Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #31
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
I can't believe that your insurance company nor your finance company didn't notify you when it happened.
They may not have known. Depending on your insurance company, they wouldn't run a motor vehicle report on your license unless you were up for renewal or were behind on payments. The finance company would have even less access to that information, and probably found out about it after the insurance company found out. Otherwise, they don't have direct access to any tickets that get put on your license and wouldn't find out about them immediately.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:02 PM   #32
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
They may not have known. Depending on your insurance company, they wouldn't run a motor vehicle report on your license unless you were up for renewal or were behind on payments. The finance company would have even less access to that information, and probably found out about it after the insurance company found out. Otherwise, they don't have direct access to any tickets that get put on your license and wouldn't find out about them immediately.
Agreed.

Not to mention the finance company has no reason to want your vehicle whether you have a license or not.

Something doesn't add up.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #33
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Agreed.

Not to mention the finance company has no reason to want your vehicle whether you have a license or not.

Something doesn't add up.
If she's financing her vehicle, then the bank/financing agency would be the lien holder on the vehicle until it's paid off. If the insurance company finds out she's got a suspended license, then it is grounds for policy termination. In her financing agreement I'm willing to be there is a clause that state that she must maintain a certain level of insurance (i'm betting 100/300 plus comp and collision) throughout the life of her loan or risk defaulting and having the vehicle repo'd.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #34
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

So you're saying the finance company just came buy and collected your SUV stating that they found out your D/L was suspended? That sounds waaaaayy too phishy....and you were not behind or even slightly late on the payments? Since you just moved, had you notified them of your new address? I'm just wondering how they found you.

And the D/L getting suspended for non payment of tickets in Jan 08 for tickets in Dec 07? Also seems odd. It took the state a year to catch up with me when that happened way back in the 90's....I would think they might be a bit more efficient by now but not within a month.

Somethings pretty weird here.....

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:02 AM   #35
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

I am subscribing to see how this all gets sorted out.

You should definitely get some in person contact involved, skip the phones and check up on your credit report as well.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #36
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
But that doesn't mean that the license is valid. I can hand them my license and they can write the number down just the same.

My concern is getting this taken care of. Problem is that I didn't know anything about this and the finance company came and took my truck until I get it all straightened out.

They won't give it back until I get a new insurance policy on it and get my licence fixed and all of that.

I don't know, its just a big cluster fuck and I have no clue how it all happened and why I wasn't notified, at least by my insurance company!
All that because your license is suspended by a few tickets? Not likely - something else is going on... Finance companies don't care what your license status is, especially if you are paying them. In fact, they have no legal grounds to take your vehicle based on a suspended license. Especially if they haven't notified you in writing to remedy the situation.

I recommend talking to a lawyer. Now. At the very least - stop trying the telephone and go see them in person.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #37
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
All that because your license is suspended by a few tickets? Not likely - something else is going on... Finance companies don't care what your license status is, especially if you are paying them. In fact, they have no legal grounds to take your vehicle based on a suspended license. Especially if they haven't notified you in writing to remedy the situation.

I recommend talking to a lawyer. Now. At the very least - stop trying the telephone and go see them in person.
True.

Like Corey said, there may be a clause requiring her to maintain insurance on the vehicle.

If insurance were to be cancelled, the finance company would impose their own policy which you would be responsible for but they wouldn't take the vehicle back unless you were seriously behind.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #38
Lino
speed walker

Moto: Sprint ST

seems like you pissed someone off little lady...

good luck getting it all straightend out

get a lawyer, and dont let this stop you from your msf course
Lino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #39
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
True.

Like Corey said, there may be a clause requiring her to maintain insurance on the vehicle.

If insurance were to be cancelled, the finance company would impose their own policy which you would be responsible for but they wouldn't take the vehicle back unless you were seriously behind.
In most cases, if insurance is dropped they will cover it themselves - and charge you up the ass for it. Repossessing the vehicle is expensive, for them. And, will only happen if they are taking a serious loss on it. Lack of insurance isn't usually enough of a *loss* for them to send out the lackies.

What about resolving this online? I don't know about FL - but in TX (for a small fee $2.00 a record, or close) you can look up any public record.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #40
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Let us know what's happening.

It's a bit odd for a finance company to repossess considering the person financing the car doesn't have to be the person who's driving it.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote