Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #31
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Apparently he teaches people to fly, teaches people who teach people to fly, and went to the Mennonite Educational Institute.

Close!

Okay:
Certified Flight Instructor
Certified Flight Instrument Instructor
Multi Engine Instructor
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #32
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post

Close!

Okay:
Certified Flight Instructor
Certified Flight Instrument Instructor
Multi Engine Instructor
I don't know, the Mennonite was awesome

Marko, you're a scardy-pants?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #33
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I don't know, the Mennonite was awesome

Marko, you're a scardy-pants?
More like smart.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #34
Bryan
Trailer Queen

I got my private certificate in 2002, added an instrument rating in 2006 and a commercial rating in 2007.
So far I've flown 1300 hours, 800 hours in my current plane, a Piper Warrior.
I started out in a Cessna 150 and everything snowballed from there, leading to the Warrior and then a Cessna 172. The 172 was an investment plane and I only kept it for a few months. The profits from that plane paid for the avionics up grade in the Warrior.

Pretty much all my flying anymore is just back and forth on the weekends to our lake house on an island in Lake Erie. Only way on or off is by boat or plane, it's 1 1/4 hours to fly right to the island vs a 3 hour drive to Port Clinton OH and 45 min ferry boat ride.

Flying is very rewarding and I hope you stick with it...dont give up! If you start to get burnt out over a certain manuver or whatever, ask your CFI to just go up and "bore holes" in the sky for 30 minutes or so. A lot of times people just need to get out of the "training" mode for a little bit to remember thats it's fun to fly and that is the reason they're taking lessons!
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #35
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
More like smart.
Plane:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_t..._a_plane_crash

Car:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_t...a_car_accident

Super Smart.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #36
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I got my private certificate in 2002, added an instrument rating in 2006 and a commercial rating in 2007.
So far I've flown 1300 hours, 800 hours in my current plane, a Piper Warrior.
I started out in a Cessna 150 and everything snowballed from there, leading to the Warrior and then a Cessna 172. The 172 was an investment plane and I only kept it for a few months. The profits from that plane paid for the avionics up grade in the Warrior.

Pretty much all my flying anymore is just back and forth on the weekends to our lake house on an island in Lake Erie. Only way on or off is by boat or plane, it's 1 1/4 hours to fly right to the island vs a 3 hour drive to Port Clinton OH and 45 min ferry boat ride.
So do you fly into Erie-Ottawa Regional if you ferry out??? What island? We have a house on Catawba.

Doc flies a white and orange Hawk XP II, with the engine mod that bumps it up to the 210 hp. Looks kinda like this one (with all orange stripes instead of brown), but in MUCH better condition. If I'm not mistaking the Hawk XP is basically a faster 172???

Another good complete pic of the XP II...

1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 03-29-2011 at 12:19 AM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #37
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Thats like 40 miles straight across the water to Grosse. That may be 15-20 minutes tops.

Its only an hour and 35 minutes from the island. I may ride up sometime too...
That's super cool. Well your always welcome to fly out. I'll pick ya up from the airport. Just let me know what you want to do when u get here.
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 AM   #38
Bryan
Trailer Queen

Quote:
So do you fly into Erie-Ottawa Regional if you ferry out??? What island? We have a house on Catawba.

Doc flies a white and orange Hawk XP II, with the engine mod that bumps it up to the 210 hp. Looks kinda like this one (with all orange stripes instead of brown), but in MUCH better condition. If I'm not mistaking the Hawk XP is basically a faster 172???

Another good complete pic of the XP II...

We're on Middle Bass Island, when I fly up we go straight to the island. I can get in with four adults, but not out due to the runway being only 1800 feet. So I take two to PC and drop them off, back to MBI to pick up the fourth, fly to PC to pick up the other two and back to Indiana.

One of my friends has a Hawk XP, amazing performers!

Are you getting ready for the Walleye fishing? I plan to get my boat wet Apr 9th!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #39
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
We're on Middle Bass Island, when I fly up we go straight to the island. I can get in with four adults, but not out due to the runway being only 1800 feet. So I take two to PC and drop them off, back to MBI to pick up the fourth, fly to PC to pick up the other two and back to Indiana.

One of my friends has a Hawk XP, amazing performers!

Are you getting ready for the Walleye fishing? I plan to get my boat wet Apr 9th!
Oh ok, we dont always get up as north as middle bass. Our favorite is Kellys. We'll do PIB occasionally, but it gets too touristy and crazy in the summer.

I'm not a giant fisher, mostly due to bad motion sickness. Even on a big boat. I sometimes fish off of rock walls. I'm more ready to start eating some fresh caught Perch!!!! Not sure when we plan to ge the boat wet yet.

Sucks that you have to do the drop and go in PC. Such a waste of gas....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #40
Bryan
Trailer Queen

Quote:
Oh ok, we dont always get up as north as middle bass. Our favorite is Kellys. We'll do PIB occasionally, but it gets too touristy and crazy in the summer.

I'm not a giant fisher, mostly due to bad motion sickness. Even on a big boat. I sometimes fish off of rock walls. I'm more ready to start eating some fresh caught Perch!!!! Not sure when we plan to ge the boat wet yet.

Sucks that you have to do the drop and go in PC. Such a waste of gas....
Yeah, the "PC shuttle" as my wife calls it is a pain in the ass, but still way faster than driving! The round trip normally takes 20 gallons of avgas, if I have to do the shuttle it takes about 5 gallons more.

I have five perch and one walleye in the freezer I caught ice fishing in February, can't get enough!