Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #31
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
My first thought was that HE was married, HH's post confirms it.

What he did was wrong, I agree, but it was also wrong of the widow. She was grieving and on meds, meds that CLEARLY state combining with alcohol is a bad idea. He should never have let himself or her get in that position.

I feel bad for HIS WIFE. She's the ultimate victim here.

Which position? I missed it in the write up....

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #32
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
the law needs to be challenged to be updated.
Laws don't change in the military the way they change in the civilian world. The only way to change the law in the military is to be a high ranking mofo. The only way to be a high ranking mofo is, generally, to really believe in and support existing military law.

In this particular case, I'm glad. Going to jail for boning a widow is stupid. Going to jail for 90 days for cheating on your wife is pretty close to justice, I think. So long as he still gets raped in divorce court.

I'm surprised at how much was left out of the article I found. It was from a military oriented site, and they didn't even get the guy's rank right, much less the most important detail...

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #33
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Im with her on this. Having been married to military and immersed in it, cheating is common and sadly, almost expected.

There are actually code actions that individuals can take notifying the general population that the spouse is gone and the green light is on for "come on OVER"!

It's wrong, but it is what it is.

This isnt even remotely as bad as some cases I know of firsthand...like the high level NCO going overseas and fooling round with multiple young women the age of his TEENAGE daughter, or the wife who decides she'd like to start "hanging" out with the men her husband works with while he's gone...it goes on and on, and on, and ON!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #34
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Which position? I missed it in the write up....

He spent time with her in a personal manner, going to the gym, taking her to a fireworks show, spending time with her family, almost as if they were dating.

On her part, I can see the reaching out for someone who truly understands, but having her at his house, with no one else there, is WAY across the line. And as a military spouse SHE should also know better. She was endangering his career as well as her reputation.

It has been my experience that if a military member is keeping things above board, his behavior is beyond reproach and even spending time alone with someone in a way that it could be misconstrued is not acceptable.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #35
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
Laws don't change in the military the way they change in the civilian world. The only way to change the law in the military is to be a high ranking mofo. The only way to be a high ranking mofo is, generally, to really believe in and support existing military law.

In this particular case, I'm glad. Going to jail for boning a widow is stupid. Going to jail for 90 days for cheating on your wife is pretty close to justice, I think. So long as he still gets raped in divorce court.

I'm surprised at how much was left out of the article I found. It was from a military oriented site, and they didn't even get the guy's rank right, much less the most important detail...
Cheating on your wife isn't a crime against the government or the military. It's against your wife. It's utterly ridiculous to even say someone should go to jail for cheating. At a time when we need good soldiers, we don't need to be sending to jail for banging someone behind his wife's back. That's just retarded.

There is another way to change military law without having to deal with military thinking. Get our new chief to do it, he's pretty liberal I hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #36
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Cheating on your wife isn't a crime against the government or the military. It's against your wife. It's utterly ridiculous to even say someone should go to jail for cheating. At a time when we need good soldiers, we don't need to be sending to jail for banging someone behind his wife's back. That's just retarded.

There is another way to change military law without having to deal with military thinking. Get our new chief to do it, he's pretty liberal I hear.
While I agree to an extent, I believe the original reason for this law was to keep the soldiers from killing EACH OTHER. Like Bob goes to war, he's on the front line, his buddy Jim is with him, they're in a bad sitch, and suddenly Jim feels like confessing that he banged Bob's wife. Bad idea, Bob shoots Jim, then himself before he gets the Dear Bob letter.

Dont you watch The Unit? Commander bangs soldiers wife, sends soldier away to try and get him killed, soldier comes back, decides to kill everyone!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #37
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Fuckin gay... If anyone needs a little poon, its a Marine. Its not like it was his living commanding officers wife or something. I guess that when a soldier dies, that soldiers wife/husband should be put down, so they never have sex again.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #38
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
While I agree to an extent, I believe the original reason for this law was to keep the soldiers from killing EACH OTHER. Like Bob goes to war, he's on the front line, his buddy Jim is with him, they're in a bad sitch, and suddenly Jim feels like confessing that he banged Bob's wife. Bad idea, Bob shoots Jim, then himself before he gets the Dear Bob letter.

Dont you watch The Unit? Commander bangs soldiers wife, sends soldier away to try and get him killed, soldier comes back, decides to kill everyone!
Fine just kick em out of the military. Kinda like getting fired from your job when the Boss fucks their employee and gets caught by a higher boss. Putting someone in jail for cheating is totally and utterly retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #39
fatbuckRTO

Quote:

I've been known to make allowances for many an indiscretion when it comes to good soldiering, but if you're fucking your buddies wife you're not a good soldier, in my opinion.

There are plenty of crimes that aren't crimes against the government or the military. And I think adultery is much more of a punishment-meriting transgression than, say, Article 117 (provoking a gesture). As another example, I don't think gays should be allowed in the military; I've argued it often and at length. But I would see the ban on homosexuals lifted long before I'd see adultery legalized.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #40
fatbuckRTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
Fuckin gay... If anyone needs a little poon, its a Marine. Its not like it was his living commanding officers wife or something. I guess that when a soldier dies, that soldiers wife/husband should be put down, so they never have sex again.
I think you missed the article in the middle of the thread that explained that the offending Marine is married. That's my fault, the article I posted was light on pertinent details.