Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #31
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

I've crashed a few times.
first was going into my driveway at my old place, front brake while turning on gravel driveway=crash.
then I really overcooked it goin into a 90 degree left hander, target fixated and went off the road into the sand, got it kinda stopped/fell over at the same time, and broke a turn signal.
Then there was 32 year old tire on wet slick pavement turning left on my 75 Honda 550K, which didnt hurt anything.
THEN there was my experience with same tire doing 60 in a parking lot, slammed on the brakes, and the tire washed out on the same honda 550. this was a case of drinko drivo.(I know, big nono) NEVER doin that again.

I've also dropped my bikes a few times too.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #32
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Seven times.

First was a nasty lowside on a backroad in Ohio. Blind curve, gravel, slide, target-fixation, and finally ditch. Busted knee, back, and shoulder. Got a med-discharge from the Army.

Second was a nasty highside. Racing through an industrial park, back tire caught a painted dash between lanes, went sideways, highsided so hard I think I went two weeks into the future. Two broken ribs.

Third was a pretty easy lowside, oil leak, turning left at a light, down, no injuries, some cosmetic damage to the bike. Fucking no-cut sliders broke off at 5mph.

Fourth was getting bumped by a FHP trooper who thought I was going to run. With a passenger. On a bridge. Kept the bike upright and was half a hair from getting thrown in the back of the cop car because the trooper and I got into a screaming match on the side of the bridge.

Fifth was a lowside at Jennings, lost the front in T1. Over 100mph, slid for-fucking-ever (literally to the berm) and went back out next session with a new footpeg. My front tire was a PP2ct with four trackdays and about 1k street miles, rear had five or six days and 1k street miles. Good tires are cheap insurance. Ran my best lap ever at JGP literally the lap before the lowside. Crossed start/finish at a 1:29.8 and promptly lost it in 1.

Sixth was getting hit by a 2500-series Chevy Suburban who thought he belonged in my lane more than I did. Bounced off him, jumped a curb, came to a stop. Kept the bike upright, only damage was a cracked helmet and some cosmetic issues with the bike.

Seventh was a lowside in T10 at JGP. (Only wreck on the KTM so far) Trying too hard, slid the rear, tried to keep it in the slide but the peg ground down and levered the rear tire off the pavement. Bent the bars on the KTM.

It is what it is.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #33
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Once. A 10-15 mph get-off. I was still a noob and fucked up. Knowing wht I know now, I woulda made the turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Seven times.

First was a nasty lowside on a backroad in Ohio. Blind curve, gravel, slide, target-fixation, and finally ditch. Busted knee, back, and shoulder. Got a med-discharge from the Army.

Second was a nasty highside. Racing through an industrial park, back tire caught a painted dash between lanes, went sideways, highsided so hard I think I went two weeks into the future. Two broken ribs.

Third was a pretty easy lowside, oil leak, turning left at a light, down, no injuries, some cosmetic damage to the bike. Fucking no-cut sliders broke off at 5mph.

Fourth was getting bumped by a FHP trooper who thought I was going to run. With a passenger. On a bridge. Kept the bike upright and was half a hair from getting thrown in the back of the cop car because the trooper and I got into a screaming match on the side of the bridge.

Fifth was a lowside at Jennings, lost the front in T1. Over 100mph, slid for-fucking-ever (literally to the berm) and went back out next session with a new footpeg. My front tire was a PP2ct with four trackdays and about 1k street miles, rear had five or six days and 1k street miles. Good tires are cheap insurance. Ran my best lap ever at JGP literally the lap before the lowside. Crossed start/finish at a 1:29.8 and promptly lost it in 1.

Sixth was getting hit by a 2500-series Chevy Suburban who thought he belonged in my lane more than I did. Bounced off him, jumped a curb, came to a stop. Kept the bike upright, only damage was a cracked helmet and some cosmetic issues with the bike.

Seventh was a lowside in T10 at JGP. (Only wreck on the KTM so far) Trying too hard, slid the rear, tried to keep it in the slide but the peg ground down and levered the rear tire off the pavement. Bent the bars on the KTM.

It is what it is.

I didn't know Randy DePuniet was a member here. Welcome, Randy!

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #34
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post

I didn't know Randy DePuniet was a member here. Welcome, Randy!
Hi and thank you

Who am I kidding, I wish I was that fast!

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #35
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:

No shit.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #36
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Only counting street (no idea/count about my dirt spills):

About 20 something years ago, I had a "side-on" collison with a car on a Mountain Pass in Switzerland (nice hospitals in Switzerland).

I lowsided on a road that turned into gravel just before the turn.

I slid on oil in Thailand (small bike - but I was wearing shorts)

About 5 years ago, I got run off the road in the woods in Oregon (my choice: hit the car head on or go for the woods...)

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #37
was92v
Nowhere Man

Thats a hard question. Does something like I was pulling up to the front of a store and there is a girl in a mini skirt, (summer of 72') on a ladder reaching over her head in the door of a store. I didn't stop, jumped the sidewalk and crashed into the ice machine in front of the store. I landed on the sidewalk in front of the door with her looking down at me like I just stepped out of a space ship. Thank God for dark shields so she couldn't see who it was.. I jumped up, picked up the bike and rode away.

I'm really not sure how many times I've crashed on the street and road racing, but I would guess about 20-25 times. I've never really tried to count them. I can only remember about 7 or 8 that really hurt, well maybe 10.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #38
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

once... looped it from a stop light... lack of concentration... let my attention and the clutch lever slip.

Quote:
Hi and thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
No shit.
my next helmet will be a shark... if randy wears one... they must be good... dude's on his head almost as much as on his bike...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #39
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Once... Right hander... 75mph on Rt-56 in Hocking Hills... couple miles west of 664... hit gravel, ate shit, pulled myself together, road another couple hours with no front brakes.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 AM   #40
The Awesome
Custom User Title

I'm not exactly sure. I think it's somewhere around 10 or 12.
The Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote