Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-18-2008, 01:44 AM   #31
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Yeah pretty much. But its worth a shot to me. Id prefer not to be holdin up waiting for them to attack though. Because the chance of killing every last zombie and living worry free is almost non existant. If I made a run for the island, theres at least a small chance of not being found while theyre busying devouring those that stayed.
I'd want to stick around and try to kill as many of them as possible... staying on shore keeps the hope alive of finding survivors... aka vagina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Considering I have a lot of hours flying and know my way around a gauge cluster and gps, I would most definitely find an island and land safely. I know a few small islands in the carribbean I would head for.

If zombies swim to my island, ah well. Those are some crazy ass zombies and they deserve to get me by tracking me out on a remote island.
True... I'd still want to kill as many as possible... that means living amongst them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
If you really thought about it though, the military would have no issues dealing with zombies. I wonder how many defensless zombies an infantry company could kill.
Great... So the fucking Iraqi's would be zombie free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Anyone ever seen Shawn of the Dead?
Only one of the best zombie movies EVER. Fantastic flick. Highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
Shawn of the Dead rules!

though NtS brings up a good point... depends on if they're true ZOMBIES or rage infected undead...
I'd say the 28 days/weeks later (which are fantastic BTW) scenario is the most plausible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
OSP, you live in Florida. Isn't that the land of the living dead already??
True dat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Yep. You don't have to outrun the zombies. Just outrun the other people (or knock em down) and let the zombie's eat them. I'm going to hell for thinking about knocking down old people and leaving them to die by the hand of zombies, aren't I?
That's all well and good for the initial outbreak... eventually, unless you subscribe to the island theory, you'd be cornered in one way shape or form...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
yea but just by the laws of physics they'd eventually run out of fuel. they'd never make it to your island, and the ones that did would be so lethargic that they'd never have the energy to actually hurt you. Plus, they'd never be able to actually seek you out. they'd just have to randomly come upon your island while swimming in the ocean, and i dont see that happening.
That's true... but how fucking boring would that damn island be.

Quote:
Island plan is a bit over-rated. Odds are you'd die on the island of something far worse than zombie infestation. Some sort of infection or virus would have its way with you, and would be a LOT worse than any zombie attack, considering you're all by your lonesome with some bimbo who has abandoned you at the first sign of you being sick.
Agreed. The hope of finding survivors would keep me wanting to stay inland anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Why in the hell are you making zombie plans in the first place?
Cause when there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

see in 28 days and 28weeks later they seemed to change... in 28 weeks they seemed more... intelligent... where as in 28 days... they were just mindless rage... ya know? that was my biggest issue with 28weeks... the dad stalking them...

if it's that case... your gonna have issues... those fuckers were like inhumanly strong... so it's like someone hopped up on adrenaline all the time... so I imagine they'd be able to break hold you down long enough to bite through the leathers or find a spot where they can get at your skin...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #33
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
see in 28 days and 28weeks later they seemed to change... in 28 weeks they seemed more... intelligent... where as in 28 days... they were just mindless rage... ya know? that was my biggest issue with 28weeks... the dad stalking them...

if it's that case... your gonna have issues... those fuckers were like inhumanly strong... so it's like someone hopped up on adrenaline all the time... so I imagine they'd be able to break hold you down long enough to bite through the leathers or find a spot where they can get at your skin...
those types of zombies scare the fuck out of me.

Shawn of the dead zombies? well. lets just say i'd visit a hardware store and head for the chainsaw isle... being sure to stock up on protection against splattering blood. dont want the goo to get in me.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #34
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:

I think those movies were a great twist on the zombie genre... I don't think they seemed more intelligent in 28 Weeks, I just think there was more character development...

I do believe they mentioned something about overactive adrenal glands as one of the side effects of the rage virus... I highly doubt they'd be able to penetrate the leather, though exposed skin around the neck may be a problem... Leather gaiter FTW?

Quote:

Shawn of the dead zombies? well. lets just say i'd visit a hardware store and head for the chainsaw isle... being sure to stock up on protection against splattering blood. dont want the goo to get in me.
Evil Dead style. I like it.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #35
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

What scares the shit out of me is zombie dogs. Resident Evil style. Those fuckers were the worst group of zombies in the whole movie. Besides the gay ass super bosses.

The island solution would suck, but so would be being constantly hunted. Honestly I wouldn't want either.

Quote:

Chainsaws would be useless after a few months, nothing to power them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #36
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

humm... I think we need to sit down had have a TWFix Zombie plan for Indy... cause fuck if I'm gonna be stuck in Indy with a billion fuck'n rage'n zombies with no fuck'n plan!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #37
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
humm... I think we need to sit down had have a TWFix Zombie plan for Indy... cause fuck if I'm gonna be stuck in Indy with a billion fuck'n rage'n zombies with no fuck'n plan!
I dont know how well I would do with a big enough plane for all of us to go to an island and that kind of distance we would have to land and refuel. My plane might only be good for one landing.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #38
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

first off. i love this thread.

Second off.

The chainsaw would only be to amuse myself. pretty much just to obliterate a group lf zombies.

I think i'd be down for building a fortress, like in I am legend, the place they go to at the end. Out in the country, far away from fucking mass cities. there'd be enough room to grow crops, wells for water, pretty much everything you need. idealy it could be around an army base or somewhere easily fortified.

BTW those zombies in I am legend fucking ruined the movie. Way to unrealistic, they could have made the movie so much better w/o the CGI zomboid creatures.

And i agree w/ trip. In pretty much any game those fucking zombie dogs scare the shit outa you. Theyre so fast and have a low profile, once they get up on you its game over.

i think i'd wanna start a colony somewhere like martha's vineyard. Endless supply of food from the ocean and land, you could desalinate the sea water for drinking, and you're naturally fortified. if the zombies can swim, then you just fuckin shoot em in the water.

I doubt zombies can swim though. they'd thrash about to much and eventually drown, once their heads are below water its game over, they wouldnt have the sense to hold their breath.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

As long as we are playing in the land of fantasy. I want a fucking lightsaber. Not for just zombie use, image the possibilities if you had a fucking lightsaber. I would probably just end up cutting one of my own body parts off though.
Quote:
Old 04-19-2008, 02:38 AM   #40
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
first off. i love this thread.

Second off.

The chainsaw would only be to amuse myself. pretty much just to obliterate a group lf zombies.

I think i'd be down for building a fortress, like in I am legend, the place they go to at the end. Out in the country, far away from fucking mass cities. there'd be enough room to grow crops, wells for water, pretty much everything you need. idealy it could be around an army base or somewhere easily fortified.

BTW those zombies in I am legend fucking ruined the movie. Way to unrealistic, they could have made the movie so much better w/o the CGI zomboid creatures.

And i agree w/ trip. In pretty much any game those fucking zombie dogs scare the shit outa you. Theyre so fast and have a low profile, once they get up on you its game over.

i think i'd wanna start a colony somewhere like martha's vineyard. Endless supply of food from the ocean and land, you could desalinate the sea water for drinking, and you're naturally fortified. if the zombies can swim, then you just fuckin shoot em in the water.

I doubt zombies can swim though. they'd thrash about to much and eventually drown, once their heads are below water its game over, they wouldnt have the sense to hold their breath.
I concur on your first point NtS... This thread is money. Nothing excites me more than talk of a zombie apocalypse... seriously.

That being said... The zombies DID ruin I Am Legend... They should have contacted Greg Nicotero to do that shit... It would have been amazing.

Now... onto your other points...

Zombie dogs do not frighten me. Dogs are simple... zombie dogs are MORE simple. They bark, they bite... Just like regular dogs. Zombies naturally make noise, so I'd expect zombie dogs to do the same... And what virus do we know of that effects humans in the same way as animals anyway? Who knows how a zombie dog would act?

As far as zombies swimming... recognize that swimming is a natural thing for humans... the only reason people cannot swim is because of panic. Newborn babies can keep themselves afloat, I'm sure zombies with their natural instincts and (Romero like) ability to recollect previously held skills could manage to swim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
As long as we are playing in the land of fantasy. I want a fucking lightsaber. Not for just zombie use, image the possibilities if you had a fucking lightsaber. I would probably just end up cutting one of my own body parts off though.
Let's be serious and not retarded for a minute... Lightsabers are total BS... Being an engineer, I'd expect more of you.

Then again, what do I know... I'm shitfaced...