Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #31
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
My bike still had the stock chain and sprockets so I don't know how that would change anything. After I bought the bike I found the TSB you posted applied to my bike. I had a buddy that was the service manager at a Yamaha dealership so I asked him about it. He said it was still covered, give him a week to get the parts in, bring it by, and they would get it done. It took around an hour. You may want to ask one of your buddies at the Honda dealership if they would honor a similar TSB on a Honda if a 520 kit had been done and work from there.
That or just call or stop in and talk to the guys at Yamaha, tell them the situation and ask if they will still do the recall. They may still do it and charge Yamaha for the parts and labor. What I wouldn't do is try to sneak it past them...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #32
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
That or just call or stop in and talk to the guys at Yamaha, tell them the situation and ask if they will still do the recall. They may still do it and charge Yamaha for the parts and labor. What I wouldn't do is try to sneak it past them...
His bike was at the Honda dealer which opened today. The Yamaha dealer doesn't open until tomorrow. I figured he would need to make a decision today and since the Yamaha dealer wasn't open he could only ask his buddies at the Honda dealer for advice.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #33
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
His bike was at the Honda dealer which opened today. The Yamaha dealer doesn't open until tomorrow. I figured he would need to make a decision today and since the Yamaha dealer wasn't open he could only ask his buddies at the Honda dealer for advice.
Actually the Yamaha dealer was open, kind of surprised me to be honest. But when i read off the VIN to them they told me it wasnt within the affected range. Thats not true however because it fits perfectly within this range "RJ04E-0000015~0028429" range. so i think they are just trying to get out of it. Im not really feeling like getting into an argument with them cause they are a bunch of assholes over there anyways so im just going to let my friends at Southern do it. its only 45 dollars and they have to file some of the threads on the drive shaft cause the sprocket rubbed some of them a bit when it came off. Im going to tell them to be sure and locktite it as well cause i dont want that shit coming off.
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #34
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
Actually the Yamaha dealer was open, kind of surprised me to be honest. But when i read off the VIN to them they told me it wasnt within the affected range. Thats not true however because it fits perfectly within this range "RJ04E-0000015~0028429" range. so i think they are just trying to get out of it. Im not really feeling like getting into an argument with them cause they are a bunch of assholes over there anyways so im just going to let my friends at Southern do it. its only 45 dollars and they have to file some of the threads on the drive shaft cause the sprocket rubbed some of them a bit when it came off. Im going to tell them to be sure and locktite it as well cause i dont want that shit coming off.
Having to force them to do it along with the hassle of having to move the bike from one shop to the other wouldn't be worth the $45 to me either. Good luck getting it fixed.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #35
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Got it fixed all is good she is running great. Only cost 44.70 actually so it was cheaper than they said. Parts only cost 6.38 so it was a cheap fix. Worst case scenario would of been a cracking the case open and replacing the drive shaft. Im glad it wasn't that bad.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #36
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
You mean just the threads that the nut use, right? Hopefully not the splines that the sprocket slides over.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #37
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You mean just the threads that the nut use, right? Hopefully not the splines that the sprocket slides over.
Yea just the threads for the nut.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #38
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Glad its fixed. Now, enjoy that new ride.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #39
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Yea believe me i am
Old 05-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #40
Rider
Moto GP Star

Clean bike. Keep the rubber side down.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote