Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #31
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Which is why much of what is done, in Europe, is fucked up shit that wouldn't be condoned by an acephalic orangutan. You're responsible for your own actions.

Theft is theft. You know that it belongs to someone else, who will soon to be back to retrieve it.
Fwiw I believe the law is to help protect innocent citizens from unlicensed kids driving stolen cars and running them over.... In that respect, I can see a purpose in it. I don't think its to protect the thieves.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #32
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Fwiw I believe the law is to help protect innocent citizens from unlicensed kids driving stolen cars and running them over.... In that respect, I can see a purpose in it. I don't think its to protect the thieves.
Yeah only in America do we protect thieves (like a thief suing a homeowner because they fell in the house while stealing the tv and winning).

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #33
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

A key has worked fine for years and years. I hate all this auto locking shit. You drive two feet and all the fucking doors lock like your gonna try and jump out to commit suicide. I don't need a fucking dinger going off every .2 millisecs to remind me that I don't have my seat belt on or that the door is open and the keys are in the ignition.

These are like the warning sign labels on products. They're for idiots.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #34
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Ah, so you mean "Paternalism" huh? I thought that was a dirty word down there. It generally even is up here.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #35
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
My point which you appear to have locked in on the example and missed is that we as a society rationalise "theft" up to a certain point. The question is where is that acceptable limit?
I wouldn't call that theft. It was found in public. "Find" a dollar in someones pocket = theft. Find a dollar on the street = found dollar. Find a dollar on the street with someones name, address, phone number and email address on it = theft.

If you find a bag with $500 in it and no name you can still possible find the owner. Its pretty hard to find the owner of a lost dollar.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #36
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I wouldn't call that theft. It was found in public. "Find" a dollar in someones pocket = theft. Find a dollar on the street = found dollar. Find a dollar on the street with someones name, address, phone number and email address on it = theft.

If you find a bag with $500 in it and no name you can still possible find the owner. Its pretty hard to find the owner of a lost dollar.

James
Complete & utter truth.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #37
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
This is a spin-off thread of Digifox's, "Hey, I'm a worthless piece of shit thief" thread, which I still call bullshit on, BTW.

ANYWAY, around these here parts it is illegal to leave your keys in your ignition while you go into the store, the mentality being if you do that then you deserve to get your car stolen. Which of course goes hand-in-hand with "Its ok to steal a car if the keys are already in it."

Everywhere we go there are signs in the parking lot reminding us to lock our car, hide our valuables, etc. etc. WTF? Should you not be able to leave your car running or unlocked or whatever and expect that no one will fuck with it? Shouldn't the police dedicate just as much effort to recovering your bicycle if you didn't put a lock on it as they would otherwise?

What do you guys think?
Coming soon to this way of thinking:

Women wearing sexy clothes being blamed for rape.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Ah, so you mean "Paternalism" huh? I thought that was a dirty word down there. It generally even is up here.
Yea but here's the thing...some idiot leaves his keys in his car. Some young retards come along and figure they'll "just take it for a quick ride" . The idiots lose control and run over your wife and kids while they're out shopping for dinner. Does the car owner have any responsibility? Again not to protect the car owner or the thieves but to protect the INNOCENT bystanders that may be hurt.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #39
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Think of the children.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #40
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Coming soon to this way of thinking:

Women wearing sexy clothes being blamed for rape.

well if u dress like a slut, act like a slut, but ARE NOT a slut-isnt that false advertising? and since i read somewhere rape is given out as punishment, raping the fake slut is more like making a citizen arrest.....right?