that they will hurt themselves, but to hurt someone innocent.

I have a friend that drives drunk all the time. When i've hung out with her a couple of times, she would get shitface, swaying all over the place, and is a sloppy drunk. She wouldnt let me take her keys and doesn't want a DD. I don't know if i'm being a prude or what, but i don't feel right hanging out with her when she gets like that, in case she hurts someone else, i would feel like an enabler. I tell her and she thinks i'm crazy. I'm hoping someday she gets busted for a DUI, fined and whatever comes with it. Maybe she will learn her lesson then.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #34
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post

Now the issue i have with people driving drunk, is not that they will hurt themselves, but to hurt someone innocent.

I have a friend that drives drunk all the time. When i've hung out with her a couple of times, she would get shitface, swaying all over the place, and is a sloppy drunk. She wouldnt let me take her keys and doesn't want a DD. I don't know if i'm being a prude or what, but i don't feel right hanging out with her when she gets like that, in case she hurts someone else, i would feel like an enabler. I tell her and she thinks i'm crazy. I'm hoping someday she gets busted for a DUI, fined and whatever comes with it. Maybe she will learn her lesson then.
If she won't let you take her keys and refuses a DD then I think you are smart to avoid her when she is drinking.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #35
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
If she won't let you take her keys and refuses a DD then I think you are smart to avoid her when she is drinking.

James
Its true. It sucks when you offer to help people and they won't give in. I also can't stand being around those types so I avoid them but I do put plenty of effort into helping them before giving up. I hate giving up but you can't help them all.

Most everyone else I know relies on me as the only guy who is always up in the early AM and willing to leave the house and get them. Its what friends do.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #36
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Its true. It sucks when you offer to help people and they won't give in. I also can't stand being around those types so I avoid them but I do put plenty of effort into helping them before giving up. I hate giving up but you can't help them all.
I told her that she had a problem with alchohol and she says, i don't have a problem, its just went i start drinking, i can't stop
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #37
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
I told her that she had a problem with alchohol and she says, i don't have a problem, its just went i start drinking, i can't stop
Well, not much more to do but offer your help and hope they don't kill anyone before their eye opening DUI.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #38
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Maybe someone needs to explain what a drinking problem is. That must be a fun by the end of the night when partying with her. And not being able to stop isn't the huge issue. Its the fact that she drives after the fact. That woman need some help.

James
Old 02-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #39
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

1 - Kick your own ass before someone does it for you
2 - Make sure you actually RETAIN learning this lesson so you don't make the same mistake again

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #40
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:

Quote:
Your friend is fucking retarded... It's one thing to have a couple drinks and be a dumbass by driving home... It's quite another to get ass-faced retarded and drive like a fucking mongloid...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote