Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #31
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Johnny Cash didn't sell drugs in his neighborhood.
He was too busy using them.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #32
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
He was too busy using them.
Shush you!
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #33
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Let's see, Johnny Cash wasn't a welfare baby. Johnny Cash served in the military. Johnny Cash didn't sell drugs in his neighborhood. Johnny Cash didn't get shot by a rival country singer. And Johnny Cash is an award-winning singer and songwriter who people have been honored to have their songs remade by. Not the same thing at all, and a big fail for you.
You're right....Johnny Cash was too busy selling out his friends, using drugs, treating his family like shit, and cheating on his wife to be doing all those other things.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #34
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
You're right....Johnny Cash was too busy selling out his friends, using drugs, treating his family like shit, and cheating on his wife to be doing all those other things.
he was a "musician" and a "song writer"

Cash music has a tad more substance than bitches, hoes, bling, money, look at me etc etc etc
Old 01-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #35
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

I'm sorry Kell, I'm going to have to agree that its a stretch comparing Biggie rapper to Johnny Cash. I'm not a fan of country or Americana, but one can't deny the impact Johnny Cash had on music. Comparing Biggie to Johnny is like comparing Britney Spears to Barbara Streisand, IMO.

Just because someone becomes famous for their music, doesn't mean they have actually made any true contribution TO music or society with their music.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #36
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
I'm sorry Kell, I'm going to have to agree that its a stretch comparing Biggie rapper to Johnny Cash. I'm not a fan of country or Americana, but one can't deny the impact Johnny Cash had on music. Comparing Biggie to Johnny is like comparing Britney Spears to Barbara Streisand, IMO.

Just because someone becomes famous for their music, doesn't mean they have actually made any true contribution TO music or society with their music.
She wasnt comparing Cash to Biggie, For Fucks sake. Stop overanalyzing shit and look at what she posted.

She said noone got there panties in a twist when Walk the Line came out and essentially its the same concept...A movie about a musician and his life...Notorious is the same thing...No where did she say, Johnny cash and Biggie smalls are the same...You guys take shit and run with it I tell ya.

So you dont like rap?? Fuck it do I give a fuck? No...I like all kinds of music...but would I go see a movie about Beethoven or The Beatles?? Probably not.

You dont have to knock the movie. And The comment about 2pac playing himself was hilarious, the only dead guy I know who still releases records every year with new content.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #37
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
She wasnt comparing Cash to Biggie, For Fucks sake. Stop overanalyzing shit and look at what she posted.

She said noone got there panties in a twist when Walk the Line came out and essentially its the same concept...A movie about a musician and his life...Notorious is the same thing...No where did she say, Johnny cash and Biggie smalls are the same...You guys take shit and run with it I tell ya.

So you dont like rap?? Fuck it do I give a fuck? No...I like all kinds of music...but would I go see a movie about Beethoven or The Beatles?? Probably not.

You dont have to knock the movie. And The comment about 2pac playing himself was hilarious, the only dead guy I know who still releases records every year with new content.
again...Biggy was not a "musician"
Old 01-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Lol...Ok we'll we will agree to disagree here.

Rapper, Gangster Drug dealer...WTF ever you want to call him...She wasnt comparing him and cash.

And It takes talent to "rap" I sure as fuck cant do it...I'd call that composing music in some form of the word.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #39
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Lol...Ok we'll we will agree to disagree here.

Rapper, Gangster Drug dealer...WTF ever you want to call him...She wasnt comparing him and cash.

And It takes talent to "rap" I sure as fuck cant do it...I'd call that composing music in some form of the word.
As a musician i spit in your general direction
Old 01-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #40
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Lol. We can argue till we are blue in the face...It doesnt bother me any. I still have my opinion and you have yours.