Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #31
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
People like Abby is the reason kids are such bastards today. Beat your kids, they deserve it.
ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #32
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

I never beat my kids but they got their ass spanked when neeeded when they were little. By the time teenage years rolled around I t wasn't needed. The "mom eye" worked just fine cause they knew I was serious
Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #33
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I have never raised a hand to my childen. And, never will. I agree with Abby that there are better ways to convei a message than with violence. I understand spankings do not equal abuse. But, there are better ways to teach a child right from wrong than a violent method.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #34
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

OSP, this was yesterdays article...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucda/2009020...3vzZQAT37NbbUC
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

It's funny, most of the advocates of hitting your kid, don't have kids and most of them that do have kids are against it. Maybe it's a good thing some of you don't have kids.

Kids don't need to be beaten. You need to discipline them at an early age that what you say goes and if they disobey, then there are consequences to be paid, like no TV/Video games, no desert, no toys...... If you have to beat your kids to get them to listen to you, then maybe you are just not a good parent.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #36
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
It's funny, most of the advocates of hitting your kid, don't have kids and most of them that do have kids are against it.
If that were true, it seems like there would be a lot fewer people sharing stories of getting spanked as a child.

Kids are kids. If you can raise the perfect child without spankings, good on you. Most of the kids I know, regardless of how well behaved they are most of the time, still fuck up every now and then to the degree that they need immediate and harsh repercusions.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #37
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I have never raised a hand to my childen. And, never will. I agree with Abby that there are better ways to convei a message than with violence. I understand spankings do not equal abuse. But, there are better ways to teach a child right from wrong than a violent method.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #38
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

I did a lot of really stupid shit growing up, and I got my ass handed to me. It wasn't the most enjoyable thing that's ever happened to me, but I learned a lot from it. And I deserved it every single time. I'm living proof that some people have to learn certain lessons the hard way. Respect and self discipline were the bigger ones. Although I live alone, I feel as though I'm well off, at least in a relative sense. And if not for the lessons taught to me, I wouldn't have become what I am now. I'm proud of what I am, and I know that if not for the fundamental lessons (some easy and others not so easy) I would not be able to hold my head high. I wasn't easy on my folks, but they had the determination to make sure I turned out alright. And for that, they have my thanks.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #39
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
If that were true, it seems like there would be a lot fewer people sharing stories of getting spanked as a child.
I was talking about the people who responded to this thread, not the general population.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #40
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

I did swat my kids on the butt when they were little, and I mean when they were in diapers little and it was truly a swat on the butt meant to get their attention not hurt. Other than that I ONCE spanked one of them when she was a bit older and in retrospect it wasn't as effective as the other forms of punishment were. I also did, one time, slap the mouth of one of them who as a teenager in a teenager shitty mood thought calling me a bitch was a good idea.

My siblings and I, as well as my husband and his, all got spankings, and they didn't do a damn bit of good. I DO NOT believe in being overly touch-feely with kids. There MUST BE consequences of breaking rules, etc, but if you as a parent don't take the time to find out why your kid is being a little rule breaking ass (other than teenage rebellion of course) then you're not doing them any good.

ETA: In case I didn't make it clear, I'm not a fan of spanking as a whole.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote