Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #31
t-homo
WSB Champion

That shit is fucked up. Would no one else do whatever necessary to stop the attack before the guy is completely dead? If for no other reason to make the attacker be like a fuckin vegetable for the rest of his god forsaken life.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #32
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
That shit is fucked up. Would no one else do whatever necessary to stop the attack before the guy is completely dead? If for no other reason to make the attacker be like a fuckin vegetable for the rest of his god forsaken life.
My thoughts exactly ! There were 38 people on that bus and all ran for their lives when the bus stopped .....they may not of saved the kid but then again, they may have.....who knows. Being the dick that I am, I would've interviened .....I would've loved to ruin his beheading plan.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #33
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post
My thoughts exactly ! There were 38 people on that bus and all ran for their lives when the bus stopped .....they may not of saved the kid but then again, they may have.....who knows. Being the dick that I am, I would've interviened .....I would've loved to ruin his beheading plan.
I would have loved to ruin him. They even had crowbars and shit.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:12 PM   #34
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I know this... I DO HAVE the right to kill this asshole dead if I believe he is threatening somebody else's life... and my glock has 10 rounds... just sayin...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #35
t-homo
WSB Champion

I can't wait until I am 23 so I can get my concealed carry license.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #36
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

What does 23 have to do with it? Must be some crazy MO law!

I carry mine damn near all the time.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #37
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Update.......retarded

Canada judge: Man not responsible for beheading
1 hr 45 mins ago
WINNIPEG, Manitoba – A Canadian judge ruled Thursday that a man accused of beheading and cannibalizing a fellow Greyhound bus passenger is not criminally responsible due to mental illness.

The decision means Chinese immigrant Vince Li will be treated in a mental institution instead of going to prison. The family of victim Tim McLean dismissed the trial as a "rubber stamp" that allows Li to get away with murder.

"A crime was still committed here, a murder still occurred," said Carol deDelley, McLean's mother. "There was nobody else on that bus holding a knife, slicing up my child."

The judge said Li should not be held criminally accountable for stabbing McLean dozens of times last July and dismembering his body while horrified passengers fled.

Justice John Scurfield said Li's attack was "grotesque" and "barbaric" but "strongly suggestive of a mental disorder."

"He did not appreciate the actions he committed were morally wrong. He believed he was acting in self-defense," Scurfield said.

Both the prosecution and the defense argued Li can't be held responsible because Li was suffering from schizophrenia and believed God wanted him to kill McLean because the young man was a force of evil.

He will be institutionalized without a criminal record and will be reassessed every year by a mental health review board to determine if he is fit for release into the community.

DeDelley said a yearly hearing is ridiculous, and that Li should be locked up for the rest of his life.

Li's trial barely lasted two days and only heard from two witnesses, both psychiatrists, who testified he is mentally ill.

That Li killed the 22-year-old carnival worker was never in question at the trial. Li has admitted he killed McLean but pleaded not guilty.

Witnesses said Li attacked McLean unprovoked as their bus traveled at night along a desolate stretch of the Trans-Canada Highway.

An agreed statement of facts between the prosecution and defense detailed how passengers stood outside the bus as Li stabbed McLean dozens of times and beheaded and mutilated his body. Finding himself locked inside the bus, Li finally escaped through a window and was arrested.

Li then apologized and pleaded with police to kill him.

Police said McLean's body parts were found throughout the bus in plastic bags, and the victim's ear, nose and tongue were found in Li's pocket.

A psychiatrist called by the prosecution Wednesday testified that Li cut up McLean's body because he believed that he would come back to life and take revenge.

After the trial, government prosecutor Joyce Dalmyn said McLean's family understood that she had to tell the court about Li's condition.

"The evidence was so overwhelming that he was not criminally responsible. I absolutely had an obligation to bring that to the court's attention, and the family understands and respects that," Dalmyn said.

She said people who are mentally ill should not be convicted when they don't know what they did was wrong.

"They need to be treated," she said. "I certainly agree in Mr. Li's case he needs to be treated for a very long time."

McLean's family is vowing to turn their attention to fighting the law that allows people who are found not criminally responsible to be released into the community once they are deemed well, without serving a minimum sentence in jail.

DeDelley said her son didn't die in vain. His death highlights concerns about the justice system, she said.

"Now people are aware that there is a problem," she said.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #38
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

If someone sho does something like that in public isn't batfuck nuts, then I don't know who is.

Unfortunately as he has been diagnosed as schizophrenic, drugs will likely help to control his condition. I say unfortunately because once in control he'll be released, then likely decide for himself that he's cured and go off his meds, as is so often the case.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #39
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Yeah, I'd have probably shot the guy. HEAR THAT TIGGER?! i'D HAVE SHOT THE GUY WITH MY CONCEALED WEAPON! AND MCLEAN WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE ALIVE!!! Of course, I'm just trying to be a tough guy, I don't really need to carry a gun. Bet the dead guy would have liked to have one, though.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #40
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

fucked up

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote