Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #31
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Holy shit Troy, that's awesome!! You sound like an infommercial!

I always wonder how vegans get protein....I might just have to go take a look at this book over lunch. (instead of eating my leftover pizza )
Troy gets his from tube steak.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #32
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
You sound like an infommercial!
BTW....if it didn't produce amazing results, and do what he SAID it would do....I'd be the FIRST to bash it.

But it truly is phenomenal and life changing.

While I USE to LOVE pizza and a great stromboli from Elizabeth’s...I’d just assume you shoot me than eat either now. It’s a mindset that only proper information and facts can help you achieve.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #33
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Find something you enjoy doing. Then do it consistently. Stick with it should the goal, the weightloss will come.

Also, eat healthy. Fruits, veg and lean meat.

Don't complicate being healthy with too many rules. It'll become too much like work.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #34
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Troy, my bowl of shrimp pasta was way better then your vegan whatever it was.........lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

Pro Blend 55 protein shakes, EAS Myoplex low carb bars, and cans of white albacore tuna and you are all set. You might want to take fiber supplements too. The key really is low fat/low carb and high protein intake. Black Beans are a good source of protein and fiber.

One more thing. For cardio, no more than 40 minutes a day. Anymore than that and it is counter productive, as long as you are truly working out and not walking or talking with your buddies.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #36
Jet
Street Stunter

OK I stopped reading at the slim fast diet so sorry if it's already been run over.
You're not eating enough. You have to eat to lose, seems like a counter productive task but it's the truth. Almost no male should eat less than 1500 cal a day unless your extremely sedentary, really short, and really skinny.
The way you got it going now your dinner is your largest meal, this is ass backwards.
Breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day, this is where you want to get your complex carbs and fats in.
You can also do a pre breakfast snack if you get up really early to exercise, I usually go with a banana since it's a good combo of complex and simple carbs.
Moving to the easier part. Cardio is best done at longer durations/lower intensity to target fat loss. Going 20-30 min will hit some fat but your mainly working your cardiovascular health (which is great btw).
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #37
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Also: the 18-19 year old kids who spend their time in the gym standing around talking with their buddies, working out maybe 15 minutes of the hour they're there, yet still sport six-pack abs, as I sweat my ass off and want to barf, really piss me off.
I remember those days. Damn, I miss them.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #38
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I'm surprised the hasn't popped in yet.

Try this...I need to lose weight and I'm also looking for car. What brand should I buy?

That should get him here.

James♦
hahahaha

Post up what Pauldun asked...what do you weigh and what are you eating?

1. You don't loose weight lifting weights, you tear and rebuild muscle. Though as a result you increase metabolism and burn fat slowly. If you want to loose weight you have to do AM cardio (like walking on an incline or swift walking) with only a glass of water or BCAAs (preferred).
2. Diet is everything. You can't just eat whatever the fuck you want and expect magical results. You aren't 21 anymore.
3. Your test levels may be lower than normal. Also, when you ejaculate, your body test levels drop. So if your fucking that wife (who may be cheating on you, just sayin) 2 times a day, don't expect to be all pumped and cut up. You'll end up getting a tad fatter unless you supplement your test or limit sex to every 3 days. Contrary to popular belief, sex has it's downfalls with test and cortozone levels.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #39
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Can't wait for the replies to this one.

I'm trying SlimFast. Scoff as you will, I thought it would be an easy way to regulate calorie intake, since I don't have much time throughout the day to prepare meals. 200 calories per drink, one morning, one afternoon, then a dinner of 500-700 calories, depending on what we make. The SlimFast is full of sugar, but I don't consume many carbs otherwise. Dinners are usually a meat with vegetables.

A coworker lost nine pounds in two weeks using SlimFast without any exercise at all. I may give it up if I don't start seeing some changes soon......
You co-worker lost 9lbs water..not 9lbs of fat. Slim fast simly forces you to eat less. But eating more is eating less if you eat the right foods. Eating smaller meals thoughout the day keeps the metabolism up and the blood sugar leveled.

Quote:
I start every workout with 20 to 35 minutes of cardio, usually on an elliptical machine or stair climber. My wrecked left knee keeps me off the treadmill. I alternate days focusing on upper or lower body with weights. I don't break it down any further than that because I only have 45 to 90 minutes per workout, depending on the day (meaning I'll do arms, back, shoulders, abs, etc in the same session). I run through every machine in the gym, but spend most of my time with free weights, just because they are what I grew up on. On my days away from the gym I'll do sprints up and down the driveway (no distance jogging) and pull-ups on my rings. If no one else is around and I have the time, sometimes I'll do body-weight squats, lunges, and push-ups in my office (just not enough to get sweaty).......
Ditch doing the cardio pre-lifting weights UNLESS it's 5-10 minutes for a warmup (not needed though). It is assbackwards. Do LOW INTENSITY morning cardio at least 4 days a week for 45-60 minutes right after you get up (after a glass of water) on the non-lifting leg days. This is strictly targeted for burning fat. Doing cardio before lifting and especially after you have eaten already does little to nothing to burn fat.

Lift 3-4 days a week. No more. You are not on steriods and your central nervous system isn't going to be happy unless you are taking a week off every 3-4 weeks. Besides, it's counterproductive.

Also, hitting "every machine" is fucking retarded. I mean chicks have better lifting regimes and they are much smaller. You also should be progressing on weight or reps and the routines/exercises should change when they need to. I have 50 or so regimes if you are interested, I can post them here.

Quote:
....I've always had poor sleeping habits. I feel like shit every morning regardless of how many hours I've slept. I'm actually working with a sleep clinic (finally) to figure out why. They already tested me for apnea (negative), but I have another study scheduled next month for narcolepsy.......
A few things on this...

1. Do not lie down during the day, even on the couch. You will give your body some rest and it will be harder to fall asleep.
2. Use 1 Alteril pill 1.5 hours before bed...it works wonders.
3. Use 3 ZMA pills as soon as you go to bed, but do NOT eat any calcium at least 4 hours prior. This is simply zinc, magnesium and B6. It is REALLY good for sleep and all natural.

Quote:
....That's why I cut my calorie intake. I didn't think I was giving them much to work with. I don't want anything to get bigger. I want to cut body fat and display the muscles I already have.

5-foot-8, about 190 pounds. Eventually, I'd like to cut down to about 160. The last time I weighed 160 was about five years ago after weeks of being sick; the last time before that I was 14 years old. I don't know if I was born with lead in my bones or what, but I've always been much heavier than I look. Even at ages 18 thru 20, when I was an extremely fit and solid 190 pounds, people would estimate my weight to be 20 to 30 pounds lighter. I carry more fat now than I ever have, but to look at me clothed you'd never guess how heavy I actually am. I don't have a gut or visible flab; my fat is all tucked neatly up between my muscles, erasing all my definition.
Drop the "I don't want to get bigger crap". You are not on steriods you aren't going to gain all that much muscle. Do the morning cardio and the fat will come off. Take the sleeping aids and eat more during the day (as with a gallon of water).

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #40
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Is lack of sex the reason you're in such great shape?

Also: I don't understand most of what you just said.

Hahahaha...no. I'm not clueless on how to gain muscle and loose body fat.

The trick to sex is to not have it before lifting or within a few hours after lifting. You just have to realize what is does and how to counter it's effects.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-16-2009 at 03:46 PM..